Brian Tyler's Iron Man 3

BLUMENKOHL

Samples are up:

http://www.amazon.es/Iron-Man-3/dp/B00CC1LEDW

Interesting. Sounds like a Hollywood blockbuster score (surprise?). But at least Brian Tyler has chops and does it a little more intelligently and interestingly than most. I like the track "Isolation"

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5ycLdcR-3g

Sounds pretty cool! I'm not usually into this kind of thing, but sounds a little James Bond-y, and I like that. I'm thinking Brian Tyler could do a pretty damn good job for a James Bond movie based on this.

That sounds more like what the actual thing should be than anything from the other two scores. Maybe still not quite there, but I find it hilarious that it took them this long to discover the character's best musical identity. Although Debney's Monaco suit up "RC Poledouris" moment was cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5ycLdcR-3g

Sounds pretty cool! I'm not usually into this kind of thing, but sounds a little James Bond-y, and I like that. I'm thinking Brian Tyler could do a pretty damn good job for a James Bond movie based on this.

James Bond-like sounds made an appearance already in the previous score.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3c8QhwapdI

Karol

yeah, weird! I'm seeing it on thursday though so hopefully it'll be available after that :)

It's on YouTube if it doesn't appear on Spotify soon.

I'm liking what I hear so far. Tyler seems to approach it like Alan Silvestri did for The Avengers, with a dash of Debney's choir usage from IM2, and not much electric guitar (which is a good thing).

It sounds like an updated 80-ies score...

Still I regard Tyler one of the most talented composers of the younger generation.

The style I don't mind, nah; the uninteresting melody is what let's it down for me.

I dunno, score after score, it's just one weak melody after another. All the good ones must have been used up.

Salacius, I don't understand what your hate on that track. That's precisely the one that trie to deviate from the dull pop-rock environment of today's scores into other influences. And it's a lot of fun!

By the way, a manga doesn't have a score. It's a book with pictures.

The style I don't mind, nah; the uninteresting melody is what let's down for me.

I dunno, score after score, it's just one weak melody after another. All the good ones must have been used up.

Yeah it is a weak theme. It sounds like a couple of his/RC themes badly stitched together and painted over with some retro sound to make it slightly cooler. It's probably better than the previous two. The one from previous score didn't convince me either. The first line of it is lame as fuck. It is only saved by Silvestri-esque resolution.

Karol

The style I don't mind, nah; the uninteresting melody is what let's it down for me.

It's not even so much the melody as the harmonies. Today's scores need some more chromaticism. Any bland melody can be turned into something interesting with witty progressions.

Saw the film last night. It's good but was kind of ruined by the very weak sound at the cinema. I don't remember much about the music except for thinking the music for the music for the villains bore more than a passing resemblance to Dies Irae. Anyone else notice?

Film is good, soundtrack is forgettable. Sounds very much similar to his Battle: Los Angeles score in numerous places, although I think Tyler has developed a formula for these type of action films which causes them to sound alike. I still maintain his best action score yet is Eagle Eye.

Film is good, soundtrack is forgettable. Sounds very much similar to his Battle: Los Angeles score in numerous places, although I think Tyler has developed a formula for these type of action films which causes them to sound alike. I still maintain his best action score yet is Eagle Eye.

I still think his best score is Timeline.

OWNED!

Manga, anime, whatever, both are badly drawn.

The music was wonderful in the movie. It actually wasn't wall-to-wall, so when the theme came in it really had impact.

Granted the sound in our theater is also amazing. I want that system to listen to music on. It would shorten by ears shelf life down to 5 more years at best though.

I agree with Blumenkohl. The score sounds fantastic in surround sound, especially with the exotic percussion cleverly going to town in the back speakers while the strings and brass occupy the front.

I really enjoyed Tyler's score. He definitely took a cue from Silvestri's The Avengers in terms of orchestration and arrangement. The "Can You Dig It" track actually plays over the end credit titles... it fits the visuals to a T.

I found much more interesting and exciting than the monotonous Battle: L.A.... definitely buying this.

OWNED!

Manga, anime, whatever, both are badly drawn.

That is so racist.

Japanese animation is superb.

And far superior to most animation around the world.

If you're solely referring to Studio Ghibli's output, then yes... it's uniformly excellent. I do have a problem with regular anime, the animation is usually too jerky and simplistic. I do enjoy the bloody action Ninja Scroll offers up, as well as the story driving Ghost in the Shell. The animation on both could be much smoother or more consistently aesthetic.

Japanese animation is superb.

And far superior to most animation around the world.

If you're solely referring to Studio Ghibli's output, then yes... it's uniformly excellent. I do have a problem with regular anime, the animation is usually too jerky and simplistic. I do enjoy the bloody action Ninja Scroll offers up, as well as the story driving Ghost in the Shell. The animation on both could be much smoother or more consistently aesthetic.

Also the animation (and the manga it's derived from) of Full Metal Alchemist & Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood are top notch with great story line.