3 truths about John Williams not covered in the media

Augie

I give you three truths about John Williams.

First truth: John Williams was basically an 80's composer. Just like Andrew Lloyd Webber, he should have stopped working in 1986, when there was still time to quit.

Second truth: Many people in the industry agree that he writes too many notes.

Third truth: The average music listeners agree that John Williams is fat and his music is too loud.

Get over it!

Wrong forum doofus! Go to the John Williams section to spread these "truths"!

Then we can meditate on these higher revelations.

First truth: John Williams was basically an 80's composer. Just like Andrew Lloyd Webber, he should have stopped working in 1986, when there was still time to quit.

Second truth: Many people in the industry agree that he he writes too many notes.

Third truth: The average music listeners agree that John Williams is fat and his music is too loud.

Get over it!

u-phukin-suk__171.gif

Truth 4: He hasn't delivered one awe-inspiring movie score since E.T. Nevertheless, he has continued doing his little shtick for 30 years. John Williams is a one trick pony.

I give you two truths about Augie:

First truth: he is a dumbass.

Second truth: before you consider anything he says, consult the first truth.

How can I be a dumbass whereas you have only 99 posts? Mind your language, son.

So, how do I know all these truths?

Because I have listened to his mind-numbing, one-note, busy noise for 40 years until, just recently, I noticed that John Williams is a mook.

Second truth: Many people in the industry agree that he he writes too many notes.

Get over it!

u-phukin-suk__171.gif

What's all that fucking-sucking-business about? Tell me, youngster.

So, lately I totally changed my mind about Williams and his film music. It's the cheap-thrill, superficial shtick of a miserable mook who found a way to rip off listeners and movie audiences alike. I discourage you to listen to this music. It's neither classical nor modern, while it pretends to be very important!

5th truth.

The most important one.

Stop loving John Williams and his film music. It won't hurt you. It will make you free!

He is still in the wrong part of town with this thread! It has JW in its title so to the JW section it should go! Moderator!

I have been an addict for such a long time that I thought I totally needed his music. It's a one-way road. Now, I see clear. I can see the sky and the reality around me. I couldn't see the sky and reality when I was listening to the terminal, or the imperial march. And my life changed for the better.

Now, you may think I'm just a fool who has lost his way. While the truth is that I've reached a superior stage. I can actually look down on you. I can see your mistakes, your cursing, all the bad mood, some serious depression. Just like a smoker who quit the habit, watching the smokers around him. And my major goal is to be patient and show some magnanimity towards you.

I have been an addict for such a long time that I thought I totally needed his music. It's a one-way road. Now, I see clear. I can see the sky and the reality around me. I couldn't see the sky and reality when I was listening to the terminal, or the imperial march. And my life changed for the better.

Now, you may think I'm just a fool who has lost his way. While the truth is that I've reached a superior stage. I can actually look down on you. I can see your mistakes, your cursing, all the bad mood, some serious depression. Just like a smoker who quit the habit, watching the smokers around him. And my major goal is to be patient and show some magnanimity towards you.

Does the restraining order just prevent you from coming near Williams, or do you actually have to avoid seeing films scored by him as well?

And do you listen to JW before or after you're given your medication?

Does the restraining order just prevent you from coming near Williams, or do you actually have to avoid seeing films scored by him as well?

No, I am allowed to see everything I want. Actually, I am a doctor.

But do you still want the Lincoln Oscar promo so much that your daily life sucks from not having it in your collection yet? That's a signal, my friend, of serious addiction.

No, I am allowed to see everything I want. Actually, I am a doctor.

But do you still want the Lincoln Oscar promo so much that your daily life sucks from not having it in your collection yet? That's a signal, my friend, of serious addiction.

We understand this is a cry for help, it's just that no one really cares enough to help you.

In the future, I'd advise simply going to your local mall wearing a t-shirt that says "Look at me". If not, playing in traffic always works.

While you and me are talking about John Williams, does he talk about you or me? No. I tell you what he really does: He's golfing.

Truth 6:

John Williams doesn't give a shit about what you think about his music. He couldn't care less.

While you and me are talking about John Williams, does he talk about you or me? No. I tell you what he really does: He's golfing.

Truth 6:

John Williams doesn't give a shit about what you think about his music. He couldn't care less.

Truth 7: No one here cares about what you think of JW's music. And no one really cares about you. :)

Which, I'm guessing, is probably a pretty familiar feeling for you!

Now, if you don't mind, I think you've been fed quite enough today. Back under your bridge with you.

Ok Augie, i seriously think now that someone hacked your account and it's not you speaking!

I remember some conversations some time ago, and you appreciated Williams.

I'm not saying that everything Williams writes is the masterpiece of masterpieces, but the way you've expressed your views from your first post and on... i don't know.. it seems like another person..

(and i have some experience in these things. meaning i have coped sometimes with persons that they pretended to be someone else on the internet)

Final piece of advice:

Life's too short, so throw out all of his LPs and CDs. Or take them and melt them in a pot, like I did.

644689111_3d5b7f7d69.jpg?v=0

melted-record-boil.jpg

melted-record-steam.jpg

IMG_1085.JPG

644691063_995935c97d.jpg?v=0

Normally I don't feed trolls, but this one is so utterly stupid, it's hard to skip the low hanging fruit. Good trolling is an art form, and this one is finger painting.

And I almost really hope it's a troll rather than a regular user attempting "satire" (which is probably what's going on). Good satire is hard to come by, harder to write, and almost always fails when attempted by any but the most skilled, which this genius clearly is not. At a minimum, satire should be funny. Not looking like a bored person craving attention.

Have you guys ever had any really good, legendary trolls around here?

Ok Augie, i seriously think now that someone hacked your account and it's not you speaking!

I remember some conversations some time ago, and you appreciated Williams.

I'm not saying that everything Williams writes is the masterpiece of masterpieces, but the way you've expressed your views from your first post and on... i don't know.. it seems like another person..

(and i have some experience in these things. meaning i have coped sometimes with persons that they pretended to be someone else on the internet)

Not anymore. And if you are smart, stop caring for John Williams, too. It will make you free.

fruit-bowl-from-a-melted-vinyl-record-21

Truth 6:

Truth 7: No one here cares about what you think of JW's music. And no one really cares about you. :)

Which, I'm guessing, is probably a pretty familiar feeling for you!

Now, if you don't mind, I think you've been fed quite enough today. Back under your bridge with you.

Stop hating.

The mere absence of any passionate attempts from your side to postulate arguments against the 7 truths means that I must be doing something right!

How can i be sure that I'm not talking to a bot?

We have been disappointed by the whole film music field again and again. Disappointed, disappointed, disappointed.

So I decided to take the matter in my own hands and destroyed all the film music in my house. I deleted what I had on my storage and what was left on memory sticks. Out went the compact discs and I melted all the LPs to turn them into something useful. It didn't take me longer than a few hours.

Haven't read it, is the thread still satire or has it devolved unto pointless farce yet? Which is what normally happens.

Lee D, we are not discussing John Williams here, nor is is it about farce. I have recently experienced a change of paradigm. And you should know about it, and that it is possible to change, as a person.

And what was that score's title, brother, after which you've lost faith?

Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone.

I thought JW had found it again with that one.

I thought that, too, for a little while, until I came to the realization that he must have done even that just for the money. He lost his sound long time ago. I was just hoping, again and again, that it would return, ultimately, some day. And around Christmas Eve I realized I had deceived myself for all those years. I acknowledged to myself that the real John Williams was gone. Dead, just like Star Wars.