Golden Globes Live Comments Thread

King Mark

Hey, I didn't even know it was tonight.

JW might win...

here it is

Michael Dana.....crap

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I would have loved Williams to win, but I'm glad Danna's finally got some awards attention in his career.

And I don't think we should totally dismiss William's Oscar chances yet...

Oh and I'm glad Adele won too!

All award shows have been getting less and less credible over the past 10 years. Only movies winning are independent flicks, while the TV programs chosen are all on premium cable receiving very little viewership.

I miss the days of the studio system and the Big Three/Four networks.

Ok, yes, congratulations to the winner but having listened to the score (haven't seen the movie yet), I thought it was just an Ok score. Nothing outstanding or to be thrilled about..

i guess most were influenced by the movie (since I hear very good words about it).

For example, a friend of mine that never really notices the music in films, he said that it had very good music.

So, here you go..

No need to boo Danna. I would have wanted him to win after Williams (although Marianelli comes close).

I saw Life of Pi and none of the music made me want to listen to the OST afterwards

It sounds a bit "exotic" so I guess that's what attracts noms these days

, while the TV programs chosen are all on premium cable receiving very little viewership.

True, I'm like what the hell is that show all the time. Never heard of them

I haven't listened to Pi on its own yet but I thought it was absolutely gorgeous in the film, and I actually slightly prefer it to the use of music in Lincoln, so as fun as it would be to see Williams on the Oscar stage for the 6th time, I'd be quite happy for Danna to get his first moment in the sun. Congrats to him!

Bill Clinton? wtf

First time I see a President on an Award show....and plugging Lincoln

All the clips so far have The People's House. Maybe if they would have used this music in the actual movie instead of the End Credits it would have won best score

Globes/Oscars/Emmys have just become a consolation prize for work that doesn't sell. "Oh, you went through all that trouble of making some artsy crap that nobody wants to pay to watch, so here's a statuette instead."

On a side note, I think JW wasn't even at the Lincoln table a few moments ago. Probably skipped the whole thing.

All award shows have been getting less and less credible over the past 10 years. Only movies winning are independent flicks, while the TV programs chosen are all on premium cable receiving very little viewership.

Amen. To all of this.

- Uni

Congratulations to Mychael Danna. :)

I have a bad feeling about JWs Oscar chances now. Either Desplat or Danna, who have not won any yet, will probably take home the golden statuette on the Oscar night.

I love it that people say all awards have very little significance nowadays, yet they still want Williams to win one. And if he does win one, suddenly, the voters are all good people and stuff like that.

You can all go to hell, for what it's worth!

And a good day to you as well sir!

I love it that people say all awards have very little significance nowadays, yet they still want Williams to win one. And if he does win one, suddenly, the voters are all good people and stuff like that.

You can all go to hell, for what it's worth!

:up:

I'm listening to Life of Pi on Spotify - this is much more memorable than most of Lincoln to me (well, the less ethnic parts anyway).

64973_10151158201902723_1549090338_n_zps7da8b580.jpg

Michael Haneke received the award for best foreign film (Amour - the film I anticipate the most). That he should get it from these two guys is pretty funny. I wonder if they ever watched a Haneke film.

The sound just cut out. Did Jodie Foster just admit to being a lesbian?

Word has it that NBC blipped Ms. Foster out, on purpose....

Another screw up in a semi-long line ,recently

why did they cut it off the TV broadcast?

That may not hold up too well

Ben Affeck won the GG and is not nominated for Oscars

Not for directing, but he's still up for best picture, which could still throw a monkey wrench into the Oscar proceedings.....

Amen. To all of this.

- Uni

I don't really understand why anybody's expecting credibility from these things, or assumes that they've been any different in the past. It's just a bunch of people casting votes for what they individually and personally -- emphasis: not unanimously -- deem to be the best work. Sometimes the sum total lines up with popular opinion, sometimes they go their own way, but it's all democratic.

If I have a problem with these awards, it's with the ridiculous expense and air of pretense/self-importance that creeps into what is essentially an end-of-the-year office party, but nobody outside of the entertainment industry should be getting all bent out of shape over the winners.

And unless I'm misreading, I dislike the implication that just because something is independent and/or receiving little viewership, the quality of the product must be low. Doesn't always work like that.

:thumbup:

I do know that there are times when JW is nominated, and I want him to win merely because I know that he is 100x the composer that the other nominees are. Then I take it personally when he loses. The days are gone when it was JW vs Marvin Hamlisch or JG or Ennio Morricone or John Barry. So it's JW vs all these newcomers, who have very little experience in comparison, but can crank out some really good stuff once in a while. Sometimes this stuff is just a perfect match for the film it is assigned, in which case it should probably win. But I measure it by a different criteria, which is really irrelevant to the Oscars.