Hans Zimmer Self-Plagiarism Thread

Besides John Williams (of whom casual movie goers say "This sounds like Star Wars"), I think that Hans Zimmer is a very recognizable sound. I just want to see how many times Zimmer has taken motifs and melodies from himself!

Time stamps if possible please.

I think what inspired me to make this was that in some other thread, someone posted a Drop Zone cue which is basically He's A Pirate. Turns out they used that same Drop Zone cue in a trailer for Curse of the Black pearl.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

There are several instances of melodies popping up in different scores, usually all revolving around a unified idea or atmosphere or mood, though.

The Batman theme originally appeared in Black Rain, then in Where Sleeping Dogs Lie, and then Batman Begins. I'd give out time stamps but I don't have Hans on my new computer yet.

There's a melody from Hannibal that's in The Ring and The Da Vinci Code, if I remember correctly.

Gladiator makes an appearance in The Road To El Dorado.

Bits of "The Battle" from Gladiator are reused in "The Black Pearl" from PotC.

There's the "Media Ventures/RCP theme," which is discussed extensively in one of the more recent FSM podcasts. I think it's called "FSM Podcast Catchup."

Bits of "The Battle" from Gladiator are reused in "The Black Pearl" from PotC.

There's the "Media Ventures/RCP theme," which is discussed extensively in one of the more recent FSM podcasts. I think it's called "FSM Podcast Catchup."

Are you talking about the Dune/Shrek/Deep Blue Sea melody?