Conversations - New Chamber (piano solo) by John Williams

pro-arte

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm... sounds like the Newman piece, yeah?

Fantastic! Thanks, Koray!

Yes, the music playing sounds like something Newman would write. I hear rag-time influences.

The first piece is by Broughton (up to about 1:20), the second piece is by Newman (see the credits at the end, appearing at 3:03).

Not a blind buy at all! A surefire buy but it is JW, Desplat and the rest we are talking about after all!

I confess I'm not particularly interested in either the Broughton or Newman pieces, particularly after hearing those excerpts, fine as they are, though not my thing. Giacchino I could go either way with. He's the wildcard.

I don't know what people are expecting but, given the nature of the project, I bet none of the composers will go for obvious romantic piano or film moods or (Gymnopédie, The Piano, et cetera).

I don't know what people are expecting but, given the nature of the project, I bet none of the composers will go for obvious romantic piano or film moods or (Gymnopédie, The Piano, et cetera).

I expect everything and anything!

On 1/8/2015 at 4:06 AM, Alexcremers said:

Blah I hope not. That's possibly the most boring sort of music: quasi "classical" piano. Though if someone channels Satie I'm all for it.

For those planning on going to the concert--one of the shows has already sold out, but there are some limited tickets available for the other show!

https://www.facebook.com/MontageFilmComposers/photos/a.311226809044672.1073741828.308140492686637/403618286472190/?type=1&notif_t=like

I thought the concert was last year! Seems like they've put up another because of the CD. I assume the composers are not present this time (at least not all of them, and not Williams). If I lived close to Boston, I would have gone.

10898064_10152750476460326_6478631090307

What a feat! 3ft long, one measure movement from #JohnWilliams "Conversations" written and performed for #GloriaCheng in 2012.

https://www.facebook.com/jkmslibrary/photos/a.10150658466000326.393754.62282245325/10152750476460326/?type=1&theater

• 3 weeks later...