pro-arte

Conversations - New Chamber (piano solo) by John Williams

Hmm... sounds like the Newman piece, yeah?

Fantastic! Thanks, Koray!

Yes, the music playing sounds like something Newman would write. I hear rag-time influences.

The first piece is by Broughton (up to about 1:20), the second piece is by Newman (see the credits at the end, appearing at 3:03).

I confess I'm not particularly interested in either the Broughton or Newman pieces, particularly after hearing those excerpts, fine as they are, though not my thing. Giacchino I could go either way with. He's the wildcard.

I don't know what people are expecting but, given the nature of the project, I bet none of the composers will go for obvious romantic piano or film moods or (Gymnopédie, The Piano, et cetera).

I expect everything and anything!

On 1/8/2015 at 4:06 AM, Alexcremers said:

I don't know what people are expecting but, given the nature of the project, I bet none of the composers will go for obvious romantic piano or film moods or (Gymnopédie, The Piano, et cetera).

Blah I hope not. That's possibly the most boring sort of music: quasi "classical" piano. Though if someone channels Satie I'm all for it.

I thought the concert was last year! Seems like they've put up another because of the CD. I assume the composers are not present this time (at least not all of them, and not Williams). If I lived close to Boston, I would have gone.