Randy Newman's Monsters University

Jay

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hm, and I thought Disney severely cut down the physical CD output since their co-branding deal with Intrada started a few years back. I'm not surprised they're doing The Lone Ranger (Zimmer still sells CDs), but I thought Monsters University would be an Intrada release.

I thought so too!

Randy's Newman's Monsters University gets a physical CD from Disney but Danny Elfman's Oz doesn't?

Randy's Newman's Monsters University gets a physical CD from Disney but Michael Giacchino's Up doesn't?

Randy's Newman's Monsters University gets a physical CD from Disney but his own Toy Story 3 doesn't?

It's all odd

Randy Newman is probably a big enough name (not just in the soundtrack community) to "warrant" a physical release on their own label.

Which doesn't explain the Toy Story 3 part.

• 1 month later...

Amazon listing now has the cover art and track list

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B9JDBCA

81oNtdxf7-L._SL1500_.jpg

1. Main Title
2. Young Michael
3. First Day at MU
4. Dean Hardscrabble
5. Sulley
6. Scare Pig
7. Wasted Potential
8. Oozma Kappa
9. Stinging Glow Urchin
10. Field Trip
11. Rise and Shine
12. The Library
13. Roar (Axwell & Sebastian Ingrosso of Swedish House Mafia)
14. The Scare Games
15. Did You Do This?
16. Human World
17. The Big Scare
18. Goodbyes
19. Mike and Sulley
20. Monsters University

I still don't understand how Disney released UP in CD without it being the complete score, a highly acclaimed score which won the OSCAR! (an award they hadnt got since 1995's Pocahontas!!!!!!!!!!!)

Disney didn't even release UP on CD - they only released it as a digital download

It took the existence of Intrada for a CD to happen, and they chose to present the Grammy-award winning album presentation (they might have been obligated to do so anyway, I don't know). Can't argue with that.

We already have the complete score via the FYC and C&C promos, so who cares?

I'm sure in 10-20 years there could be an expanded CD anyway

Disney didn't even release UP on CD - they only released it as a digital download

Dude..i know intrada released it, but i didnt want to mention them since it could be interpreted as critizism for it..and im sure they would have been delighted to release the C&C :P

I mean, after the success of the score, Disney should have released the complete score, not the mp3 album. And it was the 1st collaborarion CD of the disneyland line, they should have started with a bang!

They wanted to release Giacchino's Grammy winning album arrangement on CD. I don't fault them for that.

It was an unlimited release. I'm sure a 3,000 copy expanded CD will come out in 10-20 years like every other score

Reuse fees are expensive

• 3 weeks later...

It took the existence of Intrada for a CD to happen, and they chose to present the Grammy-award winning album presentation (they might have been obligated to do so anyway, I don't know). Can't argue with that.

I believe Mr. Fake mentioned that Michael Giacchino wanted it that way as well.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...