The Matrix: The Deluxe Edition

Trent B

Here's my new breakdown for the Deluxe Edition of The Matrix.

01. "Main Title / Trinity Infinity"

-Same cue from the boot, but edited.

02. "Neo On The Edge"

-Sneak Rue Eve from the boot.

03. "Unable To Speak"

-Same cue as from the boot.

04. "Bait and Switch"

-Road To Truthville from the boot.

05. "Switched For Life"

-The Lafayette Mirror from the boot.

06. "Switched At Birth"

-The Power Plant from the boot.

07. "Switch's Brew"

-Welcome To The Real World from the boot.

08. "Cold Hearted Switch"

-The Nebuchadnezzar Crew from the boot.

09. "Nascent Nauseous Neo"

-The Truth from the boot but edited

10. "A Morpheus Moment"

-Mentoring Morpheus from the boot.

11. "Bow Wisk Orchestra"

-Training Begins from the boot, but correct title on this release.

12. "Domo Showdown"

-"Bow Whisk Orchestra" on the boot, but correct title for this release.

13. "Switch Or Break Show"

-Same as on the boot.

14. "Shake, Borrow, Switch"

-Free Your Mind from the boot.

15. "Freeze Face"

-What A Mind Job from the boot, probably correct title on this release.

16. "Switch Woks Her Boa"

-Sentinles from the boot.

17. "Switch Out"

-Arrival from the boot.

18. "Boon Spoy"

-Spoon Boy Sermon from the boot.

19. "Oracle Cookies"

-Oracle Honesty from the boot.

20. "Threat Mix"

-Hotel Ambush from the boot, but edited.

21. "Exit Mr. Hat"

-Same cue from the boot, but edited

22. "On Your Knees, Switch"

-Cypher Punk from the boot.

23. "Mix The Art"

-Perfect World from the boot.

24. "Whoa, Switch Brokers"

-Matters Of Belief from the boot

25. "No More Spoons"

-There Is No Spoon from the boot.

26. "Dodge This"

-Bullet-Time from the boot.

27. "Ontological Shock"

-Same cue from the boot, but edited.

28. "That's Gotta Hurt"

-Subway Showdown from the boot.

29. "Surprise"

-Neo On The Run from the boot.

30. "He's, The One Alright"

-Anything's possible from the boot.

Over all, a solid release but surprised they left off "A Virus" from this as it's on the OST. This release might just be okay for a lot of people but for others you still need cues from the complete sessions. The sessions are in the same quality as the Varese disc and I prefer a lot of the track names on the sessions compared to this disc.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya it seems to be the only cue not on the release, they probably couldn't fit it on the album. I would keep your OST if I were you. I'm keeping mine.

Ya it seems to be the only cue not on the release, they probably couldn't fit it on the album. I would keep your OST if I were you. I'm keeping mine.

So it's really not there?! I couldn't believe they really take away a so important cue from the regular release. Should I cancel my order as I did not receive them (In process, shown on my Varese order page), or should I order the OST as well?

So it's really not there?! I couldn't believe they really take away a so important cue from the regular release. Should I cancel my order as I did not receive them (In process, shown on my Varese order page), or should I order the OST as well?

Nope "A Virus" is not on the Deluxe Edition. As I speculated it's possible they couldn't fit it on there so they left it off. I wouldn't cancel your order and it wouldn't be a bad idea to have the OST for that one cue.

A similar thing happened with Chapter III's expanded Tomorrow Never Dies, a cue on the original album was left off the expanded release.

Got mine today. I really love that score. If only all of the composers in Hollywood today could actually pull off what Davis did with this one... Many sound like they're trying. They just suck at it.

Over all, a solid release but surprised they left off "A Virus" from this as it's on the OST. This release might just be okay for a lot of people but for others you still need cues from the complete sessions. The sessions are in the same quality as the Varese disc and I prefer a lot of the track names on the sessions compared to this disc.

I thought that track was missing but I wasn't sure since I never had the OST. Why would they leave it off? Ka-razy!!!! It would have made a nice transitional cue from the slower dramatic material into the more austere (a fitting description for the whole score, I think) action stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got my Matrix Copy yesterday. It's sound great. According to SoundtrackNet the disc contain only 76mins of music yet according to Varese, the disc has over 78 mins of music. According to my CD player, the length of the disc is 78 mins plus 8 seconds.

Indeed the "A virus" cue was token away, yet the theme was not. The "loading theme" was still there in the track 14, a 35 seconds cue. I don't know why not they just take the track 14 away and left more space for "A Virus". Anyway, this is still a Disc worth pick up.

I've got my Matrix Copy yesterday. It's sound great. According to SoundtrackNet the disc contain only 76mins of music yet according to Varese, the disc has over 78 mins of music. According to my CD player, the length of the disc is 78 mins plus 8 seconds.

Indeed the "A virus" cue was token away, yet the theme was not. The "loading theme" was still there in the track 14, a 35 seconds cue. I don't know why not they just take the track 14 away and left more space for "A Virus". Anyway, this is still a Disc worth pick up.

Actually track 14 is the cue that plays when the Jump Program is loaded. "A Virus" is a completely different cue.

Actually track 14 is the cue that plays when the Jump Program is loaded. "A Virus" is a completely different cue.

My point was the theme are the same (compare the sound clip from soundtracknet with my disc). So even we don't have the cue, at least we have the theme in a different, shorter form.

If a theme is great you want all the versions of it, remember the Lost score, they left out the best version of Locke's theme off the CD, in favour of another cue that had better development.

• 4 years later...

Bring on the 2CD COMPLETE Edition =D

(Varese has perpetuity rights to this score, only they can release it)

No, no Jason.

Bring on the complete box set with the music from the trilogy, The Animatrix, and a few related video games. :)

Now that I would buy instantly.

Karol

• 6 years later...