Justice League movie thread

Matt C

10 hours ago, TSMefford said:

All official HBO Trailers have been in color, for example, while a black and white version of one of the trailers was exclusive to his twitter.

This doesn’t contradict anything you have said, but here’s HBO Max’s official twitter with a promo image in b/w.

So there’s definitely a “mix” in how the movie is marketed - it’s not very congruent.

@DarthDementous I got it. 😉

3 hours ago, rough cut said:

This doesn’t contradict anything you have said, but here’s HBO Max’s official twitter with a promo image in b/w.

Oh yes of course. I haven't seen any official images in color from anyone really, but I guess my point was to show that the whole Black & White thing started with Snyder and I imagine the posters and promo images have followed suit.

Snyder, though, is committing 100% to the b&w stuff while HBO Max is putting trailer out in color, I assume, to avoid confusion (since the film will ultimately be in color)

4 hours ago, rough cut said:

I think it’s fun and interesting with marketing and branding.

Yeah same. This whole film release is interesting to me for almost every other reason that is not actually being excited for the film.

Let me get this straight.

Any one of those people could take on their enemies, and defeat them singlehandedly. If that's so, then why are there six of them?

I mean, Superman flew a nuclear rocket out into space, then saved California from an earthquake, then turned the fucking world back in time, so that none of that shit happened in the fucking first place, before capturing the bad guys, and taking them - personally - to prison! Why does he need five others?!

Because in the 1960s some editor saw that comics that team up two or more heroes had great sales, so they decided to put all the major DC heroes in one single powerful group. Then Marvel saw that the Justice League comics were selling very well and asked Stan Lee to create their own group of super-heroes.

2 minutes ago, Jay said:

It's a comic book picture, Richard.  You never read those when you were a kid?

I read The Beano. Dennis the menace, and Gnasher was my intellectual limit. As I grew older, I graduated to Viz. Brilliant.

I don’t like when a movie ”leaks” before it’s supposed to be out. I really feel it hurts how the movie is received.

Right now, I am weirdly enjoying the anticipation of the movie’s release.

1 hour ago, rough cut said:

I don’t like when a movie ”leaks” before it’s supposed to be out. I really feel it hurts how the movie is received.

Right now, I am weirdly enjoying the anticipation of the movie’s release.

I really am not sure how this happened. Some will say it’s a marketing stunt, but I highly doubt they would risk getting in trouble for that by playing an R-Rated movie in place of a kids film. 

Especially when it comes out next Friday, too. It’s unfortunate, I agree. Especially because, as far as I’ve heard, no one actually got to see it all the way through. I’ve heard it cut off at the 90 minute or so mark. There’s tons of clips and images floating around too. 

Oh well. I didn’t see it, but I will next Friday. Cant look away lol.

Unsurprisingly, there is a nice cross-section of Snyder goons and idiot conspiracy theorists.  Clearly this is a Warner Bros plot to...not get people to watch...the movie they spent many millions of dollars on and have been promoting constantly to support the new streaming service that their business model now depends on??

82AD94A6-80DF-4A50-A8F9-20FC9E6CA8A0.jpeg

46 minutes ago, mstrox said:

Unsurprisingly, there is a nice cross-section of Snyder goons and idiot conspiracy theorists.  Clearly this is a Warner Bros plot to...not get people to watch...the movie they spent many millions of dollars on and have been promoting constantly to support the new streaming service that their business model now depends on??

82AD94A6-80DF-4A50-A8F9-20FC9E6CA8A0.jpeg

More or less looks like the Star Wars threads here.

I've seen some nutjob on Twitter saying that he managed to watch the first hour of the movie and it was the best DC movie ever made. He was praising the movie, until I remembered that I don't take seriously opinions of people who think BvS is a great movie.

For what it’s worth, I hope it’s good, and that that it in turn will lead to more good movies.

I really liked the last slew of DC flicks (haven’t seen WW84 yet, but I’m counting WW (the first one), Aquaman, Shazam and the original (yeah, I said it!) Justice League.

Getting a Snyderversified movie at this point, when the DCEU is finally free of Snyder and his Snyderisms seems like a step backward.

But whatever. Here’s to hoping!

As a phenomenon - a petition-turned-reality, a rare see-what-could-have-been, an official-and-alternate-version of that thing we loved to hate - I think that the Snyder cut should have a pretty big pull in it’s target audience.

But if the movie, or part of it, leaked, and people think that WB did that intentionally... that’s the most stupid thing I’ve ever heard.

These fanboys are ridiculous and have shown from the beginning that they haven't a clue how filmmaking works. They insisted that there was a 100% completed Snyder Cut (there wasn't) and they insist that WB is hiding some big masterpiece. Now, they insist WB/HBO is purposely trying to kill it? Lol.

8 minutes ago, rough cut said:

Or, in some perverted way, that “leaking” the movie early is “marketing”.

LOL! 😂

That too. Lol. Again, they would not risk getting in trouble by airing an R-Rated movie in place of a kids film for "marketing". Someone somewhere just screwed up.

What a poorly paced scene. You're telling me Superman stays in his landing pose for a solid 20 seconds so we can have everyone react and prep? I know it's a dream, but still. 

I think Leto's Joker looks silly next to anyone, but I will admit that he looks better here than he did is Suicide Squad

To be clear. I don't want to hate this movie, but I did not like Man of Steel or Batman V Superman and it's quite difficult for me to think I might like this film after seeing those two. I'll have to do my best to try and watch it with an open mind, but just from an editing standpoint that scene doesn't paint the most optimistic picture. It could easily just be that moment out of 4 hours that is poorly paced though...who knows.

In the end, good for Snyder and good for his passionate fans, but I also know I probably won't like it. Plenty will though, so I'm happy for those that will enjoy it.

On 3/8/2021 at 4:56 AM, The Big Man said:

I don't disbelieve Snyder is an "artist" in the broadest definition.

I believe he prefers artiste'.

3 hours ago, rough cut said:

Excellent. I'll be buying that so I can do an in-depth comparison. I've already done up a couple of comparisons based on the trailers and a copy of Josstice League, but I'm curious to do something deeper to see what all Joss changed directly.

29 minutes ago, rough cut said:

Do you post anywhere?

Hmm? What, like blogs, videos, or anything? No. I try not to have much of any online presences outside of professional work. It'll mostly be to satisfy my own curiosity.

I could post some stuff here if anyone wants.

There she is!

On 3/10/2021 at 10:52 PM, bruce marshall said:

BvS is the best super hero film EVER

Come on, dude. You come to JWfan (JWfan!), and say things like that? You're gonna get shit thrown at you, from all sides.