BREAKING BAD

Jay

Finally watched the trailer.  Wow!  If nothing else this film will LOOK good; I was impressed by a number of extremely nice looking shots.  

I doubt the acting or score will be a problem either.  Here's hoping the script is good!

On the surface, it seems like an awful idea to show us what happens to Jesse after Walt frees him.  That kind of thing is generally just always better left to the imagination.

However, Gilligan and Gould impressed me tremendously when they gave Saul his own series and it turned out amazing, so I have faith that they came up with a good enough idea to make this film worthwhile.  

We'll see!

I’m rewatching this and I forgot just how differently it’s shot compared to Better Call Saul. Has a completely different feel. Lots of hand held camera work.

9 hours ago, Thekthithm said:

And it was shot on film, giving it a certain kind of glow and diffuseness that isn't present in the digitally sharp BCS.

That makes me really happy because the film element is important to the look of BB. The visual inconsistency with BCS bugs me but that's a different style of show so it's not quite Hobbit/LOTR. 

So I'm glad they've reverted to film for a story that follows the film-shot BB, in the same way the Star Wars sequels honoured the format of the OT. 

You misread his post. He wasn't taking about the film. He replied to the post immediately before his, which was about the show. 

On 9/28/2019 at 2:38 PM, Thekthithm said:

And it was shot on film, giving it a certain kind of glow and diffuseness ...

You've seen it on Netflix? BB looks very detailed in 4K HDR.

Someone tell Alex he should try Amazon's HDR stream of The Boys. The image is absolutely dynamite.

It's weird that Amazon provide two different versions of these things though; whereas Netflix just seems to have the one stream, which automatically scales to your TV's capability.

Yea we watched half of Fleabag in normal HD before realizing the 4KHDR version was a different entry you had to click.  Stupid

5 hours ago, Thekthithm said:

He probably hates Breaking Bad now because I love it.

Quintus doesn't mind, as long as it keeps you away from loving The Sopranos.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm watching the movie Friday morning before work, and I have no idea what videos you're talking about

Yes it's funny that Quint constantly yells at people for saying anything remotely adjacent to a spoiler, then thinks its OK to drop a major spoiler here with no tags.  Hypocritical, really.

Edit *sigh*

2 minutes ago, Stefancos said:
  Hide contents

Wait - a new big hint seems to point to Kim Wexler being in this movie??

Fuck dude! Spoiler tag!

1 minute ago, Jay said:

Yes it's funny that Quint constantly yells at people for saying anything remotely adjacent to a spoiler, then thinks its OK to drop a major spoiler here with no tags.  Hypocritical, really.

Stfu moron.

14 minutes ago, Jay said:

He cried like a baby after I spoiled Godzilla for him!

Apparently if he's interested in a media property, if anyone posts anything remotely spoilery he gets to yell at them and decree he will now never watch it. But if he's apprehensive about a media property, he can read and post unmasked spoilers to his heart's content, and that's ok... because... reasons? 

And then gets to tell someone to both shut the fuck up and that he's a moron, after pointing out obvious hypocrisy, also because...? 

I made a post (for the hell of it) that was a response to some SPECULATION I'd noticed online in relation to a just released El Camino cast promo video that is currently trending on YouTube - and you two get your knickers in a right overreactive twist about it. Fuckin' yawn. I mean seriously, I could not be any more bored by Jason LeBlanc at this stage.

But anyway, better stay away from all future trailers for absolutely anything guys, if you want to be really safe out there!

You're essentially saying that revealing an unannounced returning cast member in a continuation movie is not a spoiler, but revealing that Bryan Cranston plays a minor character who isn't in the whole Godzilla movie is, selectively choosing what makes a spoiler and what doesn't instead of being kind and wrapping both in spoiler tags.

Your logic for the purposes of digging in never ceases to amaze me btw.

What you're saying, all of a sudden, is that all those thousands of pages worth of threads here... the Game of Thrones ones, the Star Wars ones, the Star Trek ones, the Harry Potter ones, etc etc... in which fans SPECULATE what might happen next in their favourite stuff, is, for all intents and purposes, a fucking spoiler(!) - potentially ruining some fuckin' next instalment or sequel for others occupying the forum.

I mean, fucking LOL.

I can suddenly understand why Mattris was ASSAULTED here. He dared... to speculate.

Jason: learn the difference between actual plot twist spoilers and simple speculation. Then bore off with your findings, ta.

You are one interesting individual.  At least I can discuss things calmly back and forth without resorting to telling people to shut the fuck up, or that they are a moron.  I don't think you come across very well here to anyone reading this thread.

30 minutes ago, Jay said:

You are one interesting individual.  At least I can discuss things calmly back and forth without resorting to telling people to shut the fuck up, or that they are a moron.  I don't think you look very well here to anyone reading this thread.

I'm guessing you think I'm figuratively yelling again. Like, I'm literally enraged or something, heh heh. Jay, I lace my speak with curse words in real life, it's a part of my local diaect. I just swear a lot. You read a lot into it, that's fine.

I'm actually beginning to get into this, because it's turning into something reasonably entertaining to me. You up for it? I am.

Mind you, You have shown a talent for misinterpretation many times, after all. For yeeeeeears, and just today, funnily enough.

5 hours ago, Quintus said:

Whenever people say anything like this to me it's literally a spoiler, thanks.

Apparently the above post is proof of my yelling at someone and losing my shit, in Jason's zany world (I've seen the dickie bows).

30 minutes ago, Jay said:

You are one interesting individual. 

Yes, it must be very annoying.

I know you are being sarcastic, but you absolutely have misinterpreted things I've posted in the past, for sure, and when i tried to explain what you interpreted wrong, you ignored me on purpose, so no, I have no interest whatsoever in arguing with you at all.  I'm sure you can find plenty of places on the internet to argue with someone.  Good luck!

And I am certain I have never insulted you or called you any names, and I don't think anyone would think you were justified in doing so here today, either.

43 minutes ago, Gruesome Son of a Bitch said:

Gentlemen...please.

As if you're not loving it.

29 minutes ago, Jay said:

when i tried to explain what you interpreted wrong, you ignored me on purpose

You mean like earlier when you thought you'd gotten away with wriggling yourself out of answering my retort above, in which I listed all of the franchise threads here which are utterly loaded with dangerous and abominable speculation and fan theory? Of course you promptly switched it up, choosing instead to shift to my character. A classic deflection. But I spotted the maneuvering, don't you worry. 

You can't kid a kidder, Jay.

Good luck!

Thanks! 

Spoiler or no spoiler, I'm looking forward to the Netflix film on Friday. I had kinda forgotten they were doing this, and I was just reminded of it when I clicked "What's Coming" on  https://no.flixable.com/. Should satisfy some BB needs while we wait for the next season of BETTER CALL SAUL.