Christian Henson's Storage 24 (Digital Release now available)

Jay

Some of you are familiar with Christian Henson's wonderful score to Grabbers, a fantastic Goldsmith-inspired score to a 2012 independent Irish film that is one of my favorite scores of the year. I just came across this press release today for his next score:

Screamworks Records presents

Storage 24 (Christian Henson)

storage24.jpg

http://moviescoremedia.com/screamworks/2013/01/08/storage-24-christian-henson/'>http://moviescoremedia.com/screamworks/2013/01/08/storage-24-christian-henson/

Written, produced and starring Noel Clarke, Storage 24 is a science fiction thriller where the horrific story takes off when a military plane with highly classified contents crashes in London. The mesmerizing music for the film is written by Christian Henson, the composer who won the ‘Best Musical Score’ trophy at Screamfest for Black Death (available on CD from MovieScore Media) and who has recently written the score for another sci fi feature, the award-winning Grabbers as well as features such asTriangle, Severance and The Secret of Moonacre.

Henson’s contemporary score for Storage 24 features eerie atmospheric writing, engaging action tracks and handsome, effective themes that recall the writing of Hans Zimmer while retaining the unique voice of Christian Henson!

Our digital release of the soundtrack coincides with the US theatrical release of the film on January 11.

SWD0010 • STORAGE 24 (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
Music Composed by CHRISTIAN HENSON
Release date (digital only): January 8, 2013

TRACK LIST

1 Opening Credits 3:15
2 The Dummies 1:25
3 Mary 3:05
4 Out of the Basement 2:28
5 Discoveries 2:40
6 Newsflash 1:45
7 Dog Death 2:48
8 Discovering Body 3:20
9 Alien Chase 2:22
10 Love Rats 1:58
11 Interrogation 2:10
12 Claw Through Metal 1:48
13 Our Hero 1:58
14 Escape to the Refuge 2:42
15 Toy Gun Ambush 2:27
16 Face Off 1:58
17 After the Puppy 3:19
18 Theme from “Storage 24? 2:38

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to see Grabbers is one of your 2012 top scores - it's insane how catchy his themes are. It's a pity so few people have heard the score. I'm following the movie's Twitter account. The director is trying to get the distributor (Sony) to release it on iTunes but they are stalling for some reason.

I saw Storage 24 when it was released in Ireland back in the summer. It is an enjoyable B-movie. It is very formulaic and doesn't push any boundaries but it is a fun watch none the less. I saw Storage 24 before I saw Grabbers so I had no idea who Christian Henson was it the time. I can't say the score as heard in the film made any impact on me at all but I might give it another listen now that I'm familar with the composer.

I also noticed that Henson has recently scored a Sinbad TV series. I haven't seen the series or heard the score but it does seem an intriging project with excellent opportunities for him to create a rich orchestral score but I don't think it has been released yet. Details of it are on his official site: http://christian.hen...for-sinbad.html

Have you heard the isolated score on the Grabbers bluray?

There's another website that is streaming even more tracks.... I forget the site right now I'll have to dig it up.

Cool, that would be fantastic.

That site you sent me is great in lieu of an OST but it doesn't offer the best representation of the score because it is simply the raw scoring sessions with many very short tracks. I'm very busy at the moment but in a few weeks I hope to produce an album version of the score with many of those short tracks combined for a much better listening experience.