When did JWFAN become the JRRTFan site?

JoeinAR

We could do without some of the polls that are related to LOTR. But again, JW is not cranking out scores on a regular basis anymore so unless someone can find better topics, I would suggest skipping them.

You could...you know...not read the damned threads.

I already said that that if you'd read my previous posts which is clear you did not. And I have not read most of those threads, why would I? But I can't help but read the thread titles.

Then have a seat like the rest of us and wait patiently. All fads eventually die out.

If you don't like sitting, go make love to Dave, or take up shooting at a gun range for a hobby, or basket weaving. Life's too short to complain about what the current trending topics are. ;)

Honestly it doesn't matter to me I just read the ones Im more interested in. IE: reboot film threads and such. The rest I tend to ignore.

I also periodically check the LLL, FSM, and Intrada threads for info regarding upcoming releases. All though lately I haven't paid to much attention to the forum since I've been out of town for the last three weeks. I'll be home on Sunday but still....

Anyways I honestly don't mind the threads as Faleel said its a DISCUSSION board so all types of discussions regarding films and their respective scores should be welcomed. If you don't like them then don't read them.

Uni this thread is Captain Dunsel.

I hate it when someone directs a reference to me that I don't get. . . . Makes me feel like a Captain Dunce.

- Uni

This is a classic JWfan thread. Complain about threads that don't have to do wit JW because they deal with something you find annoying, while the board is mainly non-JW related for quite a while now.

Which shouldn't be surprising given that the man's ratio has dropped well below 1 score per year.

The board also reads General discussion, not John Williams discussion.

Though I never figured out what differs a "General Discussion" from an "Other Topic".

I think a subforum is a silly idea. Soon the frenzy about the film and the score will be over, things will settle down.

There will always be Tolkien/LOTR discussion on the MB, but not always in these amounts. We are geeks, let us spread our wings and show our enthusiasm for a bit.

I think that's happened last time actually. What should have happened is a temporary sub forum was made in advance, like last time. Then once it dies down merge that shit together.

Didn't you bitch and moan about the Tin Tin / War Whores subforum?

It's the whole General Discussion knock-on effect, that's all. Moving popular discussions out of it has a negative effect on the JWFan experience. General Discussion is very dear to people, Jason.

The Tintin/Warhorse sub forums are dead to me!

Get 'em back where they belong.

And then we'll get another thread complaining about why there's a Tolkien sub forum in a JW fan site....

Just scroll down folks, the buzz is not going to last forever...

Aye, thought something rang a bell.

LotR is taking the piss now though. But it's nothing really. I was only chiming in to support Joey, because I know how I'd feel if Star Trek the Next Gen suddenly started to dominate GD. In fact I'd probably just leave.

*quick everyone - start making loads of Star Trek threads!*

And then we'll get another thread complaining about why there's a Tolkien sub forum in a JW fan site....

Just scroll down folks, the buzz is not going to last forever...

Bingo!

Uni, in Star Trek, you know Star Trek, not Star Trek the Next Generation, Star Trek qualified Star Trek the Original Series, Star Trek Deep Space Nine, Star Trek Voyager, Enterprise or Star Trek Enterprise, in the Episode Ultimate Computer when the Enterprise is given the M-5 computer and after a simulated war game Commodore Wesley refers to Kirk as Captain Dunsel which describes a part with no useful purpose.

I think the unexpressed issue is this: Both Williams and Shore had a new scores/movies come out in the last two months. One of them has received about 80 percent more discussion than the other. An outsider might think that since this is a JW fansite the answer to which one received more attention would be obvious--that person would be wrong.

I do think that all the Hobbit threads should be merged together, well if the threads are in regards to the film itself. I can understand about having a separate thread for the score. That shouldn't be merged with the movie topic.

I think the unexpressed issue is this: Both Williams and Shore had a new scores/movies come out in the last two months. One of them has received about 80 percent more discussion than the other. An outsider might think that since this is a JW fansite the answer to which one received more attention would be obvious--that person would be wrong.

If that were the case then I don't think people would be suggesting a JRR Tolkien subforum. That would make official what is now only implied.

I agree there's too much LotR talk on the board.

I listen to parts of the LotR scores once in a while even though I can't stomach the complete recordings, but when they start being compared side by side to Williams masterpieces, that's where I draw the line

I was amazed when I got my hands on the new Hook release and it didn't click with me at all. I used to like this music when I was a kid. My JW taste has wandered to his other works.

Karol

An outsider would also understand that one is indefinitely more interesting to discuss than the other. And it isn't Williams'.

One is a release people waited 10 years for, the other yet another Spielberg drama for which Williams channeled War Horse, which was already discussed plenty more than a year ago.

It comes down to the reality that some people and JW elitists still can't grasp the fact that John Williams fans love other composers' works, and sometimes find them far more interesting. I think this is JWFAN, and not JWELITE.

And quite frankly, I love Williams to death, but the continuation of probably the most successful and musically intriguing trilogy of the past 60 years is more interesting for the large majority than some subdued Americana for yet another Spielberg drama.

I created an alternate account just for LotR bashing to reel some cash in. You have no idea how loaded I am! :lick:

I agree there's too much LotR talk on the board.

I listen to parts of the LotR scores once in a while even though I can't stomach the complete recordings, but when they start being compared side by side to Williams masterpieces, that's where I draw the line

:lol: Classic KM. "Stop talking about your opinions cause they're wrong."

:D

Um, no.

sorry but you're so wrong. Hobit muzak is crapola.

only 10 hobit threads on the main page today, minor improvement.

I see. Seeing how wildly popular the Lincoln thread is, I can clearly take you serious.

When discussion about Lincoln is already slow on a JW fanboard, its significance is clearly illustrated.

Some grumbling by a bitter fanboy doesn't change that.

Oh, you used the word"fanboy", how original is that? I think it should be prohibited here already. Annoying.

And what is that Dallas Film Critics named Lincoln score of the 2012? No comments here in the JWFan?

Only 17 threads about tolkien.

No comments here in the JWFan?

So, your saying, the reason we are not talking about Lincoln, is because we have Tolkein threads?

so posts make the threads, and the threads make the posters?