Justice League movie thread

Matt C

1 hour ago, Edmilson said:

Problem is, there shouldn't be a cliffhanger at all. I mean, if Snyder knew that WB wouldn't produce a sequel for his JL, so why end it with a cliffhanger that will never get a resolution? 

*shrug*

Doesn't matter to me. He wants to bring the movie he wanted to make to us, flaws and all. I'm sure the story will still be pretty much resolved. I imagine it will be mostly just a set-up scene. Meh.

On 2/19/2021 at 10:31 PM, AC1 said:

Isn't Duel also shot for 1.85 and 1.33? And The Wire?

No!

WIRE should only be watched in 1:33!

Btw...WTF is up with tv shows being shot in scope?

First MANDOLORIAN and then PUCARD!.

Do fans complain it " doesn't fill their screen?"

😠😠😠😞😉

1 minute ago, bruce marshall said:

WIRE should only be watched in 1:33!

That's how I watched it but Crocs (that's 'crocodile' to you) thinks we should give The Wire in 1.85 a chance.

9 hours ago, Edmilson said:

Problem is, there shouldn't be a cliffhanger at all. I mean, if Snyder knew that WB wouldn't produce a sequel for his JL, so why end it with a cliffhanger that will never get a resolution? 

It's like if the MCU ended with Infinity War.

If only it did 😞

11 hours ago, The Big Man said:

Didn't they do that in the theatrical version anyway? A scene with Lex on a boat talking to some guy?

Yeah, but I believe that scene was a Whedon reshoot. I could be wrong though. If anything, I'm looking forward to figuring out what was Whedon and what was Snyder.

I wouldn't really call that scene a cliffhanger though...more of a teaser. I am betting the "massive cliffhanger" will also be more of a teaser, but who knows. Maybe it's an actual cliffhanger.

On 2/26/2021 at 12:43 AM, AC1 said:

You're just intimidated by the U.S. critics, rough cut. ;)

IMDb is based on an actual numerical score while RT is based on the percentage of negative and positive reviews. And how many reviewers are scared to be honest? In reality, however, I usually find both RT and IMDb to come to the same conclusion.

You can't just go by IMDB numerical ratings. You have to read the reviews.

PICARD has nothing but negative reviews- 1 and 2 stars almost exclusively. But the numerical rating is up there in the 7s.

Seems like someone is manipulating things.

10 hours ago, Nick1066 said:

My understanding is Snyder has already done quite a bit of new shooting, re-shoots and added new characters. 

As far as I've heard the reshoots will only account for a mere 5 minutes, which isn't much. I understand your other points though, but I think this is still 90% basically what he would've wanted to make at that point, but there are certainly things that will be different (Halleluiah playing at the end as a tribute to his daughter for example).

The thing we'll never see is what WB would've released had he stayed on.

10 minutes ago, The Big Man said:

That thread is a time capsule from when Star Trek was better than everything. Discovery and Picard changed that forever.

Screenshot_2021-02-25-21-36-21.png

20201218_203104_HDR.jpg

51 minutes ago, AC1 said:

Trekkies with their "Star Trek is better than everything" have no choice but to like it. 

42 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

Here's Superman with a nice 'stache.

They should have keep it and perhaps add a wig to make him look like a hipster. We could have had a fresh new look on the character and he anq Aquaman could have drink together. Alas we missed all that.... :lol:

2 hours ago, Edmilson said:

Here's Superman with a nice 'stache.

Where the hell did those come from? I swear I could never find actual photos of him on set during the reshoots. Lol. 

For better or worse, the chapters mean nothing In terms of quality. Chapters have been done before.

Apart from the obvious association between chapters and TV-series, in terms of chapters and movies I associate it more with non-linear storytelling and movies that purposefully changes the perspective between different characters - neither approach which I had anticipated here.

But I guess chapters can be applied here as well. Why not.

On 3/2/2021 at 6:13 PM, TSMefford said:

Where the hell did those come from? I swear I could never find actual photos of him on set during the reshoots. Lol. 

You were never actually meant to see them. They were leaked only years later.

1 hour ago, crumbs said:

insufferably pretentious.

Did you mean: Zack Snyder DC Films

41 minutes ago, TheUlyssesian said:

You were never actually meant to see them. They were leaked only years later.

Ah. figures

Was there a plan to release it in b/w originally? Will there be a b/w version down the line?

Or is it completely arbitrary that some of the marketing is b/w (because the trailer, for example, wasn’t)?

Just now, rough cut said:

Was there a plan to release it in b/w originally? Will there be a b/w version down the line?

Or is it completely arbitrary that some of the marketing is b/w (because the trailer, for example, wasn’t)?

There is an official b n w version called Justice is Grey.

It will be released later on.

It is Snyder's definitive version of the film.

5 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

"Colors are for little kids. Real adult super-hero movies are in black and white because it's more edgy, dramatic, dark and epic!"

Perhaps that is what he “revised” in the new 4K release of BvS, that is getting a new colorgrading.

Some technician accidentally left natural color in one of the scenes, and Zack swooped in.

2 hours ago, rough cut said:

Can someone tell me why so much of the promotional material is in black and white?

FE55DD68-CA2C-412F-94CD-450238453858.jpeg

The actual reason from what I've heard is that, allegedly, the version Snyder had after leaving the project was unfinished, the full frame image, and black and white so that's what he was used to seeing and when he would release images from it before the official okay, they would always be in black and white, so it just kind of became the marketing look for this version of the movie.

The colored version we're getting this year is not the Snyder original version, the studio wanted colours so they give us this before moving to a closer version in black and white then a 1:1 black and white and in 2028 if my calculs are correct we should finally get the original version: an infra-red 1:1 muted movie of 20 hours featuring Batman with nipples.

18 minutes ago, TSMefford said:

/—-/ it just kind of became the marketing look for this version of the movie.

Seems like a crappy marketing decision.

A bit like opening a wine bar and then putting a lot of beer in your advertising.

Has nothing to do with Snyder though, unless he’s had direct influence on the official marketing. Which I wouldn’t be surprised if he had.

3 minutes ago, Raiders of the SoundtrArk said:

I'm sure you don't want that...

I'm guessing you're a glass is half empty kinda guy.

5 hours ago, rough cut said:

Seems like a crappy marketing decision.

A bit like opening a wine bar and then putting a lot of beer in your advertising.

Has nothing to do with Snyder though, unless he’s had direct influence on the official marketing. Which I wouldn’t be surprised if he had.

I feel like he definitely had something to do with it. All official HBO Trailers have been in color, for example, while a black and white version of one of the trailers was exclusive to his twitter.

Here's the thing. I don't like it, but it makes perfect sense. The main people they are hoping to appease with the marketing are the very people that funneled so much money into their own campaign to even make this happen and the same people that followed Snyder on Vero (or whatever it is) where he was sharing all these images from his cut in black & white. If that is all that the crowd, who shouted this from the rooftops into reality, have been familiar with, then it makes sense to try and use similar imagery to appeal to that crowd. This whole release is for them and for Snyder.

I will say though that I'm not sold that his rough cut he had was actually in black and white. Like...why would anyone have exported an entire rough cut in black and white. I don't see any real reason to this. Potentially to label it as a specific cut or to tie it directly to Snyder, but I feel like there's better ways of visually ID'ing versions of a cut in this day and age.

35 minutes ago, TSMefford said:

I will say though that I'm not sold that his rough cut he had was actually in black and white. Like...why would anyone have exported an entire rough cut in black and white. I don't see any real reason to this. Potentially to label it as a specific cut or to tie it directly to Snyder, but I feel like there's better ways of visually ID'ing versions of a cut in this day and age.

I'm not convinced that @rough cut is black and white either...I bet he's one of them here coloured folk