John Williams scoring all three new Star Wars films!!

karelm

I had wheaties as a kid but didn't like them that much and haven't had them since

Nowadays the only cereal I tend to eat is Special K, Honey Bunches of Oats, Honey Nut Cheerios, Frosted Flakes, or something from Trader Joe's

• 5 weeks later...

Nothing new in that interview though. We know he doesnt like to read scripts!

The rest is mainly arse kissing for J.J. and K.K.

Yes I was surprised that Williams didn't thrash both Abrams and Kennedy, spit of Spielberg and trample on Lucas' reputation in this interview. Why has he become so respectable all of a sudden? Usually he has given everybody hell and told dirty secrets about his colleagues and odd anecdotes about his back problems and partying with the BSO. Where's that fire Johnny?

Nothing new in that interview though. We know he doesnt like to read scripts!

The rest is mainly arse kissing for J.J. and K.K.

Stefan speaks the truth.

It is nice to have it 100% officially confirmed though, after all the Potter PR rubbish.

Apparently Kathleen Kennedy, president of Lucasfilm, announced today at the Star Wars convention in Germany that John Williams had been formally asked to write the music for the three new Star Wars films.

Apparently Kathleen Kennedy, president of Lucasfilm, announced today at the Star Wars convention in Germany that John Williams had been formerly asked to write the music for the three new Star Wars films.

So whom have they since asked?

Apparently Kathleen Kennedy, president of Lucasfilm, announced today at the Star Wars convention in Germany that John Williams had been formerly asked to write the music for the three new Star Wars films.

So whom have they since asked?

Lol. I think he meant 'formally'.

Good news. I'm not exactly ecstatic about the new films, they'd have to be something special, but I still look forward to a new John Williams score. I hope at least they'll consider releasing complete of those, if they don't want Prequels.

Speaking of which, somebody at Celebration should have asked if there was a chance of complete scores.

Speaking of which, somebody at Celebration should have asked if there was a chance of complete scores.

John Williams doesnt release complete scores on his own. Unless the score is very short.

He may not, but he's not the only one at Celebration.

I don't think you get my point.

Considering the score hasnt even been written yet, considering no footage of this film has even been shot, I doubt anyone has even thought about the score release.

Experience tells me that JW will cut his 70+ minute album as usual, and that while we may see expanded/complete editions down the line, it won't be anytime soom.

I hope to be wrong though.

I don't think you get my point.

Considering the score hasnt even been written yet, considering no footage of this film has even been shot, I doubt anyone has even thought about the score release.

Experience tells me that JW will cut his 70+ minute album as usual, and that while we may see expanded/complete editions down the line, it won't be anytime soom.

I hope to be wrong though.

I don't think you got mine: I was referring to the previous Star Wars scores.

I should imagine it's like the films themselves. I shouldn't see why Fox would obstruct a complete score release though.

Also, it assumes that Williams himself isn't the one who isn't keen on expanding them.

Well, yeah, he hasn't exactly stood in the way of the expanded editions that have been officially released, like Hook, or Home Alone. I think up to this point it was more or less LucasFilm preventing expanded releases. I hope Disney might be a bit more positive with regards to this.

Well, there's this, which confirms he'll at least be back for Episode VII.

This episode will be the opportunity for me to write the very first love theme of the saga.

What the fuck, man?

Maybe he feels Across The Stars was too tragedy-tinged to be a 'pure' love theme.