Star Wars stand-alone films confirmed

Once

Just think of all the great lines Yoda could say

From Her get away you bitch

Back I'll be mmmmm yessss

Baby Asta la vista

Son of a bitch Smile

Mother f***er yippe ky ay

I don't think Yoda works as a standalone movie. I don't need to see his younger, more rambunctious days. He works as the wise old sage archetype.

Han Solo and Boba Fett have potential, however. Although with Solo there is the danger of going into story constructs that we already know about, which was one of the pitfalls of the prequels.

@ Red Rabbit

Dude you're avatar reminded me of when I watched part 2 of The Dark Knight Returns. Holy fucking hell, the grisly scenes are really brutal, visceral & disturbing. This animated movie is really not for the kids, nor for the faint of heart.

How about a young Leia film as she crusades against the Imperial Senate in more revealing attire than in Star Wars.

Hubba hubba hubba,

oh wait I'm gay, nevermind.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

:thumbup:

Lucas had planned for a young Solo to be in ROTS, on the Wookie planet with Yoda and Chewie. Given all the other ridiculous things he did I don't know why he dropped it.

Someone probably had the balls to tell him it was a stupid idea and only more fan service that didn't add anything to the movie.

• 5 months later...

Boba Fett Begins

This was taken away by the second prequel, which turned all the marvelous EU Boba Fett origin stories into mere urban legends for Star Wars denizens who didn't know the "truth."

• 3 months later...

'Star Wars': Now the Spinoffs Will Matter (Some of Them, Anyway)

The "Star Wars" canon is going to be expanded in the future -- by allowing more than just the movies to count.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-spinoffs-will-matter-668958

So it will mean they will start the EU from stratch, that is, based on the new episodes. From then on all EU will be one cohesive thing.

I dont think it means they are going to take into consideration the old EU for the new movies... ;)

:(

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I thought he was fine in the prequels, actually quite good in Revenge of the Sith. He's a great actor, if they can get an interesting writer and director, I'd like to see him return. Nobody springs to mind that I'd rather see in the role.

He's already said he'd be up for going back so if Lucasfilm actually want to do this it could happen! I'd much rather an Obi-Wan film than a Han or Boba standalone.

There was a great book released last year called Kenobi it's set just after Obi-Wan hands Luke over to the Lars. The book is about his struggle to leave behind the life of Obi-Wan and become Ben. It was a really great story and something along those lines would make a great standalone film.

Never liked Ewan as Obi. He was too wooden, but maybe a better script and direction would help him be more convincing.

I think so. Ewan is normally quite an animated presence on screen. I think, like so many, the blandness of the prequels just enveloped him. Even Liam Neeson struggled.

A decent script with a decent director should already yield better results.