How Do You Plan To Enjoy The Newly Released Jurassic Park Music?

scallenger

Jurassic Park Newly Released Music Presentation Poll  

21 members have voted

1. 1. How will you organize the newly released tracks of Jurassic Park from the iTunes release to enjoy it the most?

• Just listen to it as it is from iTunes. Love the remastered sound and like the new tracks at the end of the original album sequence.
    • Arrange the iTunes release in chronological order as close as I can, adding the new tracks in approximate places WITHOUT editing.
    • Don't like the remastered sound. I am adding the new iTunes tracks to the 1993 OST at the end.
    • Don't like the remastered sound. I am adding the new iTunes tracks to the 1993 OST in chronological order as close as I can, adding the new tracks in approximate places WITHOUT editing.
    • I am making or will obtain a chronological edit, using the entire iTunes release, plus any needed Blu-Ray/DVD rips or mockups to make clean openings/endings.
    • I am making or will obtain a chronological edit, using the 1993 OST and only the iTunes release for the new tracks, plus any needed Blu-Ray/DVD rips or mockups to make clean openings/endings.
    • Other.
  2. 2. Will you include the three remaining cues that are still UNRELEASED, from a Blu-Ray/DVD rip or mockup?

• No. The remaining cues aren't important enough to add, let alone the sound quality difference and/or slight sound effects present.
    • I will add them to the end of my chosen presentation just for the sake of having them.
    • I will have them incorporated into my chronological/close to chronological presentation at the appropriate spots.
    • Other.
  3. 3. I will omit "End Credits", since it is just part of "Welcome To Jurassic Park", and it is redundant.

• Yes.
    • No, I want to keep it where it is.
    • Have as a bonus track.
  4. 4. I will add as a bonus track...

• The "Jurassic Park Theme", since it's arrangement isn't in the main body of the score for a chronlogical edit.
    • "My Friend The Brachiosaurus" concert arrangement from the "Williams On Williams" CD, for it is a lovely performance of the track with added moments.
    • Another re-recording of one of the themes from another source, or other.
    • No other bonus tracks.

As the poll asks, which way do you want to enjoy the newly released music? I for one chose to have a "close to chronological" experience, with no editing, using only the iTunes release. I happen to like it's remastered sound, and actually do like that it is louder overall within tracks because I think the music on the 1993 OST became either too quiet or too loud for my taste. I am still in debate whether or not I want to add the three remaining unreleased cues, because of the obvious sound quality difference. I think I may end up just having them at the end as bonus tracks. I will omit "End Credits" for sure, but of course have "Welcome To Jurassic Park" where it belongs. I will have as a bonus both "Jurassic Park Theme" and "My Friend The Brachiosaurus" from "Williams On Williams". :)

How about you guys?

I will make an edit, using 1993 OST, Itunes, Mockups and DDVD/Blu-rips

I will seperate Welcome to Jurassic Park and End credits.

I will include the Jurassic Park Theme, though I may only use the new opening and ending.

Wow this is truly a poll worthy of Josh500 himself.

And if there is something I know it is that you can't rush through a poll of this magnitude. I'll meditate on this and then give you my answer within a week.

I'll make an edit combining the 1993 OST and the new bonus tracks, in chronological order when possible. I'll include Blu-Ray rips of the unreleased cues, and at the end of my set, I'll present an encore of My Friend the Brachiosaurus, as presented on the Williams on Williams CD.

I shall make an edit combining the 1993 OST (in chronological order when possible) and the new bonus tracks (with some reverb added, volume lowered and equalisation changed to match the 1993 OST), but without using Blu-Ray rips for clean openings and endings. I shall include Blu-Ray rips of the unreleased cues, and at the end of my set I will present an encore of My Friend the Brachiosaurus, as presented on the Williams on Williams CD.

Everybody repeat the pledge! ;)

It won't let me complete the poll because I don't want to add any bonus tracks, but I'll continue to listen to it as sequenced on the release, with bonus tracks at the end.

It won't let me complete the poll because I don't want to add any bonus tracks, but I'll continue to listen to it as sequenced on the release, with bonus tracks at the end.

Fixed poll with added option. :)

My main decision has been whether to include a rip of The Trouble With Dennis. The other two unreleased cues are disposable IMO.

I have what I assume is a 7.1 rip which means very minimal sfx, but somewhat reduced quality. It does 100% satisfy my needs for this score, so I'm likely to keep it.

Otherwise, no Theme from Jurassic Park or End Credits, and all bonus cues except Hungry Raptor (doesn't do anything for me) put into appropriate places.

I'm not adding Blu Ray rips, mock ups...etc..

The beautiful opening of Theme from Jurassic Park is nowhere else in the score so you have to include it

It's like deleting concert versions from Star Wars albums

I'm not adding Blu Ray rips, mock ups...etc..

Say bye-bye to chronological music with true clean openings endings then.

The beautiful opening of Theme from Jurassic Park is nowhere else in the score so you have to include it

Exactly. That's why I also included the "My Friend, The Brachiosaurus" concert arrangement as well, even though it wasn't on the OST. It was still arranged and conducted by Williams, and it does have a different beginning and ending and other flourishes from the film version, so I consider it as part of the whole package. :) I played that track after the end credits, followed by the "Theme" mentioned above. Although I am debating now on putting "Theme" at the beginning like some people here have. I think either way it works as a beginning or end piece.

The issue I have with adding concert versions from different sources is they end up sounding totally different from the score. I personally wouldn't put Boston Pops recordings in with original score/album recordings.

I usually don't like to either, but if it offers something truly new that isn't present in the OST/Film version, for me it's lovely to have. Another good example would be "Parade of the Slave Children" from one of his concert performances for Temple of Doom. I love what he added for it in the beginning and end and the performance itself. The only thing one would need to do for it to really be proper is a volume adjustment, since I'm sure there will be a difference.

The thing is with those 2 albums (Williams Collaboration and Williams on Williams}, I think they should be left as individual compilation albums. Almost everything on there is expanded compared to OST versions.

I'm bummed there was never follow up albums to those. I'm sure it would include the re-tooled Lost World theme and Indy 4 concert versions.

The problem with including concert versions in a score edit is they're usually reprised a fair amount in the score proper, and listening to almost identical variations of the same theme can hurt its emotional impact in the long run. Take JP--there's 3 very similar arrangements of the main theme, which I think can be damaging.

That said, I still voted to include both the concert versions as bonus tracks. In actuality I doubt I'll ever listen to them in the same go as the rest of the score.

Love the cover!

Btw, shouldn't track 12 go before track 10? Also, tracks 21 and 22 should have their order switched. Also missing "Bred Raptors", unless that was intentional in your edit.

Love the cover!

Btw, don't you have tracks 21 and 22 in the wrong order? Should be reversed.

Correct! I must have accidentally reversed them when I did the edit, and never noticed. Also, I don't think so..I mean I'm pretty sure it came before Dennis steals the embryo's.

Also, I don't think so..I mean I'm pretty sure it came before Dennis steals the embryo's.

Hmm... pretty sure "Eye To Eye" (the actual cue, originally titled "Goat Bait", not the entire OST track, as I see you split correctly) was meant to score the scene where everyone is in their tour cars during the day waiting for the rex to arrive, and never shows up, so they move onto the Triceratops.

True, true. :)

For the person who voted "other re-recording" on the bonus track part of the poll, care to elaborate which re-recording beyond "Brachiosaurus" that you are adding, and why?

I'll be doing my own edit, with the goal of it being complete, chronological, and edited as intended for the film. I'll probably be using the iTunes release as my main source (especially if lossless versions become available), but I'll use BD rips and mockups as necessary, and there's a slight chance I'll change my mind and use the OST as my main source. The abridged duplicate track "End Credits" will definitely be omitted, and the edit will likely open with "The Dinosaurs (with Record Intro and Wompi Ending)" as its only real bonus track.

My playlist is sort of a middleground between Thor and Jason. I did a bit of order switching (often times to get things chronological), but I was going only for listening experience:

1. Opening Title

2. Incident at Isla Nublar

3. Journey to the Island

4. Stalling Around

5. History Lesson

6. Jurassic Park Gate

7. The Coming Storm

8. Hatching Baby Raptor

9. Raptor Attack

10. Dennis Steals the Embryo

11. High Wire Stunts

12. Hungry Raptor