BREAKING BAD

Jay

I saw the teaser for the TV movie. I suppose I just gotta trust in Vinny to have a really brilliant reason for carrying this on. The bow was already tied so neatly on the series, and it just seems a shame to wrap it up a second time, but we'll see. 

1 hour ago, Quintus said:

I saw the teaser for the TV movie. I suppose I just gotta trust in Vinny to have a really brilliant reason for carrying this on. The bow was already tied so neatly on the series, and it just seems a shame to wrap it up a second time, but we'll see. 

After BCS, I have faith in Gilligan and Gould!

Walter White and his meth addict mate mopping up that melted guy and flushing the remains down the toilet reminded me of that plotline on The Bold and the Beautiful when Ridge had to dispose of Shane's body after he accidentally killed himself because he was in love with Ridge's daughter Phoebe - Detective Baker was soon onto him, but he mistakenly thought Nick murdered Shane and threw his body out to sea.

Fun fact: The entirety of Breaking Bad takes place between September 7th, 2008 (Walter White's 50th birthday) and September 7th, 2010 (Walter White's 52nd birthday)

I think only one time they mess up with an accidental reference to something that happened after 2010 (it's like a news report on the TV mentions capturing Bin Laden or something like that)

4 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

You maintained for years you thought you wouldnt understand it!

I never said that! You lot just keep rubbing my nose in that Serenity shit and use some false logic that just because I found that movie boring and vague, it must mean that I wouldn't understand Breaking Bad, which by the way, I find very easy to follow. The show isn't the complex maze intended only for puzzle masters you all made it out to be.

Well, it's pretty straightforward.  The government wants River because she knows government secrets so they send while Chiwetel Ejiofor to kill her while the rest of the crew protects her from him.  Along the way, they discover the govt had created the Reavers by mistake and that is the secret River knows that the govt wants her dead for.

25 minutes ago, Jay said:

Well, it's pretty straightforward.  The government wants River because she knows government secrets so they send while Chiwetel Ejiofor to kill her while the rest of the crew protects her from him.  Along the way, they discover the govt had created the Reavers by mistake and that is the secret River knows that the govt wants her dead for.

It's not all that compelling and it's buried under a lot of Whedon's fuzziness that I just couldn't get past. Ultimately I just couldn't work out what the point of it all was.

The point was to maintain checks and balances in your government so they don't cause massive problems that can't be undone

It's just a weird, hazy film that doesn't seem sure what it's trying to be. Why it has such a committed following is baffling to me, other than fans of the show were just eternally grateful for any scraps thrown at them. Nice David Newman score though.

13 hours ago, Jay said:

The point was to maintain checks and balances in your government so they don't cause massive problems that can't be undone

That works, but a lot of the time I don't even need a point, or a subtext, to be thoroughly into something, to enjoy it. 

7 hours ago, Quintus said:

That works, but a lot of the time I don't even need a point, or a subtext, to be thoroughly into something, to enjoy it. 

I recall Serenity being solid. Cluttered yes. But a truly earnest attempt to bring some closure on a fine, mishandled show.

Be glad The Orville is out of Fox's hands, Lee!