Hans Zimmer started on INTERSTELLAR

publicist

While the 80's were glorious - not for clothings or pop music of course - they are also very visibly OVER. So why act as if a hardworking tutti Williams score from a Spielberg adolescent movie could be in any way a template for a heady scifi drama in 2014?

It's also one of the most gaudy Filmtracks reviews. Reliable Clemmenson explains the composer how he should approach a movie based on Clemmenson's raw notions of the genre he assumes MISSION TO MARS is belonging to. I quote:

"Avoid it... if you've always squirmed in your seat at old theme park space exploration rides because of their badly dated, 1960's style of cheesy soundtracks...."Its genuine, but restrained sense of wonder is conveyed by extremely smooth lines of melody that are intentionally jarred by awkward, dissonant counterpoint and instrumentation that reminds of cheap, 60's fantasy scores. Unfortunately, space travel has rarely been so dull."

"The pacing of these cues conveys no sense of weight or importance; Morricone's extremely frail thematic development in the first three cues on album gives you the sense that space travel and the discovery of alien life is a breezy trifle that should lightly occupy the fancy of people without any hysteria or wonder."

I don't really post at all in these forums anymore, but reading this thread just makes me wonder about something I see in several boards; why is it that Zimmer fans always seem to resort to personal insults against those who don't like him?

I don't really post at all in these forums anymore, but reading this thread just makes me wonder about something I see in several boards; why is it that Zimmer fans always seem to resort to personal insults against those who don't like him?

I haven't followed this thread so I'm not talking about any member here, but maybe it's because those who don't like him talk about him in an insulting way? ;)

why is it that Zimmer fans always seem to resort to personal insults against those who don't like him?

There suffer from a stunted emotional development. In essence they are 14 year old boys at heart. The slightly more grown up version of a Brony.

Anyone who takes either side as being serious is just not acclimated to the way this board works. Which makes it particularly obnoxious to show up out of nowhere with these self-righteous proclamations. Come on now.

I agree.

Now let's ban BloodBoal for a year, please.

Not before we ban you for a decade!

I'm not going anywhere without a fight!

like-boss-funny-pictures-sword-duel.jpg

"Now come!" said Gandalf. "Pray do not interrupt, my good Gloin. That was a regrettable misunderstanding, long set right. If all the grievances that stand between Elves and Dwarves are to be brought up here, we may as well abandon this Council."

"Now come!" said Gandalf. "Pray do not interrupt, my good Gloin. That was a regrettable misunderstanding, long set right. If all the grievances that stand between Elves and Dwarves are to be brought up here, we may as well abandon this Council."

What BORING author wrote this BORING quote?

I agree.

Now let's ban BloodBoal for a year, please.

Not before we ban you for a decade!

I'm not going anywhere without a fight!

like-boss-funny-pictures-sword-duel.jpg

Alright! I challenge you to an underwater duel!

maxresdefault.jpg

So be it. But you will fall!!

drowning_by_sexyakatsuki-d5zu359.jpg

Zimmer-fan!

Drax's favourite writer of course! Drax thinks he's AWESOME!