X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014 film directed by Bryan Singer)

Matt C

This movie doesn't have its own thread, but Fox has set the original X-Men director Bryan Singer to direct after X-Men: First Class director Matthew Vaughn bailed... again. The film will come out July 2014.

First Class cast members James McAvoy (Xavier), Michael Fassbender (Magneto), Jennifer Lawrence (Mystique), and Nicholas Hoult (Beast) are reprising their roles in the sequel.

Returning in supporting roles from the original X-Men trilogy are Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellan. Hugh Jackman will also be involved, as are Anna Paquin, Shawn Ashmore, and Ellen Page. No word yet on whether Halle Berry, James Marsden, or Famke Jansson will return.

John Ottman hasn't been officially confirmed to compose, but since he and Singer have a working editorial and composing relationship... it's only a matter of time before he comes on.

Interesting that some of the old cast are coming back for this movie. I wouldn't be surprised if Ottman is chosen as the composer since like you said 99% of the time he's Singer's composer.

Obviously this will be a time travel related movie, hopefully it will be a good one. I actually enjoyed the episodes of X-Men cartoon series that involved time travel. So anything can go with time travel related stories for X-Men.

Ian McKellan

Dear lord, how many times have I read that typo? Poor man. He should really consider changing his name to "McKellan". That would save him some trouble.

Of course, if he did that, the risk would be that people would start writing it "McKellen".

That's the high price of fame I'm afraid. With great celebrities comes great name butchering.

Ah ok.

I know most here don't like that film but I for one do.

I'm not sure what all movies Singer has directed but for what I have seen he hasn't let me down yet, especially when it comes to the X-Men films. I seriously wish he had been back for X-Men The Last Stand. It probably wouldn't have been so bad if he had been back for it.

This movie doesn't have its own thread, but Fox has set the original X-Men director Bryan Singer to direct after X-Men: First Class director Matthew Vaughn bailed... again. The film will come out July 2014.

First Class cast members James McAvoy (Xavier), Michael Fassbender (Magneto), Jennifer Lawrence (Mystique), and Nicholas Hoult (Beast) are reprising their roles in the sequel.

Returning in supporting roles from the original X-Men trilogy are Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellan. Hugh Jackman will also be involved, as are Anna Paquin, Shawn Ashmore, and Ellen Page. No word yet on whether Halle Berry, James Marsden, or Famke Jansson will return.

John Ottman hasn't been officially confirmed to compose, but since he and Singer have a working editorial and composing relationship... it's only a matter of time before he comes on.

in singers tweet he did thank Brett for not killing Anna and shawn.

he did kill Marsden and Jansson, well the studio killed Marsdon, Wolverine killed Jansson.

The phrase was originally "I have faith in Singer"

And said several times on the MB by Neil S. Bulk, before the release of Superman Returns, a film which he later hated.

That's a bad omen for Man Of Steel. And all this time I thought you truly had faith in Snyder.

Alex

Jansen, Famke Jansen!

Get your Dutch names straight, Allen!

He probably does it on purpose. :P lol

I just copied Matt's spelling. I have no ideal how to spell her name otherwise. but even you spell it wrong Stefan, it's Janssen

I had to look it up on imdb, but instead I called her. She's one of my hags.

The phrase was originally "I have faith in Singer"

And said several times on the MB by Neil S. Bulk, before the release of Superman Returns, a film which he later hated.

wrongdd.jpg

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4928#entry107572

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5964&st=40#entry140718

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6789#entry166505

Anyway.

The film looks interesting. But in X-Men: First Class, Fassbender and MacAvoy played their characters distinctly different then McKellen and Stewart did. In that film it wasn't much of an issue. But if they are all gonna be in this new film together.

Yea it doesn't make much sense. First Class was more of a reboot/ new story than a prequel. The characters wouldn't even be the ages shown in the 2000s in the original movies if they were the age they are shown in First Class would they be?

This film can go either way with it being a time travel movie. Either way I'm cautiously optimistic but Singer probably won't let us down regarding X-Men movies.

All though X-Men Origins: Wolverine does have its flaws, I think it would have been A LOT better had Singer directed it. Over all I did enjoy it.

Is this code?

All though X-Men Origins: Wolverine does have its flaws, I think it would have been A LOT better had Singer directed it. Over all I did enjoy it.

It's simply not a good film. Just slightly worse then X-Men 3 even.

But then again I would be just as happy if Bishop made an appearance in the film. He made some appearances in a "Days of Future Past" storyline in that 90's X-Men animated series.

It's simply not a good film. Just slightly worse then X-Men 3 even.

Well you got to admit they chose a better person to play Victor Creed (aka Sabertooth) than to who was picked in the first X-Men film.

Well, Magneto's age is fixed in both films because of the Holocaust flashback. (they even use the same footage)

They actually reshot it with new actors. IMO Vaughn did an excellent good recreating the original scene.