Jurassic Park 20th Anniversary OST (Digital only release)

Sharkissimo

In that regard, I can confirm that alle the issues I had with the 192/24 tracks are gone using a proper FLAC player (i.e. foobar2000): no hiss, no buzzs). So, in PC playback, software matters !

I wonder(ed) why they/he called number 2 on the CD "Theme from Jurassic Park" and not number 1 on the CD, when it is more heared thrue the numbers/cues...

Dat is vrij duidelijk lijkt mij toch?

The "Raptor Theme" is basically just a 4 note motif. It's not the theme people will be humming when they leave the cinema.

Just because a theme may appear the most, doesnt make it THE main theme of the movie.

betwenn the JP theme and the carnivore motif? hell yeah! :P

i saw TLW yesterday again i was amazed at how many reprises of he adventure theme it had. really that's the "JP franchise theme" for John Williams.

We know that the Jurassic Park score was recorded digitally, but does anyone know what sampling frequency it was recorded in? What was the standard at the time?

I would assume that if the score was recorded at 48- or 96 kHz, up-sampling those files to 192 kHz wouldn't yield any sound improvement. Has anyone listened to the same track in both 96 and 192 kHz? Any perceivable difference between them?

Is it possible that the tracks were remixed/remastered at a higher sampling frequency than the score was originally recorded in? Could doing so improve the sound quality?

It had a few reprises, but mostly low key. And quite fittingly spotted.

Yep. And notably, the biggest one (in the finale) wasn't even scored that way by Williams. He wrote a quieter, somewhat mysterious passage that was much more consistent with the rest of the score. The only theme it contained was the four-note motif he wrote for TLW. Just one of the many unreleased/unused passages from that score that would be great to have...

betwenn the JP theme and the carnivore motif? hell yeah! :P

No, I mean the different sampling rates. I really think someone's having me on when they say they can tell the difference between 16/44.1 and 48 or 96 and 192. Although I do like a well mastered SACD, I can live with a standard redbook CD without loss of sleep.

Based on nyquists theorem and the range of the human ear, it's LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE to tell the difference between sample rates above 44.1/16. Higher sample rates just bring in supersonic frequencies that will cause inter modulation which hurts the sound quality of the file. So cd quality is optimum.

Based on nyquists theorem and the range of the human ear, it's LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE to tell the difference between sample rates above 44.1/16. Higher sample rates just bring in supersonic frequencies that will cause inter modulation which hurts the sound quality of the file. So cd quality is optimum.

According to the article, you have to calculate a small padding range in the upper frequencies for filters and antialiasing, so the covered 22kHz raw range might be a bit too short for healthy ears.

According to the article, you have to calculate a small padding range in the upper frequencies for filters and antialiasing, so the covered 22kHz raw range might be a bit too short for healthy ears.

Adults do not hear above circa 10-15 kHz (young adults: 16 kHz, with older people it goes down to 5 kHz). So 22kHz should be plenty for everybody older than 15.

I don't know my own range, but last time I regularly encountered PAL CRT TVs, I had no trouble hearing the annoying whistling noise from the next room. So that's 15.625kHz loud and clear at the very least.

Yeah I could hear CRTs recently. Don't know whether I still can because we don't have one any more.

My range appears to be around 16KHz ish (I'm a few months away from 28 y/o). It's not at all annoying, but I can definitely hear it.

My mistake --- the original Jurassic Park soundtrack CD's notes, in fact, do not specify that the recording was digital. I thought I remembered seeing the 'DDD' designation somewhere. For clarification, I think I will reach out to Shawn Murphy or the engineers for this new project.

We do know for a fact that Empire of the Sun was recorded digitally. Though, Hook and Schindler's List were analog.

I'm beginning to think that JP was recorded in analog since I don't think that 24-bit/96 kHz-192 kHz digital recording existed in 1993. I think the standard back then was 16-bit or 20-bit at 48 kHz.

Top-of-the line analog recording devices have the potential to yield greater detail than digital ones, so 24-bit/96 kHz-192 kHz files derived from professional analog sources could offer better sound than older digital ones. Of course, the digital medium trumps analog in every other way: easier data transfer and more flexible storage/mixing.

According to this interesting discussion and a print-screen of the spectrum analysis of "High-Wire Stunts", the effective dynamic range and SNR is about 12 to 13 bits, meaning lower resolution than standard CDs. However, another print-screen of a more detailed spectrum analysis was later posted and showed different (maybe better) results. But I don't really know what it means or how to interpret the results and no one there made any comment yet...

Well, that's all I do know... :)

I thought HDTracks sold internationally?

Officially, they don't. Inofficially, it worked for me with PayPal, but apparently (from what I gathered above), individual albums are actually disabled for specific countries.

Jason, to be able to buy it with Paypal i need to add it to a check out list right?

When i try to do it i get the notice saying i am in the wrong region.

I cant get it in a shopping cart, so i cant check out, so i cant select payment options.

I am in exactly the same situation as Stefan.

I live in the UK so if anybody can please help me to buy this album I would be really happy.

Thanks.

I am in exactly the same situation as Stefan.

I live in the UK so if anybody can please help me to buy this album I would be really happy.

Thanks.

Same here. There is no Paypal option/button anywhere to be found.

Karol

The highdef-download website recognizes the country even before you get to payment options. It seems impossible for us non-US guys to buy the download at this time. I think this is quite a paradox; theoretically it would be so much easier and cheaper to get our music that way (no 13$ + shipping, long delivery times, etc.), but instead it's all but impossible.

It's also the principle though.

The fact that they are bizarrely refusing to sell this officially to anyone outside the states is behaviour we should not be encouraging.

If you're a marketing person, and you think that score fans are just going to wait patiently, just because the film isn't re-released in their country for another several months, then you're a naive idiot. I'd love to know how many potential sales this strategy is losing them.