Star Trek Beyond (2016 Justin Lin) - The Big Bad Star Trek (X)III Thread

BLUMENKOHL

Exactly. Not too excited by anything. Some riff on a big bad villain Khan style, probably back to Earth in spite of how Into Darkness ended, time travel perhaps or blowing the Enterprise/some riff on a movie that people know.

I think after this third film Paramount won't greenlight another one for a while. There might even be a tv show or something before there's another film

Star Trek 3 cast says Michael Giacchino's score for Star Trek three will be Strike Three.

Star Trek needs to go back to tv but no abrams, no orci, no kurtzman.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd be okay with the reported story. Getting Vulcan back gets a thumbs up from me.

What would undoing the destruction of Vulcan achieve anyway? They'd have to go right back to when Nero first appeared and even then it would still result in the alternate reality being created. They'd probably still have scanned Nero's ship (their explanation as to the different configuration and 725m size of the Enterprise), so starship design would still have altered accordingly. It would just alter the course of that reality or create a second alternate reality, with the destruction of Vulcan in Reality 2 still a fact.

Keenser getting a larger role? No thanks. I love the new Star Trek films - especially as they influenced me to go and watch the other ten films - but that would be taking things a step too far.

It all depends. I'll wait for something official as I did with both Star Wars and Terminator before making any firm decisions on how much I'll look forward to this. The first thing that would help would be confirmation of the director.

They should do a TNG reboot film.

Cast Brian Eno as Jean-Luc Picard and Michael Fassbender as Riker

This isn't funny it's just stupid.

I'm a bit tired of waiting for him to do something great.

That's exactly how I feel about Michael Giacchino. Everybody keeps calling him "the next John Williams" but I don't see anything more than a workman-like composer who gets many high-profile assignments.

I'm not too keen on Tyler either, though his high points (Children of Dune, Now You Can See Me) best anything written by Giacchino. His more recent music for the Marvel films is terribly generic though.