La La Land re-releases THE FURY!

Oskar

I still get a good chuckle out of ROTJ on the Star Wars: Ultimate Digital Collection. Star Wars and Empire were sure an improvement over their previous CD releases, but ROTJ is basically the same. I actually think it's slightly inferior to the original CD.

As for The Fury, the perfect OST presentation already sounds fine on the original Varese CD. It sounds brighter and louder on the Deluxe Edition, but still good. There's no reason for me to buy yet another copy. I mean, I enjoy the score, but I don't listen to it near enough to justify that, especially when I'm happy with what I've already got. Plus, The Deluxe Edition has superior cover art.

The LLL has brilliant art direction which gives the original cover art a slight make over and makes Varese's cover look like hokey bootleg by comparison.

But all you need from Independence Day and Batman Returns are the End Credits. Temple of Doom as well.

18 minutes ago, Incanus said:

But all you need from Independence Day and Batman Returns are the End Credits. Temple of Doom as well.

Serious or joke? Because even I wouldn't be THAT extreme....

I am being complete facetious here guys! Come on!

The only thing you need from Independence Day is actually the main titles!

Same goes for E.T.! Ah that gong rubbed with a superball. Aural heaven! It's all you need!

4 hours ago, Incanus said:

I am being complete facetious here guys! Come on!

The only thing you need from Independence Day is actually the main titles!

Same goes for E.T.! Ah that gong rubbed with a superball. Aural heaven! It's all you need!

I think you better leave now!

On 10/21/2016 at 10:44 PM, Disco Stu said:

Finished the movie and I loved it. The score is incredible. Geez I wish this wasn't out of print

On 10/21/2016 at 11:07 PM, amh1219 said:

The LLL version isn't out of print, just temporarily out of stock (for months on end...). There is a difference.

It's back in stock

http://www.lalalandrecords.com/Site/FuryThe.html

And if you order within the next 7 days, you get 15% off your entire order.

http://www.lalalandrecords.com/Site/SpecialOffers.html

• 1 year later...

In celebration of John William's Masterpiece THE FURY turning 40 years old La-La Land Records is having a "Flash Sale" on this magnificent score! For the next 48 hours you can pick it up for $20! Offer expires Wednesday, March 14, 2018.

http://www.lalalandrecords.com/Site/FuryThe.html

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=126229&forumID=1&archive=0

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I found this on Youtube and didn't wanna make a thread for it.

Amazingly, someone re-recorded one of the source music pieces from The Fury in 2014

Something Williams obviously made up on the spot in 10 minutes probably, and it gets performed 35 years later.

1 hour ago, Disco Stu said:

Amazingly, someone re-recorded one of the source music pieces from The Fury in 2014.

Yes, I remember that. I think it was agent Richard Kraft's initiative. He posted a series of threads about this, and others like it, on FSM a few years back.

5 minutes ago, Thor said:

Yes, I remember that. I think it was agent Richard Kraft's initiative. He posted a series of threads about this, and others like it, on FSM a few years back.

Ah yes, I see the others now:

And this version of Yub Nub is truly awful

Completely reprehensible on purpose I guess.

7 minutes ago, Thor said:

This one?

https://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=103214

Yes, that's it! "Sheetmusicman"; I forgot his nickname (although I'm not sure it's Kraft himself, or someone in the same 'group').

• 2 months later...

This score would be perfect for a Live to Projection event--the carousel cue alone would be worth admission, but alas such things are only for the blockbusters.  

On 8/5/2020 at 1:40 AM, Tom said:

This score would be perfect for a Live to Projection event--the carousel cue alone would be worth admission, but alas such things are only for the blockbusters.  

I'd be thankful just for a bit performed in concert, to speak nothing of a 'live-to-projection' event (which I've never cared for in the first place).

• 1 year later...
10 minutes ago, Bespin said:

It's a re-recording.

I am aware. I am just curious which cues were combined or extended to create these re-recorded cues. For example, Hester's Theme & The House is almost twice as long. Is this a situation like Preparing the Cage on the Jaws LP? or did Williams find a similar cue to attach to extend it. I have other questions, but that's an example.

I do not believe I've ever seen anyone break down the OST album to see which cues he used form the basis of each track.  That sounds like a fun project, I'll do it someday if no one beats me to it first

Well, for me it's not a breakdown, it's a thematical analysis of the content of album "suites".

Do we have to do that for each re-recorded album?

Pffff...  Seems a lot of work to me!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

So now the amazing music Williams wrote for this film in 1978 will forever on these streaming sites include this dumb HBO show because they needle-dropped the music?  Lame.

Anyways, who wants to listen and figure out if it's the LLL master or something else?

26 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

So now the amazing music Williams wrote for this film in 1978 will forever on these streaming sites include this dumb HBO show because they needle-dropped the music?  Lame.

I think it's cool; might be an eyeopener to younger audiences. My colleague is...uhm, euphoric about EUPHORIA. I tried the first episode a few months back, but it didn't quite appeal to me, so I jumped ship about midway. However, I'm willing to give it another shot, especially because my colleague has sold it in with all these gorgeous references to Kieslowski, De Palma etc. that eventually appear.