John Williams' ROSEWOOD (1997) - 2013 2CD Expanded Edition from La-La Land Records

filmmusic

I haven't seen anything about quantities. Is this an unlimited release? It would be nice to buy this at my leisure rather than the usual mad scramble the minute it becomes abailable to ensure getting a copy.

ROSEWOOD - 2 CD SET
MUSIC BY JOHN WILLIAMS
LLLCD 1244
LIMITED EDITION OF 3500 UNITS
RETAIL PRICE: $24.98
PRODUCED BY MIKE MATESSINO AND DIDIER C DEUTSCH
MASTERED BY MIKE MATESSINO
LINER NOTES BY MIKE MATESSINO
ART DIRECTION BY DAN GOLDWASSER
La-La Land Records, Sony Music and Warner Bros Pictures are proud to announce the definitive release of John William's lush and hauntingly beautiful score to the 1997 John Singleton film ROSEWOOD. This epic 2 cd set features the intrumental score on Disc 1 and the original motion picture soundtrack on disc 2. Remastered and massively expanded, this fantastic score gets the deluxe treatment with in-depth liner notes by Mike Matessino and gorgeous art direction by Dan Goldwasser.
This title goes on sale next Tuesday May 21 at 1 pm pst
This will be the ONLY title up for sale that day. Charmed has been delayed until June 18 (waiting on Mr Robinson to get back in town to sign the booklets).
See y'all next week!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151689326538755&set=a.181243738754.155532.56031953754&type=1

Still it seems very difficult to correctly gauge the popularity of a limited release. Of course the larger pressings last longer. I don't think any of the 10 000 unit releases like Black Sunday have sold out. Also the small pressing fuels buying frenzy when dedicated fans of a composer flock to buy it immediately instead of waiting in fear of not being able get it in time. Space Camp is one of those as was The Long Goodbye.

My guess is that 3500 for Rosewood will last for a good while.

I am still amazed that Hook hasn't sold out.

Me too! I thought it would only last a few months.

I think it if it was released just a few years earlier it would have sold out sooner. But nowadays there are just SO MANY new releases EVERY SINGLE month, people have a hard time keeping up and have to pass on some

Me too! I thought it would only last a few months.

I think it if it was released just a few years earlier it would have sold out sooner. But nowadays there are just SO MANY new releases EVERY SINGLE month, people have a hard time keeping up and have to pass on some

Yeah the saturation of the market of which e.g. Lukas Kendall has talked about has really affected the film music collecting.

I think the pros outweigh the cons. Because even though many people can't afford to own all the physical CDs coming out, all this great music is being properly restored and archived by professional experts, and will live on forever in digital form. I think we are not far from all these sold out limited edition CDs showing up for legal purchase on online music stores. Some of them already have.

I think the pros outweigh the cons. Because even though many people can't afford to own all the physical CDs coming out, all this great music is being properly restored and archived by professional experts, and will live on forever in digital form. I think we are not far from all these sold out limited edition CDs showing up for legal purchase on online music stores. Some of them already have.

Oh I agree. Pros definitely outweigh the cons. Especially the film music preservation stand point is historically important. :)

Of course, I can say this as someone with enough disposable income to get any of the LE CDs that come out that I want. 10 years ago when I had less money, if the market was then what it is now I would have been complaining more :P

The pros definitely outweigh the cons for the consumer, it's more the businesses that Kendall was talking about. Although labels are incentivized to release CDs in smaller units (ie 1000) to encourage people to buy them, so that could be a pretty big con depending on the consumer/release.

Right. I'm not surprised at all that Lukas shut down FSM, and I wouldn't be surprised if more than one of the other current labels is closed within the next 5 years.

On top of everything else, the well is drying up - there are less and less scores remaining unreleased all the time. Between the 7 film music specialty labels, there are probably 200 score releases a year!

Right. I'm not surprised at all that Lukas shut down FSM, and I wouldn't be surprised if more than one of the other current labels is closed within the next 5 years.

On top of everything else, the well is drying up - there are less and less scores remaining unreleased all the time. Between the 7 film music specialty labels, there are probably 200 score releases a year!

And still, there will be some that won't see the light of the day...Psycho

And still, there will be some that won't see the light of the day...Psycho

And some scores are simply and sadly lost.

Just under 6 hours until this goes on sale! Here's the official blurb from LLL's mailer

ROSEWOOD: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET) LLLCD 1244

Music by John Williams
Limited Edition of 3500 Units

STARTS SHIPPING MAY 28th

ORDER “ROSEWOOD: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET)” starting May 21st at 12pm PST at www.lalalandrecords.com

rosewood-Web.jpg

La-La Land Records, Sony Music and Warner Bros. present the first expanded and remastered release in a special line of titles celebrating the 90th Anniversary of Warner Bros. -- John Williams’ original motion score to the acclaimed 1997 Warner Bros. feature film ROSEWOOD, starring Jon Voight, Ving Rhames and Don Cheadle, and directed by John Singleton. Mr. Williams’ work here is a wonder – a hauntingly beautiful fusion of blues, jazz, gospel and traditional film scoring that is as deftly subtle as it is powerful. Greatly expanded from its initial soundtrack album, this is the definitive release of the ROSEWOOD score, featuring the instrumental score on Disc 1 and the remastered original 1997 motion picture soundtrack on Disc 2. Produced by Mike Matessino and Didier C. Deutsch, and mastered by Mike Matessino, this special release is limited to 3500 units and features exclusive in-depth liner notes by film music writer Jeff Bond.

TRACK LISTING:

DISC 1: THE INSTRUMENTAL SCORE
1. Rosewood 2:21
2. The Town of Sumner 2:10
3. The Arrival of Mann 2:18
4. Mann Goes Shopping/Mann Meets Scrappie 2:38
5. Prayers at Dinner/The Wrights/War Drums 3:53
6. Scrappie and Mann Bond/The Beating 5:41
7. False Accusation 3:22
8. The Lie/Arresting Aaron 3:43
9. Roughing up Aaron/Aaron in Jail 2:55
10. Sam’s Murder 2:38
11. Discovering Sam’s Body/Mann’s First Exit 2:01
12. Exchanging Gifts/Cracker Mob 2:44
13. Sarah is Shot/Attack on the House 3:51
14. Kids to the Woods/The House Burns 3:07
15. The Fire/Fanny’s Guilt 3:12
16. The Klan Gathers/Wright’s Decision/The Crackers Gather 4:19
17. Mann Rescues the Kids 5:03
18. Hide the Man, John/Wright’s Dilemma/We Meet at Eight 3:51
19. Mann Leads the Group 1:02
20. Crossing the Road 2:02
21. The Capture of Mann/Mann’s Great Escape 3:53
22. Burning Town/Sylvester Joins the Group 3:48
23. After the Fire 4:27
24. End Titles 3:11
Total Disc Time: 78:12

DISC 2: 1997 SOUNDTRACK ALBUM
1. Rosewood 3:36
2. Look Down, Lord 2:13
3. The Hounds of Sumner 1:50
4. Healing 4:09
5. Light My Way 3:44
6. Trouble in Town 3:16
7. Aunt Sarah’s Death 3:18
8. After the Fire 3:38
9. The Town of Sumner 2:36
10. The Town Burns 4:21
11. Scrappie and Mann Bond 4:14
12. The Freedom Train 1:53
13. False Accusation 3:19
14. Mann at Rosewood 3:14
15. Look Down, Lord (Reprise and Finale) 4:13
Total Disc Time: 49:35
Total Album Time: 127:47

© 2013 La-La Land Records. All Rights Reserved.

And be sure to take advantage of their new sale also starting in 6 hours, and runs until June 4th!

THE LA-LA LAND “DADS AND GRADS MEMORIAL DAY
SUMMER SPECTACULAR!” (That oughta cover it!)

Celebrate summer’s kickoff with us
by taking 20% OFF YOUR ENTIRE ORDER.
Simply enter the coupon code
JWROCKS
at checkout and you’ll save 20% off of your entire order. We won’t be having another site-wide, across-the-board offer like this for a long time, so act now and save big! Sale starts at 12pm (PST) on 5/21 and runs until 11:50am (PST) on 6/4. Only at www.lalalandrecords.com

Neat! :) I am definitely ordering from LLL this time!

20% off of $24.98 will make it $19.98

It will be $24.98 at all the other retailers.

I am thinking of bundling Rosewood with The Fury. :)

Where do I put the discount code on when paying with Paypal? This is the first time I am using it on LLL site.

EDIT: OK I got it. Not too complex, even for me. :P

Where do I put the discount code on when paying with Paypal? This is the first time I am using it on LLL site.

jwrocks.png

Worked for me:

20off.png

Btw this album will ship on 28th of May.

Judging by the clips I would wager that the actual score on CD 1 will be somewhat a revelation in comparison with the OST.

Ordered!

Rosewood LLLCD1244 1 24.98
FIRST KNIGHT LLLCD1168 1 29.98
Bad Girls LLLCD1169 1 19.98
GREYSTOKE LLLCD1144 1 15.98
Subtotal 90.92
Coupon discount (jwrocks) -18.18
Subtotal 72.74
Shipping 9.00
Tax 0.00
Total 81.74

Btw this album will ship on 28th of May.

Judging by the clips I would wager that the actual score on CD 1 will be somewhat a revelation in comparison with the OST.

Yea, I posted so this morning :)

ROSEWOOD: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET) LLLCD 1244

Music by John Williams

Limited Edition of 3500 Units

STARTS SHIPPING MAY 28th

Heh sorry Jason. I was too excited to order to notice such obvious things. :P

And this purchase concludes my May JW binge.

It'll still probably arrive before Heidi for me :)

I ordered a couple of CDs from Amazon.UK and SAE at the same time and funnily enough the SAE package arrived first. Let's hope LLL delivery is equally fast.

Ordered as well.

As for the design, very nice work, going by the samples. Though I would have made some other choices... but that's just me.

i don't like at all the WB logo.

it makes it look like a Christmas wrapping or something..

Well you can't blame Dan Goldwasser, Warm Butter Designs, or La-La Land for the WB logo being there. You can only blame WB themselves.

Quite frankly I'd rather have a series of WB releases come out this year in honor of their 90th anniversary with a goofy logo on the CD covers, than no WB releases at all.

Think about all the great WB movies that haven't had expanded scores yet... there's quite a few juicy ones!