Missouri Breaks 2CD Complete Score (SOLD OUT in 72 hours!)

Jay

Any reason this release wasn't mentioned on the main site..?

Stupid hardware problems while on a short vacation :(

Sounds sucky. Exactly the kind of problems you don't need while being on vacation... :(

it's not like nobody noticed the relelase and the CD is sitting on Kritzerland's wharehouse forever :P so no problem hehe.

That's why I said: "People checking the main page for information on new releases might miss out on this..."

And they probably did...

Not everyone checks the forums.

I already pre-ordered the soundtrack on SAE. I cannot wait until I get the shipping confirmation. It will be available to order in mid-July.

Whoa! Scared the heck out of me. I'm one of the guys who doesn't always check the forums but checks the main page a few times a week unless reeeaaally busy. Scared me that it was sold out on the Kritzerland site, but SAE saved the day. My perfect John WIlliams score CD collection stays intact. *Whew!* :)

(Except between these limited JW releases and Masterpiece Transformers, my wife is going to lop my head off. Or my wallet hand. Or worse. Ugh.)

Okay, I am worried. I already ordered the soundtrack on SAE. The current status is pending. Now it is no longer available on SAE.

Will I get my order? It stated that the item was a pre-order and that it would be available in mid-July. I already ordered it, but now the site no longer has the soundtrack.

Will I get it?

If they received your order and you got a confirmation then I would suppose yes, you will get it. And of course the order is pending until they get the CDs to sent to the customers.

Okay, I am worried. I already ordered the soundtrack on SAE. The current status is pending. Now it is no longer available on SAE.

Will I get my order? It stated that the item was a pre-order and that it would be available in mid-July. I already ordered it, but now the site no longer has the soundtrack.

Will I get it?

Of course you will. Why wouldn't you?

Thanks to my fantastic wife, I was able to grab one at SAE. At least the order went through, so hoping that they still had one in a dusty corner somewhere! Thanks Jason!

The new 2CD Kritzerland version has been gone from SAE for a while now. Are you sure she didn't accidentally order a copy of the original Varese version?

http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm/ID/8851/THE-MISSOURI-BREAKS/

I just wanted to make sure. I ordered it on SAE last night, I received an e-mail confirming that I ordered the item, and the current order status is pending.

I did not receive a shipping confirmation yet, so I just wanted to be sure since it is no longer available on the site.

I have no words.

Gonna have to wait until the charge is now reversed! Time to email Peter Kelly!

Why, is that what happened?

I just wanted to make sure. I ordered it on SAE last night, I received an e-mail confirming that I ordered the item, and the current order status is pending.

I did not receive a shipping confirmation yet, so I just wanted to be sure since it is no longer available on the site.

You're fine.

I called and cancelled the SAE order. However I have to wait until the funds are reversed now, since it was a debit card, before I can place the new order.

It is now gone from Moviemusic.com

:(

You're fine.

I hope I am too...

Everyone who placed an order for one will get one. I don't understand why anyone would possibly think they wouldn't?

Anyways, it's now sold out at MM too, so it's gone everywhere I know of that sells soundtrack CDs.

Man, how can this soundtrack sell out EVERYWHERE so quickly?

I know it is a stupid question, since it is John Williams, but I never saw anything like this.

Well, I am certainly glad I ordered the soundtrack in time.

It's because Bruce Kimmel chose to limit the release to 1,200 copies only instead of something more reasonable like 2,000 or 2,500 copies.

It's because Bruce Kimmel chose to limit the release to 1,200 copies only instead of something more reasonable like 2,000 or 2,500 copies.

Yeah. Space Camp was more surprising to me as it has a bit more substantial number of copies pressed and still sold out so quickly.

Well, SpaceCamp is right in the middle of Williams' golden age, and it's that bombastic type of score that have always been his best selling ones

Well, SpaceCamp is right in the middle of Williams' golden age, and it's that bombastic type of score that have always been his best selling ones

And I guess the collector's item status of the previous CD didn't hurt either.

I got my original copy of Spacecamp here in a store. The guy in the soundtrack section was a film score buff and made special orders. I also found ToD the same day

both cost me a fortune though, around 75$ each even back then

I never had the original SpaceCamp, but I remember ordering the TOD OST CD from a catalog that used to come with Lucasfilm Games full of Star Wars and Indiana Jones merch. I think it cost like $40 or something. I'm glad I still have it, it's a Japanese import, with all the liner notes in Japanese.

I remember that one of my fellow collectors told me the Witches of Eastwick original OST was sold in a used CD store for something close to 80 € here in Finland. This was in 2006, just when the Collector's Choice reissue had come out. This guy told the store owner that this score had been reissued and the shop owner graciously lowered the price to "mere" 35€. I wonder what he would have asked for Space Camp. :P

I take it no one who ordered it on SAE has gotten any confirmation on the status of the order; the status for mine is still pending.

JohnnyD, did you not read the thread carefully? Bruce Kimmel puts his CDs up for sale before they've even been pressed, so we need to wait for them to get pressed, be paired with their booklets, shrinkwrapped, and sent to Kriterland's warehouse. Then, if you ordered direct from Kritzerland, they will ship to you from there. However, if you ordered from another retailer such as Screen Archives, you have to wait for the CDs to ship from Kritzerland's warehouse to Screen Archives warehouse before they can begin shipping to you.

Bruce hasn't posted any updates yet, so i'd assume the CDs aren't even done being pressed yet, or if they are, are still en-route to Kritzerland's warehouse.

This is why all the other labels don't take your orders until the CDs are ready to ship, so you don't have this awkward waiting period where you have no idea what is going on and get more and more antsy about your order all the time.

Honestly it's not awkward at all. You know the expected ship date, therefore you should expect it to ship on that date. Anything earlier is just better for you.

You placed an order, you have an order confirmation, you will get your CD.

You don't REALLY know an expected ship date, though! All Kritzerland's web site says is:

CD will ship the second week of August, but preorders placed at Kritzerland usually ship one to five weeks early (we’ve been averaging four weeks).

It's all quite vague.

Orders from SAE say Pending until they ship. That's the only status indicator you get. I usually get the shipping notification and tracking number on the same day the package shows up on my doorstep.

I never had the original SpaceCamp, but I remember ordering the TOD OST CD from a catalog that used to come with Lucasfilm Games full of Star Wars and Indiana Jones merch. I think it cost like $40 or something. I'm glad I still have it, it's a Japanese import, with all the liner notes in Japanese.

Those catalogs were great! That's how I got at least one of my Star Wars ties, the busy one with the main characters from the first film.

Yes, you have nothing to worry about JohnnyD. You will get your CD.

Those catalogs were great! That's how I got at least one of my Star Wars ties, the busy one with the main characters from the first film.

Yea, I'm glad someone else remembers those! I still have them all somewhere!

You don't REALLY know an expected ship date, though! All Kritzerland's web site says is:

CD will ship the second week of August, but preorders placed at Kritzerland usually ship one to five weeks early (we’ve been averaging four weeks).

It's all quite vague.

Second week of August sounds quite specific to me.

Specific is an exact date, IE August 11th. "Sometime during the second week of August, but probably before, anywhere from one week before to five weeks before I should say" is literally the opposite of specific.

What's not to get? He tells you straight up when it's going to ship. He then proceeds to explain that direct pre-orders usually ship early, but nothing is guaranteed. Therefore, second week of August.

I saw the Japanese ToD in the local Virgin Megastore in the late 90s. Picked it up, looked at it, put it back on the shelf. When I was there the next time, willing to pick it up, it was gone. Never again seen a copy of it since.

Thanks. Oh, and I did not read the thread. I am very busy, and do not have time to sit by the computer and read lengthy threads. I was asking a simple question. That is all. No harm.

Not sure how I missed this thread back in May. Actually it's probably because I was on a two-week Mediterranean cruise, but never mind :). Anyway, the first I knew about this release was when it appeared on the main page on the 5th. It was already sold out at Kritzerland by then but I bagged what must have been one of the last copies at SAE. Can't wait to get this.