Jurassic Park 20th Anniversary OST (Digital only release)

Sharkissimo

It's "Stalling Around", not "Stalling" - a great pun on the fact that the music homages Carl Stalling!

Hungry Raptor is NOT the T-Rex chase, it is the cue of the same title (the first half was unused in the film, the second half is the "Clever Girl!" bit)

I'm not too familiar with some of the unrelased music and even less so with such short samples. Stalling is Mr. DNA, I'm pretty sure. Where is Hungry Raptor from?

So no T-Rex Chase or the Mosquito cue?

And were those unreleased tracks that long to begin with? The version I have of the History Lesson is a minute shorter. Could they possibly have combined tracks?

Judging by the samples it sounds like we've got some combined cues. "The History Lesson" combines 2m1 "The Entrance of Mr. Hammond" and 5m1" The History Lesson," that much is for certain. "The Coming Storm" definitely has more than just 6m3, but I'm not sure what all would be added that would total 3:58. I would hope for "The Great T-Rex Chase," but I'm not sure--that would still leave about a minute. The other big candidate I could think of would be "The Trouble With Dennis."

I don't think so. The sample is clearly from the cartoon source music from the video introduction, and the track is the right length for that.

"Hungry Raptor" looks correct as well. The big question mark is what the hell they have combined to make "The Coming Storm." The best I can come up with is essentially "The Encased Mosquito/A Storm is Coming/The Trouble With Dennis." I think that fits the track time. A damned shame "The T-Rex Chase" would seem to still be unavailable. I can't help but wonder if this isn't some kind of mass release, with Intrada following up with a proper Universal series release. But why these tracks? The cut combinations does fit the M.O. of Williams's production of the OST; perhaps these are assemblies that didn't make the cut prior? I know I'd sure as hell take "The T-Rex Chase" over "Stalling Around." "Hungry Raptor" will be great to have in its entirety, though, that's for sure.

This is what's in the new tracks!

17A The History Lesson [0:00-0:56] = 2m1 The Entrance of Mr. Hammond

17B The History Lesson [0:56-end] = 5m1 The History Lesson

18 Stalling Around (2:32) = 3m3 Cartoon Demonstration

19A The Coming Storm [0:00-1:16] = 6m3 The Coming Storm

19B The Coming Storm [1:16-2:46] = 9m2 The T-Rex Chase

19C The Coming Storm [2:46-end] = 1m2 The Encased Mosquito

20 Hungry Raptor (2:05) = 12m2 Hungry Raptor

WOW!!!!!!!!

New Complete Cue List:

01 1mA Opening Titles = OST 1

02 1m1 Incident at Isla Nublar = OST 3 [0:00-2:12]
03 1m2 The Encased Mosquito = BON 19 [2:46-end]
04 2m1 The Entrance of Mr. Hammond = BON 17 [0:00-0:56]
05 2m3/3m1 To The Island = OST 04 [0:00-4:31]
06 3m2 The Dinosaurs = OST 04 [4:31-7:31]
07 3m2A The Entrance of the Park = OST 04 [7:32-end]
08 3m3 Cartoon Demonstration = BON 18
09 4m1 Hatching Baby Raptor = OST 6 [0:00-1:57]
10 4m2 You Bred Raptors = STILL UNRELEASED!!!
11 5m1 The History Lesson = BON 17 [0:56-end]
12 5m2 Jurassic Park Gate = OST 13
13 5m3 Goat Bait = OST 14 [0:00-2:20]
14 6m2 An Ailing Monster = OST 08 [0:00-2:27]
15 6m3 The Coming Storm = BON 19 [0:00-1:16]
16 7m1 Dennis Steals the Embryos = OST 9
17 8m1 The Trouble With Dennis = STILL UNRELEASED!!!
18 9m1 The Falling Car = OST 3 [2:13-end]
19 9m2 The T-Rex Chase = BON 19 [1:16-2:46]
20 9m3/10mA A Tree For My Bed = OST 10
21 10m1 Remembering Petticoat Lane = OST 12
22 10m2 My Friend, The Brachiosaurus = OST 8 [2:27-end]
23 10m3 Eggs in the Forest = OST 6 [1:57-end]
24 11m1 = STILL UNRELEASED!!!
25 11m2 Preparing to Meet the Monster = OST 14 [2:21-end]
26 11m3/12m1 High Wire Stunts = OST 11
27 12m2 Hungry Raptor = BON 20
28 12m3/13m1 Into the Kitchen = OST 5
29 13m2 March Past the Kitchen Utensils = OST 15 [0:00-4:08]
30 13m3/14m1 T-Rex to the Rescue = OST 15 [4:08-end]
31 14m2 End Credits = OST 7

BONUS 3m2 Record Intro = OST 2 [0:00-0:48]
BONUS 3m2 Ending = OST 2 [3:13-end]

Apart from clean openings/endings and a few short cues, we have just about the whole score now!

Holy shit, the ending of "Hungry Raptor," and the full "T-Rex Chase"! It's a shame this isn't a full-blown complete release (and I'm still not discounting such a thing in the not-too-distant future), but I'm so glad to have this stuff.

New Chronological order:

01 01 Opening Titles

02 03A [0:00-2:12] Incident at Isla Nublar

03 19C [2:46-end] The Encased Mosquito

04 17A [0:00-0:56] The Entrance Of Mr. Hammond

05 04 Journey To The Island

06 18 Stalling Around

07 06A [0:00-1:57] Hatching Baby Raptor

08 17B [0:56-end] The History Lesson

09 13 Jurassic Park Gate

10 14A [0:00-2:20] Goat Bait

11 08A [0:00-2:27] An Ailing Monster

12 19A [0:00-1:16] The Coming Storm

13 09 Dennis Steals the Embryos

14 03B [2:13-end] The Falling Car

15 19B [1:16-2:46] The T-Rex Chase

16 10 A Tree For My Bed

17 12 Remembering Petticoat Lane

18 8B [2:27-end] My Friend, The Brachiosaurus

19 6B [1:57-end] Eggs In The Forest

20 14B [2:21-end] Preparing to Meet the Monster

21 11 High Wire Stunts

22 20 Hungry Raptor

23 05 Into the Kitchen

24 15 T-Rex Rescue and Finale

25 07 End Credits

NOTES:

02 Theme from Jurassic Park (3:27) is a theme track that mostly duplicates a cue inside OST track 4, you can place it where you like (Such as at the beginning or end)

16 End Credits (3:25) is a duplicate of the end of Track 7 and is not needed

I searched iTunes, and there is no new Special Edition for The Lost World, unfortunately. Imagine if that had popped up out of nowhere tonight too!? Wow!

An alternate mostly-chronological playlist version (no editing required!)

01 Opening Titles (0:33)

03 Incident at Isla Nublar (5:20)
04 Journey to the Island (8:51)
18 Stalling Around (2:32)
06 Hatching Baby Raptor (3:21)
17 The History Lesson (2:28)
13 Jurassic Park Gate (2:04)
08 My Friend, the Brachiosaurus (4:16)
09 Dennis Steals the Embryo (4:56)
19 The Coming Storm (3:58)
10 A Tree for My Bed (2:12)
12 Remembering Petticoat Lane (2:48)
14 Eye to Eye (6:32)
11 High-wire Stunts (4:08)
20 Hungry Raptor (2:05)
05 The Raptor Attack (2:49)
15 T-Rex Rescue & Finale (7:40)
07 Welcome to Jurassic Park (7:55)
NOTES
02 Theme from Jurassic Park (3:27) is a theme track that mostly duplicates a cue inside OST track 4, you can place it where you like (Such as at the beginning or end)
16 End Credits (3:25) is a duplicate of the end of Track 7 and is not needed

I pulled this from the digital booklet:

20th Anniversary Edition Credits
Executive In Charge Of Music For Universal Pictures: Mike Knobloch
Music Business Affairs For Universal Pictures: Philip M. Cohen
20th Anniversary Edition Music Editor: Ramiro Belgart
20th Anniversary Edition Remastered by Patricia Sullivan at Bernie Grundman Mastering, Hollywood, CA
20th Anniversary Edition Special Thanks to: Doug Barasch, Celeste Chada, Chris Crichton, Jaime Feldman, Angela Leus, Monique McGuffin Newman, Meire Murakami, Eric Polin, Bruce Resnikoff, Jamie Richardson, Tom Rowland, Jake Voulgarides, Nikki Walsh, Todd Waxler, Steve Wengert and Allison Wood.

FYI, here are the lengths of the only 3 completely unreleased cues now:

1. 4m2 You Bred Raptors (0:36)
2. 8m1 The Trouble With Dennis (1:15)
3. 11m1 (0:49)

TOTAL TIME - 2:40

I almost can't believe how lucky we got today!

8m1 has always been one of my favorite unreleased cues too, bummer it didn't make the cut.

This release is AMAZING. I'm almost speechless. Even with it missing a few tracks I'm still almost overwhelmed with how great this is. All the music I wanted the most is now here! Thank you all for pointing it out! Now if only this got a CD release, too. Would this extra music even fit on a CD?

It all fits if you don't include the duplicated End Credits track!

The new total is 1:17:51 without the duplicated track, or 1:21:17 with it.

This release is AMAZING. I'm almost speechless. Even with it missing a few tracks I'm still almost overwhelmed with how great this is. All the music I wanted the most is now here! Thank you all for pointing it out! Now if only this got a CD release, too. Would this extra music even fit on a CD?

The original OST was 70 minutes and since there is 11 minutes of material I would say no. If they dropped something like redundant The End Credits all the new music would fit in there.

Heh you beat me to it Jason. :P

Yeah, they probably won't though to make a CD version, sadly. It's too bad iTunes doesn't offer a lossless version of it.

Still this is much better than if they had released a 3D dinoramalamadingdong package of the old OST.

It's a damn shame that they didn't include a 5th bonus track comprised of the other 3 remaining unreleased cues. I mean, they already went over what fits on one CD, so why not go over an additional 2:40 and release the COMPLETE score?

Yeah. They almost made it. Not quite though. A bit frustrating. But I guess they did their best.

11m1 Untitled... isn't this the music in the film sometimes called "System Ready", when Samuel L. Jackson's character (Ray Arnold) switches off all the computers? When listening to the unreleased music I realized this bit of music was also still missing, so I'm sure it's it by seeing where it's also positioned on the track list.

Oh hey, I found an article online about this re-issue!

Here it is:

http://musicconnection.com/remastered-jurassic-park-soundtrack-includes-4-unreleased-john-williams-tracks/

And here' s a snippet from the article:

Universal Music Enterprises is pleased to announce the digital release of the Original Motion Picture Soundtrack of Jurassic Park, which includes legendary composer John Williams’ newly remastered music from the film, as well as four bonus tracks.

The four bonus tracks featured on the remastered Jurassic Park album were chosen by Williams in conjunction with his music editor, Ramiro Belgardt. Williams and Belgradt went back through all of the master tapes of the film to spot cues that were not released on the original album. These tracks have never before been commercially released.

Bolding is mine.

It is nice that Williams was personally part of selecting the bonus material.I thought the way the bonus cues were combined pointed to that direction. He is shy of presenting 1 minute pieces on their own. ;)

But this might also be the reason we didn't get everything unreleased on this digital release.

That said the bonus material does contain my most sought after cues, especially the lyrical and bright History Lesson and the brief but haunting Encased Mosquito.

This is excellent news! I wish we had that cue when it shows Dennis' jeep skidding through the mud, but that is small beans. "Hungry Raptor" is such a revelation, I guess I never heard it over the sound effects.

I think the most amazing part of this expansion is that we get the full unedited Hungry Raptor. While the first half wasn't used in the film, we already had it completely clean via the end credits of the documentary on the making of the movie. But the ENDING of the cue was also unused in the film, so we've only ever been able to "hear" it via synth mockups.... until today!!

Everything else that was released today we could at least hear before in the film itself, but not that bit! And its an amazing bit!