Did John Williams read Lord Of The Rings?

Of course. It's what made him brilliant.

(You're just rubbing salt, aren't you? I knew you still had it in you, old dog. (Y) )

- Uni

Oh, man. . . . :rolleyes:

How long before hear about how he no longer accepts invitations to conduct the Isengard Symphony Orcestra?

- Uni

John is a goose-stepping moron who instead of burning books should try reading them.

To be honest, I doubt Williams can read.

Possibly. Have you seen the state of his handwriting? It's all squiggles and lines, like gobbledygook.

He likes to get people excited that there's treasure buried underneath.

ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO

Except he should know that "X" never, ever marks the spot. . . .

- Uni

Without Lord of the Rings, Williams' career would never have lifted off. He's been wearing a one ring replica around his neck since he read the book. And he's been plotting Shore's death ever since he got hired to score the films.

Williams forged the one baton to rule them all to cast his everlasting shadow over all film music. Unfortunately Hans Zimmer created an alliance with his fellow synth programmers and overthrew him. Today, he is known as Towner the Accursed, or Towner the Emotionally Manipulative.

Heh heh. John Williams is the "sixth" of The Five Wizards. I don't know his Elvish name but in the common tongue he is known as Turtleneck the Black.

Gandalf's description, from The Book of WAY Unfinished Tales:

"He is a master of notes and changes of key and all things that involve union musicians. He is also the only wizard among our order who actually carries a wand."

Heh heh. John Williams is the "sixth" of The Five Wizards. I don't know his Elvish name but in the common tongue he is known as Turtleneck the Black.

Gandalf's description, from The Book of WAY Unfinished Tales:

"He is a master of notes and changes of key and all things that involve union musicians. He is also the only wizard among our order who actually carries a wand."

It may also seem that a long time ago in The Second Age he had defeated and overcome a very powerful Ainur simply known in the common tongue as "The Pony-tailed One", a being whom many would recall as one of the Dark Lords of rhythm and harmony. Turtleneck defeated Ponytail with a simple flick of his wand.

Is has trees in it, even talking ones, so he probably did. ;)

Karol

My thoughts exactly!

From what I remember it is widely believed Horner in the ancient Anduinic meant "He Who Can Summon The Dead". However, other scholars disagree pointing at the obscurity of the language, which causes a lot of translating problems. The other version is that it means "He Who Never Changes". As you can see there is a substantial difference.

Giacchino, on the other hand, is quite simple. It means "The Usurper".

Karol

To take this thread towards some value, and it is difficult, given that Stefan Cosman started it, we are quite frankly dragging ourselves out of a deep hole of dung...

While I think John Williams is an avid reader, I don't really believe he is a fantasy and science fiction man. I imagine he reads a lot of non-fiction.