I'm a little concerned that if Neeson keeps signing up for these 'only slightly different from Taken' action thrillers, he'll become little more than Northern Ireland's answer to Steven Seagal :/ .

And frankly, he's better than that.

I'm a little concerned that if Neeson keeps signing up for these 'only slightly different from Taken' action thrillers, he'll become little more than Northern Ireland's answer to Steven Seagal :/ .

Indeed. His talk show appearances tend to boil down to send-ups of these roles like his last one on Jonathan Ross (though a little amusing as he read Beiber's lyrics in that tough man style). He might come back one day.

Indeed. His talk show appearances tend to boil down to send-ups of these roles like his last one on Jonathan Ross (though a little amusing as he read Beiber's lyrics in that tough man style). He might come back one day.

Neeson said in one interview late last year that he takes the dumb action roles to give himself something to do and distract him from the grieving. He claimed in the same interview that such roles are a temporary measure.

I'd say he's much closer to Charles Bronson than Steven Seagal.

On Neeson being a good guy ... from Vic Armstrong's autobiography - 'He's a great mate of mine and a really genuine person, one of the few people in the business who hasn't changed since the first day I met him (back on Krull); he's exactly the same sweet, generous, kind-hearted man and a great actor. I bump into him all over the world in airports or on film sets and we sit and have a drink and a chat, and on Gangs Of New York we went out most nights. Just a lovely man'.

I'd say he's much closer to Charles Bronson than Steven Seagal.

Yeah, I'd lean more towards Bronson, too.

Neeson doesn't act lobotomized like Seagal.

Heard another interview clip yesterday in which Broccoli said that although he wasn't being considered for Bond 24, 'our friend' John Travolta could well feature as a future villain.

Somehow I find that awfully terrifying.

Maybe I'm being jarred by his cameo at the end of Goldmember.

I was hoping that after they blew up the Aston Martin in the last flick (and with the Ford contract having been expired), that EON would go for a different car. I would have loved to see the Bentley return.

We got the chance to quiz Michael G Wilson and Barbara Broccoli, the long-time producers of the series about Logan’s comments at the opening of ‘Bond In Motion’, a new 007 exhibition opening this week at the London Film Museum.

"What is he talking about? He can’t say that,” quipped Wilson, "He’s not supposed to be talking about what he’s writing.”

"We’re the middle of it… you know, it’s still early stages in terms of the scriptwriting.” explained Broccoli, "It’s the exciting part, where everything is possible."

"We’re getting all the creative forces together, so watch this space."

One thing that they could tell us was that Bond would be getting a new Aston Martin.

"We’re looking at one, but that’s a secret. It’s a new design.” said Wilson.

"We were with Aston Martin yesterday, that’s how up to date we are with it!” added Broccoli.

IMDB updated the title http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2379713/

Dumb internet.

I know that this should probably go on the "QQ" thread, but...

why did Barry not score "L+LD", "TSWLM", and "FYEO"?

He wasn't available to score those flicks for various reasons, ranging from tax issues or in LTK's case having throat surgery.

why did Barry not score "L+LD"

From John Burlingame's The Music of James Bond.

John Barry spent much of 1972 and 1973 writing musicals, all whith his friend and now regular collaborator Don Black: a lavish, all-star screen adaptation of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland with Peter Selles, Dudley Moore and others; an ill-fated version of Gulliver's Travels, filmed with Richard Harris but then shelves for years; and Billy, a stage musical based on the play and film Billy Liar, which opened on the West End in May 1974 and amde a singing and dancing star of Michael Crawford (who would go on to greater fame in The Phantom of the Opera).

Barry was through with Bond for now. First there was Harry Saltzman's door-slamming incident over the "Diamonds are Forever' song; then disagreements with Guy Hamilton over the tone of parts of the Diamonds score; and finally, the films themselves, with Connery deparing the role for good and a new emphasis on joke and silliness instead of suspense and danger.

And even though the Oscars once again ignored his smart and memorable work as a songwriter on the Bonds, he had been nominated for a 1971 Academy Award for Mary, Queen of Scots. The projects that lay ahead for him were ones where the music would take center stage, not remain as unappreciated background.

"The Bond pictures are technically very difficult," he told composer Michael Perilstein at the time, "because they are right down to split-second timings, which is really kind of an old-time movie-scoring attitude. Each one gets more and more difficult to write, because it's a kind of formula. Trying to move around within that same formula gets more difficult. My least favorite scores are the recent Bond scores, because they are really like second-hand Goldfingers. It's a trap, and I don't know how to get out of it, really."

BTW, I've got a great anecdote that my dad once told me about what John Barry did to insult Michael Crawford while filming Billy. My dad's an ex-thespian and knew one of the older actors in the production.

What worries me are these talks of Moneypenny kick arse again. Just seems like a dumb thing to do after her character arc in SF.

God forbid a woman do anything but be a secretary!

But that's what she is.

She took the post because she wasn't cut out to be a field agent. Now, I don't mind her doing computer hacking or working with Q on something, but if she's back in the field it not only undoes her character moments in Skyfall, it makes her a field agent and not M's personal assistant, which is what the Moneypenny character is. Its not as if a secretary at Apple is also designing the software for the next iPhone.

In a franchise where people chase bikes on rooftops, hacking is playing video games on screen, villains go through mind-bogglingly contrived plots to take over the world, or worse yet, kill M...

A secret-agent secretary, with a history of field experience, kicking ass in the next movie...

That's the line we can't cross?

C'mon. Are you really going to be on that side of this debate?

I think it's fine as long as they don't try making her Bond's sidekick, which is what the rumors have mainly been about. I'm fine with her being able to kick ass and such, because wouldn't you want the head of MI6 to be aided by a secretary that can also function as an agent? I would have loved to see Lois Maxwell do something fun on occasion besides flirt with Bond, if done right. One of the highlights of DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER is seeing Moneypenny on the field. It's such a nice twist for the Bond formula, I'm surprised EON didn't try doing that again in the films afterward.

I think it's fine as long as they don't try making her Bond's sidekick, which is what the rumors have mainly been about. I'm fine with her being able to kick ass and such, because wouldn't you want the head of MI6 to be aided by a secretary that can also function as an agent? I would have loved to see Lois Maxwell do something fun on occasion besides flirt with Bond, if done right. One of the highlights of DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER is seeing Moneypenny on the field. It's such a nice twist for the Bond formula, I'm surprised EON didn't try doing that again in the films afterward.

I agree. :)

Regarding the 'Come And Dive' fake 'teaser' ... can't believe (even for just an hour) that people bought that as a title and thought that something so sombre and actionless would actually be put out there as the 'first look' at a new Bond movie.

Regarding the 'Come And Dive' fake 'teaser' ... can't believe (even for just an hour) that people bought that as a title and thought that something so sombre and actionless would actually be put out there as the 'first look' at a new Bond movie.

I could believe it. It's not like it's a spoof trailer or making fun of the franchise.

It's not believable because any Bond fan should know that EON makes a big deal about their new productions.

I imagine a press conference will be scheduled with the director, producers, Daniel Craig, Ralph Fiennes, and the actor/actress chosen to play the villain. They're never going to release some generic teaser through JoBlo.com and call it a day.

It makes for a decent fan trailer, though. And generated quite a few views for the creator.

I agree. :)

As do I, though I didn't word it properly. I want Bond on a mission working in the field. I'm getting tired of Bond constantly in communication with MI6 all the time. Even in QOS when he was out on his on he was still checking in every 10 minutes it felt like. I don't want the films to become Spooks featuring James Bond.

Maybe the makers are just reflecting an age in which most of us mere mortals are contactable wherever we are, never mind MI6 agents.

I put the scaling-down of the gadgetry in the recent films down to the fact that commercially-available high-street technology has caught up ... look at everything a mobile phone can do now.

I still haven't got a mobile phone that also acts as a taser. :P But yeah, I'd like to see more practical gadgets that are clever and make sense for Bond to have, rather than being too convenient like that inflatable jacket that couldn't have been useful for anything other than that avalanche.