Pino Donaggio's Passion (2013 film - OST on Quartet Records)

Jay

Quartet Records proudly presents the worldwide edition of the long-awaited new collaboration between Brian De Palma and Pino Donaggio.

passion1_1_1.jpg

"Passion" is the much-anticipated new collaboration between the modern master of suspense Brian De Palma and the wonderful composer Pino Donaggio, twenty years after their last film together.

Their first collaboration was the horror classic "Carrie" (1976). De Palma had intended for Bernard Herrmann to score the film, but the composer’s untimely death forced the director to look for a replacement. He found a perfect alter-ego in Donaggio, a Venetian composer whose film score debut—the haunting music for Nicholas Roeg’s thriller "Don't Look Now"—had been a great success.

De Palma and Donaggio continued to work together on a number of film noirs, which in addition to being initially successful have gone on to become cult classics of American cinema from the late ’70s and early ’80s: "Blow Up", "Dressed to Kill" and "Body Double". The failure of the thriller "Raising Cain", in the early ’90s, ended one of the more celebrated collaborations of modern cinema ... until now!

De Palma’s new thriller, "Passion", stars Rachel McAdams and Noomi Rapace. Donaggio's score is suggestive, romantic, stylish and elegant. It is a great pleasure to hear again the unmistakable sweet sound of death, courtesy of Donaggio and De Palma.

Donaggio’s score is performed by the Czech National Symphony Orchestra under the baton of Natale Massara.

"Passion" will be released in France on February 13, and Quartet Records is very proud to present this worldwide release—available with two different covers. French cover will be available on digipak. International cover will be available on standart jewel box package.

The album is now available for pre-order, we expect to ship the last week of February.

For more info and listen audio samples, please visit www.quartetrecords.com

passion2_1_1.jpg

http://www.quartetrecords.com/passion-2.html

http://www.moviemusic.com/soundtrack/M08761/passion/

http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm/ID/23977/

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's so clearly Donaggio at work. I'm thinking I must have this, it has moments that sound like Dressed to Kill, a moment or two of Carrie, Body Double, and Tourist Trap. All fine scores by P.D.

So the poster cover is ONLY available on a digipak, and ONLY available in France? And the strangling cover is ONLY available in jewel cases, and ONLY available outside of France?

That's a shame because I much prefer standard jewel cases over digipaks, and I much prefer my cover saying Music Composed By instead of Musique Composee Par, yet I also prefer the poster cover over the strangling cover. Bah. Why couldn't the jewel case version include both covers on each side of the booklet?

So the poster cover is ONLY available on a digipak, and ONLY available in France? And the strangling cover is ONLY available in jewel cases, and ONLY available outside of France?

Yup.

I think I'm buying this.

Karol

I really don't care what packaging I get. Once I record it I put it in a drawer likely not to be seen for years.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I commented on it... somewhere. Some bits sound like classic 70s/80s De Palma/Donaggio, others have a more modern vibe. I don't yet see how it all goes together, but the classic stuff makes me excited for the movie (even more than the simple fact that there's a new De Palma movie).

I know, I can't wait for the movie!

It's odd how early the soundtrack came out to when the film is coming out...