Jurassic Park 20th Anniversary OST (Digital only release)

Sharkissimo

I agree!

Another favorite "track contains 2 cues from different parts of the movie" of mine has always been "The Rescue Of The Princess" from Star Wars.

OH LAWD, mY EARS.

This was mixed for shitty iPod headphones.

I agree. The dynamics are reduced too much for my taste and IMO, that improves nothing. Isn't everything mixed for shitty iPod headphones these days? The same thing happened to The Hobbit, although there it's much more obvious.

I agree with the "it's too loud" crowd. While it's certainly not brick-walled, there's definitely less dynamic range on the remaster. It's like they're afraid of passages flowing from quiet to loud in the same cue. When EVERYTHING is loud, some cues just lose their impact.

On the flipside though its really annoying to hear a cue really well, with full emotional impact, and then have it drop to barely audible, and lose it,

Luckily the volume changes can be fixed while still using the remastered sound, so there's that

To be fair, the iTunes store doesn't use DRM anymore - not that I like the store.

Yes. That bit wasn't directed at iTunes.

Maybe we'll wake up tomorrow and the complete SW prequels will be on itunes

I hope not!

When it comes to combining cues and making them feel cohesive, JP is one of the most successful Williams' albums.

Cues: Absolutely. I love the way the cues on the album are assembled. The album as a whole, not so much. And I suppose the way cues from all over the score are merged into single tracks is the reason for that.

IF they re-mastered The Lost World score at the same time they dug out the tapes for Jurassic Park, and assumeing there will never be a 3D TLW release...I would expect TLW expanded score soon or not at all

I would expect that the missing Rescuing Sarah section, would be presented somewhat like Remembering Childhood was: as a seperate track.

Pray that if we ever get TLW expanded, a label handles it and not JW. Because those microedits will never see the light of day if JW has any authority on the release.

Nope - it's not a separate cue, its a microedited out section.

He could have it microedited into perhaps say, the unreleased The Raptor's Appear

or perhaps it will the full unedited cue will be presented at the like Presenting the Hook (Extended Film Version) from the LLL Hook.

I mean, I don't want to complain, because unreleased music is unreleased music.. but it's a shame that not only could they still leave only 2 minutes 40 seconds unreleased on something that doesn't have to worry about disk space, but that this won't even get a CD release. However, I am extremely happy about this.

Exciting news indeed!!! I remember this being mixed across the hall from my office and being invited in to see the reels as they were done. It was awesome to hear the film come together, and it remains one of my favorites.

Is anyone else getting a message that the soundtrack is not available in the US iTunes store? The link on the JWfan.net story produces this error as does searching for it on iTunes.

I hope there was not some sort of limit hit in terms of downloads.

He did the hook release, and the micro edit on remembring hollywood was released as a seperate track

Huh?

He did the hook release, and the micro edit on remembring hollywood was released as a seperate track

Huh?

Faleel obviously means that the Follow That Shadow segment of Remembering Childhood was included as a separate track and not as part of the whole sequence where it belonged to. I have no idea where hollywood came into the sentence though.

Ah, that's funny he typed Hollywood instead of Childhood.

Anyway, like I said, that's an entire cue that was previously unreleased - not a microedited out section.

It's a different case than the Rescuing Sarah situation

Yeah not exactly a "microedit". And it removes one of the best parts of the whole cue.

I understand that, but its still "a portion of a cue" and not "an entire cue".

I know, but to me the term micro-edit means removing a short part, maybe a few seconds to tighten up the pace or whatever.

What JW did to Rescuing Sarah I can only call a "hack-job"

I was so excited to buy the Jurassic Park 20th Anniversary Original Motion Picture Soundtrack,

but now I can't because it is currently unavailable in the U.S. store. Why is this? It was available yesterday. I really want to get this.

Let's hope that they are fixing the issues there were with some tracks (reportedly they had glitches) and the release will be back up in iTunes ASAP.

It may "only" be 11 minutes, but its 7 complete cues, covering a wide variety of ideas, in one of Williams' best and most-loved scores

When inserted into the flow of the score rather than tacked on to the end, it really enriches the presentation of the score pretty drastically.

Though, the cues by themselves in the order they are presented does make a really nice 11 minute suite on its own too.

Would the "Presenting the Hook" situation be closer to the Rescuing Sarah situation then?

Would the "Presenting the Hook" situation be closer to the Rescuing Sarah situation then?

Nope. Again, Williams chose to skip over an entire cue, he didn't chose to edit out a portion of a cue.

Does it really fucking matter?

Not at all. Don't ask me why he keeps bringing it up.

I mean, I don't want to complain, because unreleased music is unreleased music.. but it's a shame that not only could they still leave only 2 minutes 40 seconds unreleased on something that doesn't have to worry about disk space, but that this won't even get a CD release. However, I am extremely happy about this.

I took a listen to the 3 unreleased cues on youtube, and The Trouble With Dennis, although short, is rather good. There's a very clean BD rip going around, but somehow it seems wrong to contaminate my otherwise clean set.

So yes, it's a pity Williams didn't want to make the whole score available and close the book completely.

But there were no indications at all that we were going to get any more material any time soon, so the 11 minutes we have is beyond amazing.

I think Williams wanted to present these bonus pieces as much as a musical narrative of their own and thus joined those cues with crossfades and all. Which of course in making a chronological edit is a bit frustrating as you can't separate the cues so satisfyingly. I seem to remember that some bonus cues in the Indy Box had the same problem, where JW had shown Bouzereau how to make a satisfying experience without presenting a complete score.

Williams seems also to be allergic to cues shorter than a minute and rarely has such on his album. The JP opening is a rare case where such short cue appears one of his albums.