Your favorite John Williams pictures

Sandor

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Sunny said:

Those older pictures are family pictures that Adams found on 

personal family accounts. 

Which means that he must have been given access to them. Which again means that he must be working on some kind of book. I can't see any other reason why or how.

2 hours ago, Stefancos said:

Thor, is there any truth to the rumor that Williams once owned an appartment in London?

Yes. 4 Privet Drive.

(God, I can't believe I made that geek joke).

Awww two unassuming looking fellows who are responsible for so much beautiful and exciting music! Bless them! :)

Here is a transcript of the discussion between Williams and Morricone:

Morricone: "You know, we're sitting here you and I like a couple of regular fellas.  You do what you do, and I do what I gotta do.  Now that we've been face to face if I'm there and I gotta put you away I won't like it.  But, I tell you, if it's between you and some poor bastard whose wife you're gonna turn into the wife of an Oscar loser...brother...you are going down."

Williams: "There's a flip side to that coin.  What if you do got me boxed in and I gotta put you down?  Because no matter what...you won't get in my way.  We've been face to face, yeah.  But I will not hesitate.  Not for a second."

Apparently it was all very pleasant and cordial.

Another couple of lovely pics from yesterday SCL Oscar reception:

12141659_1029188163791847_28180439979904

12794366_1029188223791841_40978501762574

It's like having Schoenberg and Stravinsky pictured talking together (or Brahms and Schumann, or Mahler and Strauss...) :)

3 hours ago, Quintus said:

I'm just wondering if he and Williams were actually able to converse. 

Morricone doesn't speak any English. The guy besides him in the pics is his son Giovanni, who is likely acting as interpreter for him.

6 hours ago, Mr. Big said:

Here are a couple of videos of the event

JW made a great Morricone joke. I guess it's true, he really does have a great sense of humor. That's what everyone says about him but we rarely get to see it. 

2 hours ago, Quintus said:

He's singing China in Your Hand by T'Pau. 

Ha, ha...yeah, taken -- appropriately -- from their album BRIDGE OF SPIES (in case people didn't get that reference).

On 08/06/2013 at 9:10 AM, chuckster312 said:

john-williams-empire-portrait.jpg

"If anything happens to me or my family. . .an accident, an accusation, anything. . .then, first, your son will disappear. His body will never be found. Then your wife. Her body will never be found either. Now, this is guaranteed. Then whatever is the most dangerous thing that you do in your life. . .it might be flying in a small plane. . .it might be walking to the bank. . .you’ll be killed. Understand what I’m saying? I want you to acknowledge that you understand so that we’re clear and there won’t be any mistakes" ~ John

I see the mob has changed violin cases to baton cases with ribbons. How deceptively sweet.

4 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Williams stuffed all the way in the back!

For protection. Other composers are willing to take a bullet for him.

9 hours ago, Incanus said:

For protection. Other composers are willing to take a bullet for him.

Not one from the background though. I seek a veritable human testudo for Mr Williams.

Unti lthat day, none of us can truly rest. 

Someone should make a screen grab of the moment Morricone and Williams hugs (after Morricone's victory) -- if they can get a high quality pic out of it. Would have been one for the times!

• 2 months later...

I went through my archives and I’ve rediscovered 2 pictures from 2010 that might interest the community here on JWFan. It’s from the public practice session in Fort Worth. My aunt is a violinist of the FWSO, she took these pictures from her point of view (I had the pleasure of attending too, basically it was nearly the sole reason I went to the States :D). She was sceptical about him at first, because she had her share of divas over the year, but she was completely overwhelmed by him after the experience, and I mean positively. Hope you enjoy these pictures :)

IMG_0918.jpg

IMG_0923.jpg