Complete Cue List: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey by Howard Shore (Full Analysis coming soon)

Jay

BTW, the first part of Where's Bilbo, is from A Good Omen, the part right before Gondor Reborn.

Yeah I just noticed that a snippet of Hill of Sorcery was used to underscore Bilbo's escape from the Goblin Caves and the dwarven company running down the mountainside, more specifically the music from the end of the track originally underscoring Radagast's escape from Dol Guldur, the furiously fast variant of Radagast's Theme.

Yeah, its a mix of The Hill of Sorcery, with a string sustain from Riddles in the Dark layered over top of it.

I'VE ALREADY MENTIONED THAT LIKE FOUR MONTHS AGO! GUYS!

Well you are a most observant man BB. Well done! Good for you! Top notch thinking! Brilliant!

But you could not, eventually, you would not be able to contain your urge to be The Messenger, and you would return.

A messenger nobody listens to is no messenger at all!

Awwww are you having some kind of identity crisis? In all fairness your messaging has been more than abundant. It is hard to keep up. You have almost 10 000 posts and you have been here since what 2010? I am going at 12 000 after 11 years.

What Harry Potter thread here is locked? I've only been an admin since 2010

Mods just make sure people aren't breaking the rules, and warn them if they do, and ban them if they break them repeatedly. Also delete spam posts, move posts to the right threads, move threads to the right forum, and other such things along those lines.

As an Admin, I have the extra power to rename accounts, create new forums, and change all kind of board settings (such as installing new skins and plugins, adding or removing features, etc)

This thread being bumped reminds me of how much cleanup I have to do to the main post.... oi!

What do you do as moderator? I remember seeing a Harry potter thread being 'locked', do you know why it would be.

Could you be a bit more specific, which thread is that? I can't remember any Potter thread being closed in recent memory either.

On old systems, massive threads could cause the boards to slow down, so threads were usually closed when they reached a certain page count. Notice that the last post was submitted nearly three years ago.

I'm sure there was a potterdom thread part 2 or whatever to continue where that one left off

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Update on my theme list:

• Main Title Theme
  • The Company of Thorin Oakenshield
  • Erebor
  • Thorin, Son of Thrain
  • Azog The Defiler
  • Shadow over Mirkwood
  • The Threat of Dol Guldur (the rising brass, similar to The Threat of Mordor from Osgiliath Invaded)
  • Bilbo Fussy
  • Bilbo's Adventure
  • Baggins/Took
  • Gandalf The Grey 1
  • Gandalf The Grey 2
  • Radagast The Brown 1
  • Radagast The Brown 2
  • Warg's of Gundabad
  • Bilbo's Antics
  • The Great Goblin (appears when we first see him, 0:08 of Under Hill)
  • The Goblins of Goblintown (similar to the five beat pattern, its heard throughout the Goblintown sequence, Brass Buttons at 1:18)
  • Thorin's Faith (the choral theme from the end of Brass Buttons, and Out of the Frying Pan)
  • Bilbo's Fate (the string theme we hear in Axe or Sword (4:18), and A Good Omen)
  • An Ancient Grievance (weakness and redemption variant) (My Dear Frodo 6:29)
  • The Dignity of Dwarves (A four note motif heard in Axe or Sword (1:14), Moon Runes, and An Ancient Enemy (it was microedited out) in the film it plays under Thorin saying "He Slunk back into the halls from whence he came")
  • The Dwarf Outline (the piece that plays throughout "Crochet")
  • The Trolls (1:24)
  • The Dwarf Lords

Good news: I'm finally beginning work on correcting and fully updated the main post with an actual complete cue list. Stay tuned!

BTW, I updated my old OST/SE comparison spreadsheet a bit

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AjiRtgP4_o4TdHdFUExoRi1GMjlxRjl6V0hXY2JKU1E&output=html

• 2 weeks later...

Update on my theme list:

• Main Title Theme
  • The Company of Thorin Oakenshield
  • Erebor
  • Thorin, Son of Thrain
  • Azog The Defiler
  • Shadow over Mirkwood
  • The Threat of Dol Guldur (the rising brass, similar to The Threat of Mordor from Osgiliath Invaded)
  • Bilbo Fussy
  • Bilbo's Adventure
  • Baggins/Took
  • Gandalf The Grey 1
  • Gandalf The Grey 2
  • Radagast The Brown 1
  • Radagast The Brown 2
  • Warg's of Gundabad
  • Bilbo's Antics
  • The Great Goblin (appears when we first see him, 0:08 of Under Hill)
  • The Goblins of Goblintown (similar to the five beat pattern, its heard throughout the Goblintown sequence, Brass Buttons at 1:18)
  • Thorin's Faith (the choral theme from the end of Brass Buttons, and Out of the Frying Pan)
  • Bilbo's Fate (the string theme we hear in Axe or Sword (4:18), and A Good Omen)
  • An Ancient Grievance (weakness and redemption variant) (My Dear Frodo 6:29)
  • The Dignity of Dwarves (A four note motif heard in Axe or Sword (1:14), Moon Runes, and An Ancient Enemy (it was microedited out) in the film it plays under Thorin saying "He Slunk back into the halls from whence he came")
  • The Dwarf Outline (the piece that plays throughout "Crochet")
  • The Trolls (1:24)
  • The Dwarf Lords

Need some more timestamps. I'm hopeless with these new themes.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Why November 5?

Because the DOS EE is coming out November 4th of this year, so I figure the BOTFA EE would come out somewhere around that time as well, So I decided to see what would happen first.