Does John Williams have a star on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame..?

Sandor

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_stars_on_the_Hollywood_Walk_of_Fame#W

no he doesn't, but the nomination process and a fee ($30000.00) must be collected for it to happen.

I looked all over the walk of fame when I was there some months ago, and really disappointed that there was none for Williams....especially since there were stars for far "lesser" stars and film music personalities. I mean, seriously....Ernest Gold, but not John Williams?

Was Hans Zimmer there? Couldn't find him either.

well, according to Sandor (look at his first post), he recently got one..

It's what I read.

Didn't we discuss this a while ago?

Yes, yes indeed. Some guy posted a thread, asking us to give some money in order to buy Williams a star. It was quite hilarious: http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=21343

He was one of my favorite trolls ever.

Just read the thread for the first time... Ouch...

Didn't we discuss this a while ago?

Yes, yes indeed. Some guy posted a thread, asking us to give some money in order to buy Williams a star. It was quite hilarious: http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=21343

He was one of my favorite trolls ever.

Everyone seems to have a different definition of that word.

I guess he could only take so much mockery...

The poor lad's efforts were genuine, even if misguided.

Why misguided..? The guy seemed to have a pretty good and noble plan..?

He didn't really get a warm welcome here to be honest. He quickly got accused of asking members for money, even in this thread. However; he never did such a thing.

Then people started to take the moral highground with him, which can be quite annoying.

It is easy and convenient to call this guy a troll and all, but I'm convinced he just wanted to get JW a star in Hollywood...

I don't think he was a troll but genuinely interested in getting JW a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

Zimmer got his a couple years ago.

That thread was hilarious. I didn't think he was a troll, just stupid in thinking a slab of concrete that'll get gum spat on was important and worth doing something about.

You think THAT'S stupid..? I think it's stupid when people kick another person in the face for no reason. I think it's stupid when people bully another solely to compensate for their own unhappiness.

This "troll" explained pretty well why he felt it was important and his reasoning was far from stupid. It was stupid of members here to accuse him of asking money from others members. He never did, but somehow that falsehood has preserved, judging from this thread a year later. Now that's really stupid.

By "misguided", I really meant that he didn't take the smartest approach to his campaign.

But how he was treated was embarrassing. He honestly wanted to do something about getting Williams' star, and he somehow became a "troll".

John has the credentials to back up any claims that he deserves a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame but John may not care and that's important too.

The altosax bum never posted in any other thread or made any other meaningful contribution other than to ask for money from us plebeians so that some wealthy and successful artist could be given something for free that he hadn't gotten around to or cared about buying for himself. That strikes a nerve.

The altosax bum never posted in any other thread or made any other meaningful contribution other than to ask for money from us plebeians so that some wealthy and successful artist could be given something for free that he hadn't gotten around to or cared about buying for himself. That strikes a nerve.

He never asked any member for money... Sigh... No wonder he didn't stick around...

John has the credentials to back up any claims that he deserves a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame but John may not care and that's important too.

I agree.

That thread was hilarious. I didn't think he was a troll, just stupid in thinking a slab of concrete that'll get gum spat on was important and worth doing something about.

You think THAT'S stupid..? I think it's stupid when people kick another person in the face for no reason. I think it's stupid when people bully another solely to compensate for their own unhappiness.

This "troll" explained pretty well why he felt it was important and his reasoning was far from stupid. It was stupid of members here to accuse him of asking money from others members. He never did, but somehow that falsehood has preserved, judging from this thread a year later. Now that's really stupid.

I never called him a troll nor did I ever say he asked members for money, though Wojo does bring up a point about that which didn't cross my mind.

I wasn't bullying anyone, I was voicing my opinion on the matter. His reasoning was so we could one day go there and revel in that dirty old star's beauty. How many of us would end up doing that, and for more than 10 seconds as a quick gimmick photo op?

I never called him a troll nor did I ever say he asked members for money, though Wojo does bring up a point about that which didn't cross my mind.

I wasn't bullying anyone, I was voicing my opinion on the matter. His reasoning was so we could one day go there and revel in that dirty old star's beauty. How many of us would end up doing that, and for more than 10 seconds as a quick gimmick photo op?

Fair enough. ;)