AOTC original Music score back in Movie

You know I don't just want a Ultimate Edition with the Score that John Williams originally intended. I also want a re-scored version of the Movie itself with the way that John Williams originally intended. I enjoyed the movie quite a bit.

I think it's one of the best Star Wars Films to date and all the usage of the Phantom Menace Music did not bother me as much as it does all of you, atleast it was not thematic music. I cringe at the thought of hearing Jar Jar Binks theme looped and used in a sequence with R2 and 3PO . With the exception of Yoda's theme showing up while Anakin fights Genisians in the droid factory, but all the reused music did fit the final battle very well. I have to be honest about that, but still I do agree with you all in that Lucas has killed John Williams Score to AOTC In the editing proccess and I very much want his original score not only in CD Format, but also put into into the Final Film in fact If I had my choose between having John Williams' original score to AOTC as he originally intended in CD format or to have it re-edited into the Final Film, I would pick for it to be re-inserted back into the Film. Ultimitely that is what I want the most.

Ronald C

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The more I think about it,the more i think that Williams composed NOTHING for the final battle simply because it's mostly pure CGI and probably wasn't done in febuary or when Williams composed the score.Jim Ware(or was it John Takis...doesn't matter ,i still believe they are one and the same, LOL!)said it in his score breakdown,there is 120 minutes of new music in the movie as it is,even more than Lucasfilm said Williams had composed.

K.M.Not liking it when he seems at a hour when he's alone on the board.

As I read it, John Takis said there were about 124 minutes of original music in the film, and Rick McCallum stated that Williams recorded 125 minutes of music. So if this is correct, there is almost all the recorded music in the movie.

-Chris

Yes the 110 minute figure was incorrect, it was actually 125 minutes. However, what we don't know is whether or not that 125 minutes includes alternates or not, and whether it includes the concert arrangement or not.

Either way, He would have had to of composed 135-140 minutes of music if he really did compose music for the final battle......Which I don't beleive he did.

-Jason

This still does not explain not using Williams' amazing ending for the End Credits. That could easily have been edited onto the end of ATS when they decided they needed to use ATS for longer credits.

Well, I'm even more pissed now, and it's my birthday today!