Jurassic Park 20th Anniversary OST (Digital only release)

Sharkissimo

yeah I dunno. Why post something like that if it's bullshit.

itunes does their own album for a lot of stuff no? Some other scores had different exclusive tracks depending where you bought it(Tron Legacy).

So the question is does an itunes releases exclude the possibility of a label release?

And Avengers (and a few other score's recently) had a digital release, and an "expanded" CD release (but of course that is a different situation altogether

I can assure everyone here, there is no CD in the works. I wish there was, of course! But believe me, there is not. It's something that MAY be possible down the road, but don't expect anything ANY time soon.

It is available again... however those of us who had already bought it can't download the fixed tracks, this sucks.

The tracks will download, first it'll ask for your password, then say that you can't download from any other computer in 90 days, then an exclamation mark will appear left to the track, then you'll have to try re-download, and then it will. At least from the Mexico store, which I believe you're buying

The problem was that the fixed tracks didn't appear for me, only the rest of the tracks, so there was no way I could download them (maybe because I bought it from my phone and then downloaded it on my computer when those tracks weren't available). Anyway Apple took care of it and pretty fast too.

I forgot to mention until now, but was anybody else surprised the the cork-popping sound effect is in the music mix for the ending Cartoon Demonstration?

Are there any news on the international situation? I feel so screwed... One of the things I waited most eagerly for, and it turns out to be a "screw the rest of the world"-release :-(

I forgot to mention until now, but was anybody else surprised the the cork-popping sound effect is in the music mix for the ending Cartoon Demonstration?

Yes! It cracked a smile for me, and there's a couple of other sound effects played by the orchestra on that piece. It's quite fun! In fact, there are some little parts that remind me of Snowy's Theme, specially some of the xylophone work...

We need more animated scores from Johnny! Tintin and Stalling Around are not enough.

I didn't. It's written in the score :sarcasm:

Are there any news on the international situation? I feel so screwed... One of the things I waited most eagerly for, and it turns out to be a "screw the rest of the world"-release :-(

I feel screwed to. It isn't on the international market (Amazon/iTunes) yet..... :kaboom:

I don't like the idea of "download only" to begin with... But I guess we are forced to live with it... so much more profit for the labels. And ITunes I despise in particular... half of my downloads don't play because I have to somehow reactivate them again after having a different player now... *sigh*.

Well, apparently the 3d version will be released in Germany in Mid-July.... how great that the download strategy avoids a "pre-mature" release here... given that there will be one at all. The world would end otherwise. I hate life :pukeface:

I've only heard snippets of the remastered version through earphones on my ipod. When comparing with the original release (which is no longer on iTunes), I found the "remastered" version to be louder. Louder does not always mean better sound quality. Titanic soundtrack was already screwed up with last years remaster. Even Lion King's 2003 re-issue sounded worse than the '94 release.

Like I said I've only heard it through earphones so far but the fact it's louder already bothers me. I'll probably get very little replies with this one but how are the dynamics on the remastered version? Either way won't get it seeing how it's not on CD but still curious.

Yes you will have to do some scanning but there are plenty of posts in this thread discussing the difference between the old mix and the new mix

Well, apparently the 3d version will be released in Germany in Mid-July.... how great that the download strategy avoids a "pre-mature" release here... given that there will be one at all. The world would end otherwise. I hate life :pukeface:

It's pretty stupid. If they are delaying the score release in Europe until the 3D showings start, then do they honestly expect that fans of the score will just sit tight and not find alternative means?

There's no reason at all to have geographical restrictions on the sale of music in the first place.

Jurassic Park is more like CE3K imo, outside of a couple tracks, the whole album needs to be listened to, to get the experience.

There's only maybe 3 cues that are tracks from it that I can just go to.

And even the ones that I do, they are pretty long. (NOT THAT THAT IS A BAD THING)

it's maybe why it doesn't get the attention like others from fans.

What is this shit? Couple of days ago I listened the samples and now when I'm trying to by it, It won't work?

Oh well, it is iBullshit anyway...

Dude, was it even for sale in Finland?

Of course not but I hate this "not available outside US"(which I didn't noticed) but listen to our beautiful samples.

Well anyway, it's a pretty bad score.

Are you being obtuse or do you actually believe that?

Well, of course my disappointment of probably not having this release, affects my opinion(sarcasm) of the score. For real, it is ok/great score, not in my top ten list.

Lately you have been adding adjectives like slow-witted and obtuse regarding me, everything Ok? Too much Cider?

It's not in my top 10 either, but I guess it's close. For some here, I think this score popped their Williams cherry. It's pretty early stuff for me, but I wasn't a Williams virgin when he gave me the helicopter scene.

The action tracks felt lackluster compared to previous Williams scores. When I first listened to it it felt a bit off. Of course there's a few absolute classic tracks too.

Lately you have been adding adjectives like slow-witted and obtuse regarding me, everything Ok? Too much Cider?

I got tired of people complaining to me calling you a fucking ugly monstrosity....

Apparently everyone thinks you are toootally dreamy and gorgeous, and feel I should shut up about it.

So trying something new, not very successful though.

But I can't very well be too chummy and friendly to you, people might get the wrong idea, I mean we already mentioned we both love sauna.....

Yeah I heard many times from the younger members it's their "SW".

I love it, always felt it kind of "different Williams" don't know why. Guaranteed a boner hearing the "helicopter landing" though.

Me in December 1993, an agonizing 6 months after the film was already out in the US!

That moment when the chopper approaches those forbidding but beautiful island mountains, that trumpet...that theme.

Gave me bigger goosebumps then that one picture of Heather Locklear in a white bikini that started puberty for me at age 11.

I guess for some members it's their "Star Wars"

My Star Wars is Lord of the Rings, but in terms of sheer enjoyment, and nostalgic importance, Jurassic is up there.

Hard to tell why actually, because it's not like the franchise went on to greatness (while TLW is a good score, it doesn't have quite the same impact). Maybe, as has been mentioned before, it's the variety of styles (especially as heard in this almost complete version).

i noticed that the cymbal clash that starts the 'adventure theme fanfare' in Journey to the island (around the 1:17 mark) sounds different in this release not as loud as the OST. I re-listened to the OST and i think they may had two different takes at that point in the OST, and the new track doesnt sound edited (so one performance).Sounds more natural at that point.

I think this release has the right takes, the original OST had some alternate takes

What is the difference with "High-Wire Stunts"?

Also, the OST has the correct takes; on this 20th anniversary remastered release,

"Journey to the Island," "A Tree for My Bed," and "Welcome to Jurassic Park (End Credits)" contain a few alternate takes,

which is pretty cool.

I have listened to "High Wire Stunts" on the OST and anniversary edition. What is the difference with the ending?

It's pretty stupid. If they are delaying the score release in Europe until the 3D showings start, then do they honestly expect that fans of the score will just sit tight and not find alternative means?

There's no reason at all to have geographical restrictions on the sale of music in the first place.

I so agree... So, has anyone heard any news on the European situation yet?

Does someone know where the cues 2M2 and 6M1 are?

I so agree... So, has anyone heard any news on the European situation yet?

Fortunally I have a sister in Canada, so I've purchased it on iTunes Canada... Lucky me.... But I know how you feel, man!!

2m2 is the Las Graviotas source music

6m1 is Goat Bait (which is also 5m3) (Eye to Eye, first part)

They don't exist - everything John Williams actually wrote (which was all recorded) is documented here:

http://www.jwfan.com/?p=5504

2m2 would be for the source music that plays under Nedry and Dogson's conversation in the outdoor restaurant.

6m1 could have reserved because there was originally a scene in between the Goat Bait scene and the Triceratops scene that they were planning on scoring, but then either the scene cut completely cut out of the film, or it's still in the film but they decided they didn't need music written for it.

Alternatively, he could have written 6m2 An Ailing Monster early in the process, and they gave it that slate because at the time they thought it would be the second cue in reel 2, but then the goat bait scene got moved into the end of reel 5 instead of the beginning of reel 6.

These kinds of things happen ALL the time.

6m1 is Goat Bait (Eye to Eye, first part)

No, Goat Bait is 5m3

Great news everyone!! HDTracks will have this for sale tomorrow! FINALLY, a lossless download will be available! I think their files are all available world-wide as well?

They will be receiving my $$ for certain!!!

Source: This post on the official HDTracks Facebook page

Upcoming releases this week on HDtracks:

Molly Ringwald - Except Sometimes
Stone Sour - House of Gold & Bones Part 2
John Williams - Jurassic Park (20th Anniversary)
Keaton Henson - Birthdays
Paramore - Paramore
San Francisco Symphony, Michael Tilson Thomas Beethoven: Symphony No. 9
Tommy Flanagan & Jaki Byard - The Magic of Two
Mark Knopfler - Shangri-La
Foreigner - Double Vision

And more!!