Justice League movie thread

Matt C

2 hours ago, mstrox said:

Four hours long and he still has deleted material he thinks is valuable to see?  Should stick it up the motherbox, Zack!

Josstice League was so bad, the screenwriter (who is also the same guy who wrote the worst Star Wars movie ever made) tried to get his name removed from the project.

https://www.indiewire.com/2021/04/justice-league-writer-lawyered-up-whedon-remove-credit-1234629059/

5 minutes ago, AC1 said:

I think every Snyder hater automatically prefers the Whedon version. Their hatred dictates it. 

I don't hate Snyder, just don't like his movies that I've watched.

Yoda Anger GIF - Yoda Anger Hate - Discover & Share GIFs

I only like the ones where he slavishly follows the graphic novels, as if they are storyboards for movies. I wish he would realize that this is his forte. I suspect there are many classic graphic novels waiting to be filmed.

11 minutes ago, AC1 said:

I only like the ones where he slavishly follows the graphic novels, as if they are storyboards for movies. I wish he would realize that this is his forte. I suspect there are many classic graphic novels waiting to be filmed.

Without liking them, I can recognize that Watchmen has some wonderful shot. The only thing I regrets with Snyder is that I find is direction less sensitive than other graphic novels adaptation such as Sin City which was I found much lighter and more fluid.

18 minutes ago, Raiders of the SoundtrArk said:

Without liking them, I can recognize that Watchmen has some wonderful shot. The only thing I regrets with Snyder is that I find is direction less sensitive than other graphic novels adaptation such as Sin City which was I found much lighter and more fluid.

I really like Sin City too, but no matter how well it's done, to me it doesn't have the same visual flair as the two Snyder ones. For the record, I thought the Sin City 2 was noticeably inferior and the 300 sequel was downright garbage.  So, yeah, just because they are graphic novels adaptations doesn't mean I consequently love it. It all depends on 'how' they are made and how good the source material is.

• 2 weeks later...

Snyder cut is like 10 times better than Josstice League. 

The events unfold slowly and the stakes just felt so much higher. 

6 hours ago, Edmilson said:

For anyone who have only seem the Snyder Cut and want to check how bad Whedon's cut was, just read this article:

JUSTICE LEAGUE: 10 Worst Scenes Joss Whedon Changed Or Added To The Film In 2017

This shows how much the studio panicked. What a hot mess that movie turned out to be. 

• 2 weeks later...

Wow. They care so little that they even screwed up the audio mix. Tons of phasing issues. Good grief.

Not surprising. They aren't even releasing the Snyder Cut on Blu-Ray in the US yet. Guess I'll have to import it. Lol.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, AC1 said:

Let's cancel Whedon! Burn your Firefly discs!

I mean, personally, I won't be going out of my way to watch anything new by him for sure, but I'm also not going to burn discs that I've already paid for nearly a decade ago. I think that's just silly.

Especially if the movie is good. Now the man might be a jerk but I won't change my affection for his Avengers (the only things I've seen from him) because of his bad behaviour.

I haven't burned my Tarantino collection after the Weinstein case no matter how much I hate the man.

4 hours ago, May the Force be with You said:

Especially if the movie is good. Now the man might be a jerk but I won't change my affection for his Avengers (the only things I've seen from him) because of his bad behaviour.

I haven't burned my Tarantino collection after the Weinstein case no matter how much I hate the man.

I actually am not a huge fan of his Avengers work after re-watching it recently. Age of Ultron especially I think is one of the worst MCU films. I do still like Firefly and Serenity. Idk if I could revisit Buffy after hearing some of the cast members went through hell from to make it.

5 hours ago, HunterTech said:

Turned? He's had this behavior since Buffy, as one actress stated that her character was harshly written out as a result of her getting pregnant and Joss getting pissy about it.

Yep. It appears he’s always been like this and it was just not talked about. 

1 hour ago, AC1 said:

Perhaps that was the real reason why Firefly ended so soon, the cast couldn't take the abuse anymore ... :(

Eh. I don't know. He may have been abusive to some of them, but there really hasn't been much commentary from them on his behavior. I know one of the Firefly writers had some stuff to say about him, but I think Alan Tudyk defended him? Or said he had no issues with him personally? Idk.

EDIT: Here's Alan Tudyk's response on twitter with tweets now deleted: https://theplaylist.net/justice-league-ray-fisher-joss-whedon-jon-berg-20200702/#:~:text=News-,'Justice League' Producer Says Accusations Against,Joss Whedon Are “Categorically Untrue”&text=Tudyk tweeted a response to,have a pretty good imagination.”

And the Firefly writers comments: https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2563832/firefly-writer-also-commented-on-joss-whedons-alleged-behavior-on-set?utm_source=link_share

• 1 month later...
On 4/21/2021 at 1:39 PM, Edmilson said:

For anyone who have only seem the Snyder Cut and want to check how bad Whedon's cut was, just read this article:

JUSTICE LEAGUE: 10 Worst Scenes Joss Whedon Changed Or Added To The Film In 2017

I haven't seen that but I just watched ZSJL.

I couldn't get over how much this seemed like a story arc from BUFFY complete with demons from the underworld trying to escape and return to destroy and/or rule Earth.. BUFFY also had a story arc where she was resurrected and was disoriented and angry!😗

AC said

"Very easy to understand..."

I bow to you, Alex.. ;) I AM YOUR SERVANT!