Does anyone else find the end of Theme from Jurassic Park...insufferably irritating?

BLUMENKOHL

Theme is wonderfully introduced and developed IMO. The ending is perfect. If anything, I don't like the ending of End Credits (as a concert track I mean, in the movie it is the perfect close).

^^ yep, and that's why Erich Kunzel fixed it and Williams uses Kunzels version now.

How do you know it is not the other way around?

A interview with Kunzel in FilmScoreMonthly. Kunzel also noted that he was usually the first to request a printed score from Williams.

The incessant repetition only works because of the variety in the orchestration. Put it on a single instrument and it becomes extremely repetitive - I notice that when I play it on piano, for instance.

That's essentially true for most melodies that are memorable. If you play them very straight forward they seem childish. Sort of reminds me of that scene in Charlie Brown's Christmas where Schroeder is playing Jingle Bells and Lucy insists that he just isn't getting it right, so he keeps playing different variations until it sounds like a kid's toy piano, and he's hammering away with one finger.

Since Dracula maybe the most boring theme by Johnny. Otherwise thrilling music.

I agree. But like you say, it's great to hear the Star Wars style underscore in another movie.

First badmouthing JP, now Drac?!

How can you listen to 'Love Scene' or 'Dracula's Death' and say...ho-hum. Boring. ???

Mr. K