Justice League movie thread

Matt C

2 hours ago, Edmilson said:

The Tree of Life is great, but it's highly experimental. Beautifully shot movie though.

Flawed but with some very good things.

The next three are basically travelogues.

Probably funded by COCs

2 hours ago, KK said:

A Hidden Life is for the most part, a beautiful return to form for Malick. And most critics agree, but yes, those other three films were misfires. Malick still has fans though, and I am cautiously optimistic about his upcoming Christ film.

Visually, perhaps. But it's made transcendent by the family scenes, which is essentially the heart of the film.

True.

But the Sean Penn scenes R awful

On 3/16/2021 at 5:31 PM, TheUlyssesian said:

The discussion has certainly reached a more elevated plane than might have been expected for a Zack Snyder film.

Agreed. Ten years ago, we'd be talking about Brett Rayner, in the same tones. Twenty-five years ago, it would be Jon Avnet.

On 3/15/2021 at 7:33 AM, AC1 said:

The only people who are going to watch this movie are TSMefford, Edmilson, Bilbo and rough cut.

And Drax. 

His review is not quite as sycophantic as one might expect for someone giving a glowing review, and that’s refreshing. But he lost all credibility when he said JXL’s score was not only brilliant but almost as good as BvS. Sorry pal, I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt, I really did.

11 minutes ago, mstrox said:

Is Spider-Man in this one or are they saving him for later?

I think they’re saving him and Green Lantern for the third one. 

24 minutes ago, mstrox said:

Is Spider-Man in this one or are they saving him for later?

He'll be in the next movie of the saga alongside Iron Man and Captain America: Avengers vs Justice League: Dawn of Fanboys.

On 3/15/2021 at 7:33 AM, AC1 said:

The only people who are going to watch this movie are TSMefford, Edmilson, Bilbo, rough cut and Drax. 

And me!

I have watched this review, and now I feel I have no choice, she sold it to me.

I’ll watch this tomorrow, Friday. I have a friend whose birthday is tomorrow and who wants to come over for dinner and drinks.

Sure” I said. “Just be prepared to watch this four hour reboot of a movie that you didn’t like in the first place, but it’ll be slightly different now - it’s still the same story, more or less, albeit longer, and it won’t have a proper ending and it’ll be framed like a rerun of The Cosby Show.”

Poor sod.

7 minutes ago, rough cut said:

I’ll watch this tomorrow, Friday. I have a friend whose birthday is tomorrow and who wants to come over for dinner and drinks.

Sure” I said. “Just be prepared to watch this four hour reboot of a movie you didn’t like in the first place, but it’ll be slightly different now - it’s still the same story, more or less, albeit longer, and it won’t have a proper ending and it will framed like a rerun of The Cosby Show.”

You awful friend :lol:

But my guess it's the only way to convince one to watch it (at least if you're not a Snyder's fan)

I just finished it and ZSJL is...

Spoiler

actually pretty decent. He really shows his pedigree as a filmographer. Especially the scene where Bruce impregnates Lois, I didn't know you could show the outline of someone's cock veins without showing the actual cock. I mean, such tasteful and artistic ways he employed to show the despicable and carnal things Bruce and Lois did to each other, its truly extraordinary.

But in all seriousness though, you can tell the difference in quality between both cuts. 

I'll decide to watch this based solely on Drax opinion. . . 😎

5 hours ago, Raiders of the SoundtrArk said:

Does the movie split well in two parts or not? Not sure I'll have the guts to watch it in one time.

I thought it was divided into forty minute " episodes"?

12 minutes ago, bruce marshall said:

I thought it was divided into forty minute " episodes"?

On 1/18/2021 at 10:29 AM, Jay said:

Here's when every chapter of the movie begins:

Part 1 - "Don't count on it, Batman" - 09 minutes 34 seconds
Part 2 - "The Age of Heroes" - 37 minutes 30 seconds
Part 3 - "Beloved Mother, Beloved Son" - 01h 09 minutes
Part 4 - "Change Machine" - 01h 52 minutes
Part 5 - "All The King's Horses" - 02h 22 minutes
Part 6 - "Something Darker" - 02h 53 minutes
Epilogue - "A Father Twice Over" - 03h 34 minutes

I just saw that the 4 h 30 movie is available in french on my Crave subscription.

Okay... maybe... But... eww.. how many movies I need to watch before this one?

2 minutes ago, Bespin said:

Okay... maybe... But... eww.. how many movies I need to watch before this one?

Just 2013's Man of Steel and 2016's Batman vs Superman. But if you don't want to sit through two 2h30 movies, you can just read their sinopses on Wikipedia, or watch some YouTube vídeos with recaps.