BREAKING BAD

Jay

And did you watch it after the TV series?

9 minutes ago, mstrox said:

Firefly is overrated 

What didn't you like about it?

12 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

And did you watch it after the TV series?

I watched the movie first, dismissed my misgivings as having not seen the TV series. Then later I binged the series and movie together on blue laser and was annoyed that not only the same frustrations persisted, some things were even worse! The series and the movie don't really bridge together seamlessly, rather it feels like the movie just starts out doing its own thing. I'm amazed it's the same bloody writer/director.

2 hours ago, Jay said:

Well it has no fantasy, sci-fi, or romance aspects at all.  It's largely about a high school science who turns 50 and finds out that his wife is pregnant and that he has cancer.  He gets worried about his family not having enough money so he ends up cooking crystal meth with a former student of his who is now in his 20s, and from there they get more and more into the criminal world as they need to find dealers to distribute it, then people higher up in the drug cartels want to being selling his meth because it's better than theirs, and things keep getting worse from there.  And then there are side stories largely all about various criminals, but also about some people including his brother in law trying to bring the cartel members and our "heroes" to justice.

It's a terrific show with amazing writing and many scenes of great tension and character development and interaction

You actually went to the effort of typing this up unironically to Drax. I don't know whether to say bravo or to laugh.

2 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

What didn't you like about it?

I actually liked it.  I think it was a fine space adventure, but didn't like it so much that, had I watched it at the time instead of later on DVD, I would have given more than a shrug to the cancellation.  The cry for a movie, and the ongoing rabid fanbase, I'll never understand.  I thought the movie just kind of sucked - I recall it having a completely different, more cynical feel than the TV show, and can't give you more than that, because it's been years.

3 hours ago, Jay said:

It's probably the best television show I've ever seen

Except maybe the Wire. Or Star Trek or I Love Lucy or dozens of shows.

We all have different valid opinions on what we prefer Joe.  And yes I get the reference to Family Guy you are using for the umpteenth time

5 hours ago, Jay said:

We all have different valid opinions on what we prefer Joe.  And yes I get the reference to Family Guy you are using for the umpteenth time

Cool you should try and count the many times. I could have also used the Big Bang reference to firefly. 

10 hours ago, mstrox said:

I actually liked it.  I think it was a fine space adventure, but didn't like it so much that, had I watched it at the time instead of later on DVD, I would have given more than a shrug to the cancellation.  The cry for a movie, and the ongoing rabid fanbase, I'll never understand.

Oh, I agree. It's a fine show, but I wouldn't build a shrine for it. 

10 hours ago, mstrox said:

I thought the movie just kind of sucked - I recall it having a completely different, more cynical feel than the TV show, and can't give you more than that, because it's been years.

More dark and disturbing for the theatre audience.

No diss on Godzilla, but I'm surprised they're doing another sequel.  I was under the impression that Godzilla KOTM tanked, but I just checked and wasn't aware of the non-US box office success.

Godzilla vs Kong had already finished filming before KOTM was in theaters.  It opens 9 months from now

Neat!

1 minute ago, The Original said:

What Jay said. Doesn't anyone else follow these movies??

I don't.  I've seen two Godzilla movies (1998 and Gareth Edwards') and didn't care for either.

The low (domestic) take of KOTM could affect whatever movie they had planned to be next after Vs, of course

If we know studios well enough by now, they'll take away from the post budget of Kong to make it worse but minimise the loss on paper and in their dumb heads.

KOTM wasn't the only movie that underperformed this blockbuster season. Fortunately it did better than a few others. It's not a problem with the movie itself, rather it's an industry-wide problem with too many ultra expensive franchise flicks all crowded together and a crippling inability to compete with Disney behemoths.

They like him, but they sort of snicker at the idea too; the concept struggles to get past memories of bad dubbing, rubber suits and Power Rangers style visuals. He doesn't have the x-Tremmmme attitude of a human hero that Americans crave, like Tony Stark, etc.

On 6/26/2019 at 10:13 AM, Jay said:

So are Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul teasing a Breaking Bad reunion here, or is this gonna end up being some kind of joke?

More teasing:

On 6/26/2019 at 10:13 AM, Jay said:

So are Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul teasing a Breaking Bad reunion here, or is this gonna end up being some kind of joke?

On 7/2/2019 at 11:13 PM, Jay said:

More teasing:

Aaaaand it was just tequila after all :(

Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul Team Up for New Mezcal Company

• 1 month later...