Roque Baños's Evil Dead (La-La Land gets longer Deluxe Edition)

Jay

THE MOST TERRIFYING SOUNDTRACK YOU WILL EVER EXPERIENCE is coming from La-La Land Records this April!

“EVIL DEAD”

The Original Motion Picture Score

Music by Roque Baños

DIGITAL DOWNLOAD and DELUXE CD EDITION available APRIL 9, 2013

(Burbank, CA – March 27, 2013) La-La Land Records, Tri-Star Pictures and Ghost House Pictures present the original motion picture score to the 2013 feature film EVIL DEAD, starring Jane Levy, Jessica Lucas and Shiloh Fernandez, and directed by Fede Alvarez. Acclaimed composer Roque Baños (THE MACHINIST, SEXY BEAST) creates a heart-stopping thrill ride of a horror score that launches this all-new re-imagining of the original THE EVIL DEAD into the Horror Hall of Fame alongside its legendary predecessor. Simply put, this is the most sensational horror film music in years!

The EVIL DEAD soundtrack will be available for DIGITAL DOWNLOAD at iTunes and other digital music retailers on APRIL 9th.

Also APRIL 9th, the DELUXE CD EDITION of the soundtrack, featuring more than 25 minutes of additional music NOT present on the digital download release, will be available to order from www.lalalandrecords.com and other online soundtrack boutiques.

This CD will become available at Amazon and other major online retailers MAY 7th.

ABOUT THE FILM:

In the much anticipated remake of the 1981 cult-hit horror film, five twenty-something friends become holed up in a remote cabin. When they discover a Book of the Dead, they unwittingly summon up dormant demons living in the nearby woods, which possess the youngsters in succession until only one is left intact to fight for survival. EVIL DEAD the movie opens in theaters April 5, 2013.

886492_10151606004543755_1254041773_o.jp

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151606004543755&set=a.181243738754.155532.56031953754&type=1

As I said in the other thread, I'm probably buying this one. Not sure if right away, though. The money is a bit short at the moment.

Karol

• 3 weeks later...

“EVIL DEAD” CD SOUNDTRACK SIGNING EVENT!

Meet Roque Baños and Fede Alvarez
The composer and writer/director of EVIL DEAD (2013)
SATURDAY, APRIL 27, 2013 at 2:00pm
Dark Delicacies
3512 W. Magnolia Blvd.
Burbank, CA 91505
Composer Roque Baños (THE MACHINIST, SEXY BEAST) and writer/director Fede Alvarez will be signing the newly released EVIL DEAD soundtrack CD from La-La Land Records on Saturday, April 27th at 2:00PM at Dark Delicacies in Burbank.
Roque and Fede will sign additional items, but one of those items must be an EVIL DEAD CD purchased at Dark Delicacies.
For more information, visit www.darkdel.com

https://www.facebook.com/lalalandrecords/posts/489212227813101

• 5 weeks later...

Most of the commentary I've read is along the lines that the score ponders on for a bit for most of the first 2/3s, but then the whole ending is outstanding

It's no different from Super 8, Close Encounters type of meandering really. It's a music with some sense of architecture and development. It's also a major horror score with strong thematic material and one of the few where a composer knows how to use chorus in a proper awesome way. It's a remarkable score and a great album. Definitely the best of 2013 so far. I love it.

Karol

So, you mean, that if there were logical members in the Academy, this should be nominated at the Oscars?

Whether it should be nominated depends on how the music is presented in the film, which I haven't seen. But on purely musical terms, it would be an easy one to nominate, yeah.

Chaac, what other score would you recommend by señor Baños?

Karol

My favourite is Alatriste (2006) for its deeply emotional scope.

More stuff:

Also, 800 balas is an uplifting listen. And apparently No somos nadie and Salomé are good, although I haven't heard outside of a cue from the former.

This is my 3rd fav composer after williams and giacchino.

Lots of great stuff, even if it's for silly spanish comedies.

My favourites:

- Alatriste

- La comunidad

- El corazón del guerrero

- Oxford murders

- Las 13 Rosas

- Sinfonia de Aragón. I just love this piece he composed for a visual doc of my region from Spain (for the 2008 International expo held in the city where i live)

- Salomé

The Torrente films also have good music, specially the 3rd one...

you can check pieces from his score on his official site

http://www.roquebanos.es/intro/

- Sinfonia de Aragón. I just love this piece he composed for a visual doc of my region from Spain (for the 2008 International expo held in the city where i live)

I love how it sounds so peaceful and it incorporates como Aragonese musical idioms into it. And the ending lol

BTW Luke and Chaac, and Neimoidian as well, so how does Evil Dead rank among his other works?

I can't say. I'd say it's his most powerful horror score. But it's hard to compare to other stuff he's done.

Here's a nice interview but it's not in English. He says the director conviced the producers of hiring him by temptracking the film with his music and taht his favourite current composers are Powell and JNH.

• 2 months later...

Love this score! Listened to it several times now. Really really really great stuff! I am gonna have to get more of his stuff stat!