X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014 film directed by Bryan Singer)

Matt C

Willow?

I would have said Charmed, but apparently he's the only dwarf actor that was never cast on that show.

This film is getting more interesting as it develops. I have faith in Singer that he is making a good film.

If he's proven anything, it would that he can make a decent X-Men film (the two he directed and the last one he produced). That is something that sits well with his sensibilities. As soon as he decides to tackle something lighter, things go bad.

Karol - who's contemplating seeing The Wolverine tonight

Wow! They are not doing it CGI???

of course they are, but using the Steven Spielberg rule, always have the real thing too.

• 2 months later...

They needed some of that Journey to the Line EPICness. What is Tyrion Lannister doing in this movie?

The Thine Red Line for an X-Men trailer, really?

Well, it's been used for pretty much everything else really, so why not?

Though it did pop up in a really jarring way.

It looks good. Interesting how the Comic Con teaser used Zimmer's "Time" and now the teaser uses "Journey to the Line" instead.

And Newton Thomas Sigel's work is stunning. Nicely balances Singer's previous aesthetic with Vaughn's period approach.

They needed some of that Journey to the Line EPICness. What is Tyrion Lannister doing in this movie?

Building Sentinels, killing mutants. Promoting humanity.

Good for him! Go Imp!

Building Sentinels, killing mutants. Promoting humanity,

...wondering if he's finally impressed his father, Tywin Lannister, yet!

Building Sentinels, killing mutants. Promoting humanity,

...wondering if he's finally impressed his father, Tywin Lannister, yet!

I doubt it. Does he look impressed?:

tywin-lannister-0__400x225.jpg

By going back to the time of the First Class cast, whatever event that they have to go back in time to prevent would have already happened before the first X-Men movie, putting the original trilogy well on the path to destruction. Or else we are supposed to see those films as having been fixed by this incursion. Time travel is so confusing.

I highly doubt the focus of the film could be Senator Kelly as shown in the comics without this film simply undoing the plot of the first film, which is too narrow minded for this saga. I wonder what else is up their sleeve.

By going back to the time of the First Class cast, whatever event that they have to go back in time to prevent would have already happened before the first X-Men movie, putting the original trilogy well on the path to destruction. Or else we are supposed to see those films as having been fixed by this incursion. Time travel is so confusing.

I highly doubt the focus of the film could be Senator Kelly as shown in the comics without this film simply undoing the plot of the first film, which is too narrow minded for this saga. I wonder what else is up their sleeve.

Any feeling of continuity was ruined for this particular franchise after the third one. X-Men Origins, X-Men Firts Class and The Wolverine are full of contradictions to the first 3 films and each other....

The first film was very fine, and X2 is definitely one of the best superhero films out there. Singer has this in the bag, I suspect. I'm very optimistic - plus, John Ottman.

The first film was very fine... Singer has this in the bag, I suspect. I'm very optimistic - plus, John Ottman.

I thought you were talking about Superman Returns for a moment there.

The first film was very fine... Singer has this in the bag, I suspect. I'm very optimistic - plus, John Ottman.

I thought you were talking about Superman Returns for a moment there.

What is this Superman Returns you speak of?