INDY-pendence Day, July 4th, 2005

JoeinAR

Coming attractions is reporting that Frank Darabont has indeed signed on as writer for Indiana Jones 4, which has been assigned as July 4, 2005 release date. You will need to scroll to the bottom as the page starts with the earliest news first, down to the lastest/last news.

So the 4th of July, which in the United States of America, is Independence Day, will take on a new meaning in the year 2005.

That means Lucas' involvement in Indy 4 will be curtailed to an extent as it will fall on the shoulders of the director Steven Spielberg, since Lucas will be finishing Ep. III.

It also means that in the summer of 2005 we will have at least 2 John Willliams soundtracks, Star Wars Ep. III and Indy 4. John will be a busy man revisiting old ground, and hopefully breaking new ground.

My challange to Lucas, Spielberg, and Williams is this, Challenge us. Dare to give us something new. Entice us with the familiar and then knock our socks off with new.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

True, I should have said to regard this as a rumor until we have a second source.

But I must say Coming Attractions is one of the most reliable sources out there. They are usually correct.

Joe, whose mouth is agape, shocked that Neil has a new Star Trek avatar.

Do you really think they're going to release an Indy film opposite a "Star Wars" film? I can't believe they would. Certainly, many people will go to see both, but I think such piggybacking would divide the all-important repeat business.

Figo, curious to see 2Oth Century Fox and Paramount get into a big hissy slap fight.

Either that, or get people into a indy/star wars mood bring more people out.

They will be released at least 5 weeks apart and one is a 20th Century release, while Paramount will release the other.

It is no different than this summer Lucas and Spielberg in the same summer. Again 5 weeks apart.

Kindly ignore the adjective, if it is misplaced. I do happen to think that if your films have the potential to gross $400 million a piece, you would probably not be inclined to place them in direct competition.

Frank Darabont has been envolved in the following projects, as a writer, director or producer:

Writer - filmography

(2000s) (1990s) (1980s)

Indiana Jones 4 (2004)

Adventures of Young Indiana Jones: Adventures in the Secret Service, The (1999) (V)

Adventures of Young Indiana Jones: Daredevils of the Desert, The (1999) (V)

Adventures of Young Indiana Jones: Oganga, the Giver and Taker of Life, The (1999) (V)

Adventures of Young Indiana Jones: The Phantom Train of Doom, The (1999) (V)

Green Mile, The (1999) (screenplay)

... aka Stephen King's The Green Mile (1999) (USA: complete title)

Black Cat Run (1998) (TV) (story) (teleplay)

Young Indiana Jones Travels with Father (1996) (TV)

Frankenstein (1994) (screenplay)

... aka Mary Shelley's Frankenstein (1994)

Shawshank Redemption, The (1994) (screenplay)

"Young Indiana Jones Chronicles, The" (1992) TV Series (writer) (episodes "German East Africa, December 1916", "Congo, January 1917", "Austria, March 1917", "Young Indiana Jones and the Phantom Train of Doom", "Palestine, October 1917")

Two-Fisted Tales (1991) (TV)

"Tales from the Crypt" (1989) TV Series (teleplay) (episode "Showdown")

... aka "HBO's Tales from the Crypt" (1989)

Fly II, The (1989) (screenplay)

Blob, The (1988) (screenplay)

Nightmare On Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors, A (1987)

Director - filmography

(2000s) (1990s) (1980s)

Majestic, The (2001)

Green Mile, The (1999)

Shawshank Redemption, The (1994)

Buried Alive (1990/II) (TV)

Woman in the Room, The (1983)

Producer - filmography

(2000s) (1990s)

Salton Sea, The (2002) (producer)

Majestic, The (2001) (producer)

Green Mile, The (1999) (producer)

Black Cat Run (1998) (TV) (executive producer)

Seems to me like a very good choice. I just hope it's true.

I doubt this'll happen. Every single rumor we've heard about Indy IV has been absolutely false, so there's no reason for anyone to believe this one, even if we really want to.

There was a rumor way back when that Darabont was gonna help Lucas write Episode I, but that clearly turned false, too.

Actually the rumor about Darabont writing Episode I was NOT a rumor. It was true. Darabont was considered by Lucas HEAVILY to write Episode I. As a matter of fact SW Insider even interviewed him about it. Basically Lucas just changed his mind and wanted to write the movie all by himself.

As for a 2005 release for Indy 4 I HIGHLY DOUBT IT!!!

Would Lucasfilm ACTUALLY release TWO movies so close together wioth Episode III in May and Indy 4 in July.

Would Lucasfilm ACTUALLY release TWO movies so close together wioth Episode III in May and Indy 4 in July.

Didn't Willow and Tucker come out only a few months apart? I'm pretty sure both were summer releases in 1988.

Neil

Right, but greedy Lucas has a stake in both franchises (Indy and SW).

I'm not gonna disagree with you, Figo, but lemme ask you this:

Who's more greedy, George Lucas or Bill Gates?

:?: