What John Williams tune do you whistle daily?

welshslider

As for showers... one of the tunes I sing is actually kind of an elephant in the room. Upon further examination (in the context of this thread), I just realized that it is completely inappropriate.... Funny how a thread like this one made me think about it... I don't think I could bring myself to whistle it in the shower anymore now...

I have been whistling The American Process theme from Lincoln a lot lately. The themes in that score are damn hummable.

Leave it to my shadow to lower the tone with his depraved ellipsis. The tripod was till that point suggested for purely scientific purposes.

Your shadow has a thing for "scientific" purposes.

You flatter yourself, Lee.

Since no one else does, i guess you have little choice.

You are my shadow, my eager and playful little puppy that goes in whatever direction i send it. Often without realising it.

You even copied the whole shadow concept from me....

Oh boy, there's some belligerent sexual tension between these two...

Thankfully Alice is far to smart for such a thing.

There's actually a cue from The Phantom Menace that for some reason replays in my head a couple of times a week. It's when we see Coruscant for the first time. Starting with the shot of the planet to the camera panning across the city towards Palpatines balcony. It's a rather dramatic cue but it plays more often in my head than any other John Williams piece. Though the Jurassic Park main theme is probably a close second.

Don't laugh (OK, you can laugh), but for the last couple of weeks, I've had Williams' theme for the unaired 1965 pilot WHO GOES THERE? running through my head. I haven't been whistling it daily, but it keeps popping up in my mind, for some reason.

Catchy is it? Linky available?

I don't know about 'catchy'. It's a bit all over the place, but the main part of theme certainly is. Check out:

And go to 35:20. Please disregard the silly goofball that opens and ends the video.

I can't whistle either.

You know how to whistle, don't ya? You just put yer lips together...and blow.

I have whistled Slalom on Mount Humol before.

Impressive, most impressive, but can you whistle the woodwind section in "The Mine Car Chase"?

Catchy is it? Linky available?

I don't know about 'catchy'. It's a bit all over the place, but the main part of theme certainly is. Check out:

And go to 35:20. Please disregard the silly goofball that opens and ends the video.

Ba ba ba ba baaaa...

Damn you Thor! That IS catchy! And now it's stuck in my head ;)

Sorry, Lee!

Another obscure Williams theme that I struggled with for a long time (and that still pops up now and then) is the one he wrote for the shortlived TV show THE TAMMY GRIMES SHOW:

The most perplexingly stubborn tune stuck in my head just below consciousness level is the Midway march. Virtually every time I'm walking somewhere with a steady determined step for a significant length of time, I start whistling it and can't get it out again.

Oddly enough I find myself humming Goldsmith more of lately, these days it is Main Title from The Ghost and the Darkness.

I never whistle. I hum stuff from all composers I've heard music of, but mainly Williams.

Sorry, Lee!

Another obscure Williams theme that I struggled with for a long time (and that still pops up now and then) is the one he wrote for the shortlived TV show THE TAMMY GRIMES SHOW:

Ah yes, very catchy! I remember you made a thread about that one a while ago.

• 3 weeks later...