Justice League movie thread

Matt C

20 minutes ago, bruce marshall said:

I posted it as a GOOFY response to Edmilson

I keep forgetting ; JWFANers are unable to process SARCASM.

This post has the same energy as that one fella who rambles about Disney Star Wars and capitalises EVERY second WORD for EMPHASIS

Just now, DarthDementous said:

This post has the same energy as that one fella who rambles about Disney Star Wars and capitalises EVERY second WORD for EMPHASIS

I write in a manner appropriate to the reading level of my audience.

In this case, third graders

1 hour ago, TSMefford said:

I could post some stuff here if anyone wants.

Well, don’t be shy about posting your thoughts, findings or stuff in general that you find interesting.

I feel like the same people who end up liking this, also liked The Ultimate Edition of Batman V Superman, which I found even worse than the theatrical cut, despite hearing that it greatly improves it. More does not automatically mean better.

Still looking forward to seeing it on Thursday, but it sounds like even people who liked it didn't think it needed to be 4 hours, which means this is gonna be a drag to get through... yaaaaay.

3 hours ago, Edmilson said:

Here's the millionth trailer with some cool new shots (and a Green Lantern reference :lovethis:)

That shot at 1:11 is looking REAL rough.

1 hour ago, AC1 said:

The only people who are going to watch this movie are TSMefford, Edmilson, Bilbo and rough cut.

Here maybe. There’s a ton of Snyder Super Fans that will watch as well.

7 hours ago, AC1 said:

The only people who are going to watch this movie are TSMefford, Edmilson, Bilbo and rough cut.

I will in my hole watch this shit. I wouldn’t watch 4 minutes of a Zack Snyder film in 2021 never mind a 4 hour piece of hot garbage. 

7 hours ago, AC1 said:

You won't? I thought you were the official Zack Snyder defender of the forum. 

44 minutes ago, Jay said:

What?

I guess this Irish-ism doesn’t translate. 

it just means that there isn’t a hop in hell of me watching Justice League. 

If an Irish person ever says to you “I will yeah” it means they’re not going to do the thing.

Considering just the Top Critics (which, of course, doesn't include these so-called "critics" from super-hero blogs), it's much more divided: 55% on RT, with 16 reviews Fresh and 13 Rotten.

Not bad considering MoS and BvS had way worse reviews. 

Honestly. I imagine it could have something to do with the fact that this is probably better than the Whedon version in a couple of aspects and it's getting elevated a bit for that. Plus, a lot of people want this film to succeed for Snyder, which is fair enough. He went through hell to get here and seems like a good dude so I wish him well on this. I just wish I liked more of his films. I don't honestly have many issues with his visual style, but the scripts bog these DC movies down a LOT. If I had to name the primary issues I have with the DC films, it's not the CGI, the Style, or the Direction: It's the Script and the Music for me. If Snyder were paired with far better screenwriters then I think he could produce far better films.

In the end though, for pre-release reviews that's about what I'd expect. The really passionate people will probably see this film first and I expect it to go down a bit as it's released. 

If many of the other positive reviews are like the one linked above, then I think it's being elevated a bit just due to the fandom and hype of the situation. When I eventually share my thoughts I am honestly going to try and look at this film as it's own thing and have that set of thoughts and then discuss and think about the comparison aspect separately. Just because it's better / different than the Whedon version does not necessarily mean it's good in my eyes, but the reviews do at least make it seem promising that it's different and better than the Frankenstein we got.

2 hours ago, Edmilson said:

This review is a bit spoiler-y, but super fun:

https://ew.com/movies/movie-reviews/zack-snyders-justice-league-review/

Sounds about right! Gosh I am struggling a LOT to keep an open mind about this

2 hours ago, Edmilson said:

This review is a bit spoiler-y, but super fun:

https://ew.com/movies/movie-reviews/zack-snyders-justice-league-review/

LOL, that was great, thanks for sharing 

I think most people are off the Malick train. I didn't see Hidden Life but To he Wonder, Song to Song, Knight of Cups and Voyage of Time were total WTFs! Literally wallpapers - just pretty images with pretentious voiceover that did not make an iota of sense or do any kind of storytelling. The reviews were bad too.

1 hour ago, TheUlyssesian said:

I didn't see Hidden Life but To he Wonder, Song to Song, Knight of Cups and Voyage of Time were total WTFs!

Me neither. I did watch the trailers and they all looked the same to me: Man/women relation filmed with hand-held camera.

VOYAGE OF TIME is an IMAX documentary, right?

Never released on DVD.

I've had HIDDEN LIFE for months and haven't watched it. I keep remembering the criticism " it's an hour too long". 😆

There is a hilarious review on IMDB by a viewer who leaped out of his seat and shouted " whopper" when TO THE WONDER ended

6 hours ago, bruce marshall said:

VOYAGE OF TIME is an IMAX documentary, right?

It is and I paid fucking 30 dollars to see it in NYC and it was 42 mins and a total waste of time.

It was basically just some extended scenes from Tree Of Life's creation sequence.

1 hour ago, TheUlyssesian said:

It is and I paid fucking 30 dollars to see it in NYC and it was 42 mins and a total waste of time.

It was basically just some extended scenes from Tree Of Life's creation sequence.

But ... that was the best thing about The Tree Of Life!!

11 hours ago, TheUlyssesian said:

I think most people are off the Malick train. I didn't see Hidden Life but To he Wonder, Song to Song, Knight of Cups and Voyage of Time were total WTFs! Literally wallpapers - just pretty images with pretentious voiceover that did not make an iota of sense or do any kind of storytelling. The reviews were bad too.

A Hidden Life is for the most part, a beautiful return to form for Malick. And most critics agree, but yes, those other three films were misfires. Malick still has fans though, and I am cautiously optimistic about his upcoming Christ film.

37 minutes ago, AC1 said:

But ... that was the best thing about The Tree Of Life!!

Visually, perhaps. But it's made transcendent by the family scenes, which is essentially the heart of the film.

19 minutes ago, KK said:

Visually, perhaps. But it's made transcendent by the family scenes, which is essentially the heart of the film.

To be honest, except for maybe some religious interpretation, I didn't really fathom the connection between the family scenes and the creation the universe. I mainly loved the latter on a audiovisual level and the way 'god' is presented to us (an interpretable god, that is). Okay, I admit, I also loved the dino scene.