Your favorite John Williams pictures

Sandor

Just saw that old picture posted back in January on the previous page of this thread with JW working on Jurassic Park. Incredible photo!! Maybe my favorite all-time of him. Really makes you feel like you're right there with him as he works. Quality isn't great, unfortunately, but regardless I just added it to my laptop homepage wallpaper. 

On 8/10/2018 at 7:38 AM, theMaestraX said:

Rebel Alliance Meet....:)

John_Williams_Mark_Hamill.png

Love seeing this picture, especially how, during concerts, he loves to refer to them (and Carrie Fisher) and "those kids" in the Star Wars movie.  They're all old men now!  Make you truly realize just how long the Star Wars phenomenon has been going on.  What a great run!

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of that photo, I've always wondered if Lionel "Vinyl" Williams -- JW's grandson -- is named after Lionel Newman. What with JW's connection to Lionel and the other Newmans.

1 hour ago, Stefancos said:

Do we know if Mark was close to Lionel?

No idea, but I wouldn't be surprised if Lionel Newman was a close family friend; probably the closest of the Newmans. I've seen a few 'informal photos' of Williams and Lionel like the one above. I think there's one from London(?) too, with cigars in mouth. Perhaps he was like a great uncle to Mark, so much so that he wanted to name his son after him. But hey, Lionel is not that unusual. He could have been named after anyone and no one.

3 minutes ago, Thor said:

No idea, but I wouldn't be surprised if Lionel Newman was a close family friend; probably the closest of the Newmans. I've seen a few 'informal photos' of Williams and Lionel like the one above. I think there's one from London(?) too, with cigars in mouth. Perhaps he was like a great uncle to Mark, so much so that he wanted to name his son after him. But hey, Lionel is not that unusual. He could have been named after anyone and no one.

It would make sense.  Lionel was the director overseeing all music for 20th Century Fox television productions in the 60s I think.  Lost in Space, Land of the Giants, Time Tunnel, and others were all made at Fox.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...

The Cook, the Thief, His Wife & Her Lover

Gotta love that transparent turtleneck, btw.

1 hour ago, Kühni said:

Huh, this is the first time I've seen a photo of JW and HanZ together...

9a4l19kvuai21.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

Similar clothing style, similar baldness pattern... :P

JW: Here's looking at you, kid.

HZ: I'm your number one fan...

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Darth Mulder said:

There is any photos of John Williams with Clint Eastwood?? Not necessary from production of The Eiger Sanction.

Good question. I can't remember having seen any. Maybe some have. I don't believe Eastwood was in the audience when Morricone received his Oscar for THE HATEFUL EIGHT (but Williams was). But he introduced him for the honorary award earlier (but I don't know if Williams was in the audience then).