Michael Giacchino's Jupiter Ascending (2015)

luke905

Presumably European tax breaks necessitating scoring in the UK (it was filmed here too). Nearly happened on 'John Carter'. Giacchino and Wicki have collaborated before on concerts and 'Star Trek - Live to Projection'.

Based on those clips, I sure hope this gets a physical release!

Speaking of, Tim Simonec composed a handful of the jazz charts played by the jazz band in Whiplash.

This film is supposed to be the first in a trilogy, so if the film is successful and there are sequels, this could be Giacchino's Star Wars, if you want to put it that way. ;)

I'm afraid Jupiter Ascending is going to be 2015's John Carter, in the sense that it's a sci-fi film the general public isn't aware of and doesn't understand from the trailers. And it's pretty expensive, too. It'll have to earn quite a bit for any sequels to be greenlit.

I like the Wachowskis and this type of movie, but the previews all look awful and at this point the only reason I'd even consider seeing this in theaters is Giacchino. If the reviews trend positive, maybe I'll give it a shot - otherwise, it'll be a cheap Redbox rental somewhere down the line, if at all.

I saw Cloud Atlas at the theater, and I enjoyed it. It was pretty neat. Giacchino could have done an interesting score for that one! (Assuming that the Wachowskis would have asked him had they not gone with Tykwer's regular composers and that Giacchino would have said yes.)

This really does sound wonderful.

What is it I always say about film composers and age? They seem to come in to their own in their late 40s.

MG is 47. When JW was 47, he had not yet composed Empire Strikes Back, ET, IJ, JP, HP, etc etc. His biggest hits were Jaws, CE3K, Star Wars, and Superman.

And: 47 or 49, the kind of Joe-Sixpack trailer rhythms Giacchino uses here prompted me to turn of the samples rather fast. I honestly don't know what people get ouf of such musical sandwich toast.

And: 47 or 49, the kind of Joe-Sixpack trailer rhythms Giacchino uses here prompted me to turn of the samples rather fast. I honestly don't know what people get ouf of such musical sandwich toast.

ROTFLMAO

:sigh: