Michael Giacchino's Jupiter Ascending (2015)

luke905

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes alone shows the man has made significant progress even since Lost.

Indeed. Aside from its bland thematic material, it's first score in years that showed Giacchino has some real chops in him (again, still haven't checked out Lost).

Let's hope the new scores continue this trend. Though I doubt any of them are going to convince anyone here that he's the "new john Williams"

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes alone shows the man has made significant progress even since Lost.

LOST alone shows the man has made significant progress since LOST. S1 vs. S6 is incredible. Or take MOH vs. Airborne. Or something like Let Me In.

Giacchino was at his peak in 2010 and I feel like he hasn't reached that high point since, though Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes is quite good.

jupieter.jpg

Disc: 1
1. Jupiter Ascending - 1st Movement
2. Jupiter Ascending - 2nd Movement
3. Jupiter Ascending - 3rd Movement
4. Jupiter Ascending - 4th Movement
5. The Houses Of Abrasax
6. I Hate My Life
7. Scrambled Eggs
8. The Abrasax Family Tree
9. The Shadow Chase
10. The Titus Clipper
11. Mutiny On The Bounty Hunter
12. One Reincarnation Under God
Disc: 2
1. Digging Up the Flirt
2. A Wedding Darker
3. Regenex Is People!
4. The Lies Have It
5. It's A Hellava Chase
6. Dinosaur To New Heights
7. Family Jeopardy
8. Abdicate This!
9. Flying Dinosaur Fight
10. Commitment
11. Flying Dinosaur Fight with Guts (Bonus Track)

Curious about the four movement thing. But not encouraged by trailers/photos about what sort of music this film might bring out.

The music was written independently of the film and, up to a point, before it was shot.

Oh I know that, but it's still written with the film's story/aesthetic in mind, yeah? And with the input of the directors. If it were Giacchino's mind given free reign, well....

I don't have a problem with the look of the film too much. It's just everything else looks bad (interested in Giacchino's score though).

So 2 c.d.'s of music that wasn't composed to strictly to the film? Should be good

Why don't Williams releases ever have 2 c.d.'s? (oh yeah the re-use fees thing that only seem to apply to Williams scores)

I'm the biggest Williams fan in this place! Only an idiot would assess appreciation by the sheer number of scores owned. I own all of his scores that move me and I need to revisit regularly. The (nearly) complete concert music too. So take that!

I'm the biggest Williams fan in this place!

Based on what criteria?

Eh, I have no interest in continuing this discussion with you, earnestly or otherwise. Yawn. Go find someone else to swing dicks with.

I'm the biggest Williams fan in this place! Only an idiot would assess appreciation by the sheer number of scores owned. I own all of his scores that move me and I need to revisit regularly. The (nearly) complete concert music too. So take that!

What was the context?

I don't know what any of you are talking about.

Typical Williams fanboy response!

Yes, he's definitely one!

He's a Zimmer fanboy.

I'm a Zimmer fan. And a Williams fan. And an Alex North fan... yes, especially that, today.

So 2 c.d.'s of music that wasn't composed to strictly to the film? Should be good

Why don't Williams releases ever have 2 c.d.'s? (oh yeah the re-use fees thing that only seem to apply to Williams scores)

How else will John make more money per album?

Anyways...

TheGreyPilgrim, with how Stefancos is picking on you lately, I think he might have a crush on you.

Guess the ol' warm oils aren't cutting it for him anymore!