BREAKING BAD

Jay

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, I'm actually referring to the Dutch edition. I'm not entirely sure if the US release is the same. The Dutch version has a sturdy outer box, but the individual seasons come in what are basically cardboard sleeves. I had hoped for something more substantial to protect one of my favorite shows.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Not bad at all!!

Houses much smaller than that are going for about $1 million in my area, and that's without the BB fame!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

By the way, forgot to ask, is there any consensus on Better Call Saul here? People watching/enjoying? 

Not to say I want to fall into the trap of "I missed the original's run, but I can still have all the magic with the prequel!" but figuring I'll give it a shot. The prospect of more Mike Ehrmentraut is enough to start, anyway.

It's not as good as Breaking Bad but it's also a totally different show. They're hard to compare.

I will say that it's a slow burner but incredibly rewarding the further in you go.

In terms of writing sophistication and craftsmanship it isn't all that different. The theme of Jimmy and Chuck is a world apart from anything from Breaking Bad though, of course. I would say I prefer BB over Saul, but that's subjective. Objectively, they're both very high end in my view. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/25/2017 at 6:37 PM, mrbellamy said:

Well, another one bites the dust here. Finally decided to start watching this show a month ago,

[snip]

Thanks for posting your thoughts @mrbellamy, I enjoyed reading them!

On 2/26/2017 at 1:24 AM, mrbellamy said:

By the way, forgot to ask, is there any consensus on Better Call Saul here? People watching/enjoying? 

Better Call Saul is nothing short of incredible.  I was super, super sceptical about it; I basically consider Breaking Bad the best show every made, and thought it did not and should not have a prequel.  Well, I should have had faith in Vince Gilligan, because the show completely changed my mind.

Better Call Saul is utterfly fantastic, featuring some of the absolute best writing and acting on TV.  Michael McKean is fantastic everytime, and Rhea Seehorn is playing one of the most interesting characters on TV to perfection.  The show is all about the characters and how their actions affect their relationships, while featuring a pretty darn interesting plot along the way.

While I have a feeling it won't ultimately end up being better than Breaking Bad by the end (who knows, though!), I like it more than I did Breaking Bad at this point in its run.  In other words, while I love Breaking Bad, I didn't at first, and thought Season 1 had some real rough patches (especially the first 3 episodes).  I thought with that show, each season was better than the last until it ended with the best final season, and the best final 3 episodes in television history.  Better Call Saul on the other hand has been spectacular in its first 2 seasons.  I hope Season 3 is just as good and have no reason to expect it not to be!

The writing is incredible, the best thing about it is you really can just never predict where the story is going to go, no matter how much TV you watch.  Vince & co are really experts at that.  Great show!

• 1 year later...

Breaking Bad movie from Vince Gilligan starts shooting this month?

The New Mexico film office told the Journal a film from Sony Pictures with such a title will begin shooting next month. The project is said to track the escape of a kidnapped man and his quest for freedom. The film office did not immediately respond to TheWrap’s request for comment.

???