Missouri Breaks 2CD Complete Score (SOLD OUT in 72 hours!)

Jay

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question:

I have a PAL dvd of this film.

But the pitch of the music is the exact same with the pitch on the cd.

Shouldn't it be one semitone higher?

Or the cd pitch is wrong?

(although I can't swear about the tempo that it's the same)

1 hour ago, Brundlefly said:

The pitch of the music on the DVD was maybe corrected.

Yes, I found some posts in various forums that say sometimes in the PAL conversion while the speed changes they retain the pitch of the audio.

• 2 years later...
On 5/8/2013 at 2:53 PM, Thor said:

You all know what I think about expanded releases, so I'm not going to repeat it, but yeah -- underrated score that isn't often talked about. If memory serves, there isn't a lot of interesting music that was left off the original release, mostly meandering suspense music and the like. But it's been a while since I saw the film. So I'm curious if this will satisfy even those who always crave C&C.Time will tell.

At this point, I would really, really like to see a previously unreleased Williams score, not just endless expansions. When was the last time we got that?

This is exactly why we had the ejector seat installed at the NBC screening room for our 2018 London gathering. Shame we never got to use it! :-) 

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, Jay said:

Bruce Kimmel has revealed that despite the sold out status, he has 20 remaining copies he'll sell to you for $20

Posted:      Jan 5, 2023 - 5:00 PM
By:      haineshisway   (Member)

We have around twenty in our stash - regular price of 19.98. Just e me at kritzerland at gmail if you want one.

https://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=97227&forumID=1&archive=0

Thanks for the tip. I've crossed my fingers and sent Bruce an email.

7 hours ago, Andy said:

It’s a really nice score giving Williams a chance to show off his “songwriting”.  Some very catchy melodies here.   Don’t miss this if you don’t have it. 

Just ripping a copy I bought from Chris Soundtrack Corner yesterday. I really seem to enjoy those earlier works like Jane Eyre or Monsignor. Can't wait to dig into this one!

On 8/5/2013 at 7:53 AM, Thor said:

You all know what I think about expanded releases

12 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Tell us!

It’s been 10 years since he posted that. Maybe he’s changed his mind.

By the way, did we ever have a poll about John Williams' best/favourite western score? I mean, there are just four of them: The Rare Breed, The Man Who Loved Cat Dancing, The Cowboys and The Missouri Breaks.

Probably, The Cowboys would win by a landmile.

5 hours ago, GerateWohl said:

By the way, did we ever have a poll about John Williams' best/favourite western score? I mean, there are just four of them: The Rare Breed, The Man Who Loved Cat Dancing, The Cowboys and The Missouri Breaks.

Probably, The Cowboys would win by a landmile.

You forgot The Plainsman!

https://thebatonpodcast.podbean.com/e/episode-14-the-plainsman/

Plus he did a LOT of western scores for TV, on shows like Tales of Wells Fargo, Empire, and Wagon Train. Thor is nicely working his way through some of those (with samples) on his Williams TV podcast.

Yavar