John Williams talks LINCOLN on Classical KUSC Radio

TownerFan

Yesterday, John Williams was guest on Classical KUSC Radio's The Evening Program as part of a series dedicated to this year's Academy Award nominated film scores. He talked about Lincoln with host Jim Svejda.

The program is not available online, but the interview will be available as online streaming in the next few days. Here you can listen the previous programs with Thomas Newman and Mychael Danna:

http://www.kusc.org/Episodes.aspx?PID=2141

Thank you for the heads up Maurizio! I can't wait to hear this one. And indeed let's hope that he will comment this score in-depth. I am really interested to hear more on this collaboration, which seems somewhat unique in its tone and style for Spielberg and Williams. :)

For those who complain that Williams's interviews are always the reiteration of the same talking points, you should listen to this interview. Williams gives excellent insights into his approach to composing for Lincoln, particularly in terms of early American music that is just wonderful. And, damn, he literally sounds like hw is a vibrant 60 year old.

• 8 years later...

I've been enjoying listening to Lincoln recently, Wiilliams Americana scores are all really great. I'd love to get access to this interview to listen to JW discussing the score, but the link seems to be broken. I don't suppose anybody has saved it anywhere, or knows of another place I can access it? 

2 minutes ago, ConorPower said:

I've been enjoying listening to Lincoln recently, Wiilliams Americana scores are all really great. I'd love to get access to this interview to listen to JW discussing the score, but the link seems to be broken. I don't suppose anybody has saved it anywhere, or knows of another place I can access it? 

And make sure to vote here ;)