Missouri Breaks 2CD Complete Score (SOLD OUT in 72 hours!)

Jay

Came one step closer to opening mine up - I opened the box it came in and took it out :)

The shrinkwrap might come off later today...

I never received a shipping email from Kritz, though my CD arrived last Friday or Saturday or something here in MA.

I never received a shipping email from Kritz, though my CD arrived last Friday or Saturday or something here in MA.

You could have just said sometime end of last week, lol. :P

You tease.

I ordered mine directly from Kritzerland day of, but haven't received it or an email. Hmm.

I guess I'll say it again - we don't do shipping e-mails. Once more - we don't do shipping e-mails. We are not a retail store and are not set up to do so. All CDs are shipped the same day. Of course, you neglect to say whether you're in the US or overseas - if overseas it's really not time to start fretting yet and won't be for several weeks. If you're worried about something you can always drop us a line. We have tracking information on every package we ship.

As to Jason, you post and post about when your disc will arrive, you get it, and you don't even open it. A head scratcher, for sure. :)

Jason is weird that way!

Hey it is much more comforting to know that the CD is in a pile with 100 others at your house than god knows where in the hands of the post officials.

:)

Listened to the score again. It's very good indeed. OST is a somewhat different experience, though. Not sure what to think of all these pop-like arrangements.

Karol

You tease.

I ordered mine directly from Kritzerland day of, but haven't received it or an email. Hmm.

I guess I'll say it again - we don't do shipping e-mails. Once more - we don't do shipping e-mails. We are not a retail store and are not set up to do so. All CDs are shipped the same day. Of course, you neglect to say whether you're in the US or overseas - if overseas it's really not time to start fretting yet and won't be for several weeks. If you're worried about something you can always drop us a line. We have tracking information on every package we ship.

As to Jason, you post and post about when your disc will arrive, you get it, and you don't even open it. A head scratcher, for sure. :)

Thanks for the idea, but I just naturally received an update as a matter of coincidence. For reasons unknown, the album was returned to you, so it was resent to me. I received the email with tracking number yesterday, I believe. Pennsylvania. Now you probably know my real identity.

You tease.

Thanks for the idea, but I just naturally received an update as a matter of coincidence. For reasons unknown, the album was returned to you, so it was resent to me. I received the email with tracking number yesterday, I believe. Pennsylvania. Now you probably know my real identity.

I may know your real identity but what's so bad about that?

Not a thing. I was just being facetious. I appreciate the offer and steps taken to get the package resubmitted. :-)

And I thought you were genuinely lamenting the lost chance to become a superhero vigilante as your identity was revealed.

In other news my copy arrived today and I am just listening to the film tracks. :)

Wow! In 72 hours, huh? Should I regret my decision not to get this?

Depends on how much do you like John Williams' very small scale rural Americana with rather unorthodox and sparse orchestrations for guitar, harmonica, harpsichord, electric bass, pianos and percussion (spoons included!). Have you heard the OST before? The film tracks are close to that but a bit less full bodied in sound, the feel more rugged and less polished.

• 3 weeks later...

I listened now to the complete score on disc 1 and find it a fascinating recording which is an important step in Williams musical development. One hears traces of Jane Eyre in the suspense music with the chromatic harpsichord motiv, some family plot, too. The more lively country-like tracks are precursors of LInclon, getting out the vote. And of course Rosewood would revisit this sound world, but with a larger orchestra. I would like to know which instruments were used, especially the howling sound in the right channel. Is it a kind of giant bass harmonica?

• 3 years later...

Heads up: if you act FAST, you might be able to snag a new and sealed copy of the Kritzerland album at its original price! Bruce K. apparently found some additional copies while cleaning out some old boxes, and has put them up for sale through his Amazon store. Click here and look for copies sold by "whitesheik" ... just don't expect them to last very long!

• 3 months later...
4 minutes ago, Thor said:

If the 2CD set becomes difficult to find, the ol' Rykodisc (a GREAT disc, btw) should become EASIER to find in the secondhand market.

Do not try to tempt Bespin away from the purer faith, the path of C&C Thor!

It's not difficult to find; It's available for $19.99 in the link right above Bespin's post.  Also, the entire program from the old release is available on one of the discs of the new release, of course.

3 minutes ago, crocodile said:

Think you can only order that one if you live in the US. It won't ship to Europe. Unless someone could buy it for Bespin and send it over.

Karol

Bespin I believe lives in Canada.

2 minutes ago, crocodile said:

If he does then it might work for him.

Wait... Cloud City hovers above Canada?

Karol

I am sure he is hovering very good naturedly there.

Sorry, I thought that the last post on this thread was also 2013!

Indeed, the CD is still available on amazon.com, thanks!

3 minutes ago, Jay said:

The seller is Bruce Kimmel of Kritzerland.  Try emailing him and ask if he'll make an exception

Already done, I'm waiting for his answer :-)

Ordered too. Thanks for the heads-up Jay.

I used a mail forwarding company a few months ago for another seller who would only ship to the US. Used them again for this to forward the album to Ireland

7 hours ago, Selina Kyle said:

Yeah, I was really clamoring for this one. Who needs those silly dinosaur and shark scores when you've got a 2-disc The Missouri Breaks?

Nice to see so much love for this score! :) 

It's an album I really didn't like at first.

I must say that normally, It's by loving the album, that I then discover the score.

But in the Missouri Breaks case, I loved the score first, then I discovered the album.

But I think I still prefer the score, that's rare in my case.

2 minutes ago, Bespin said:

It's an album I really didn't like at first.

I must say that normally, It's by loving the album, that I then discover the score.

But in the Missouri Breaks case, I loved the score first, then I discovered the album.

But I think I still prefer the score, that's rare in my case.

An interesting way of looking at things.

Long may you have an original ear.